What is Kennen's role?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryke

10-13-2010

Started playing kennen and I think he's quite fun. I was just wondering what his role in a team is. Is more of a support caster like morgana (i.e. cc-focused)? Or is he a straight up burst dmg caster like annie/ryze? I've also heard of AS and tank kennen as well.

Being new to playing the champ, I was wondering what is his preferred role in a team?

OBITWIZZLE

10-13-2010

assassin i'd assume. I've had kennen jump out of the bushes and own the hell out of me in a few seconds, then disappear back into the bushes.

bluefoot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

I often see him played almost as a hybrid AS-AP.

the as is build with items such as nashors and guinsoos, and the rest of the items are very AP-oriented.

His combos can do massive AoE damage that will make people rage, and then with the guinsoo stacks he can hit faster than lightning, which also helps his stuns.

He is almost always a good addition to the team, since his crowd control (especially after a rylais) is so reliable, and the damage he deals is nothing to joke about.

Carados

10-13-2010

Disabler.

Zielmann

10-13-2010

I play him as a thick caster (rushing Ryali's), which I suppose makes him more of a disabler than anything. But if you get fed a couple kills earlier in the game, he can quickly become a carry mage.

In teamfights, he's best as a secondary, rather than primary initiator. Let the other team blow a few CD's on a primary initiator, and then run in with the ult. He survives better this way, and seems to bring more to the team as well, since he's actually alive after a fight to help kite with stuns/Rylai's slow.

Altimara

10-13-2010

Wreck teamfights as a pure AP build. With 20 Mejai's stacks, rylai's, and zhonya's, your ult alone does ~1000 damage per person before MR. If you play well enough, this happens every couple of games

Rakeash

10-13-2010

Quote:
Disabler.
^ and he does a lot of damage

laundrymonster

10-13-2010

Kennen takes mid, rapes it hard. Gets super fed then ganks the top lane to ult and hit W then get double kills.
He then teamstuns every single teamfight WHEN THERE IS MORE THAN ONE ENEMY. And wins the game for his team.

McRofls

10-13-2010

Dominates his lane
Does great AOE damage
Is difficult to kill
But most importantly, stuns alike woah.