Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Manual of Arms

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OBITWIZZLE

10-13-2010

I didn't attack you, or flip out. I even said i hate to be that guy. What do you want from me?

You wanted constructive criticism right? There means something totally different than their. It's not my fault, I didn't invent the english language. It just looks silly. I'm assuming you're at least in high school, so this should be a non-issue.

Carados

10-13-2010

Quote:
StonemanEVOL:
"Should be a mention of no need to purchase Level 2 runes here."
If hes not saying there is no need to buy tier (level -> tier) 2 runes then im not sure what a level 2 rune is

Someone who can't read shouldn't write guides.

VCJunky

10-13-2010

Quote:
Redenbacher:
Fortify is a viable defense against backdooring, and thus has a purpose, at least in ranked games. If I saw Pantheon, TF, and Shen on the enemy team... I would suggest at least one of my teammates pack Fortify.

I definitely agree with this. Even if you don't get the matching Mastery, it doesn't suck.

Valiant Turtle

10-13-2010

Overall it's a reasonable effort and some parts are pretty good. I do think you should fix the their/there/they're issues if you want it to be taken seriously though. Most people read with an internal audio of what they are reading and aren't confused by homophones, but others do not run that internal audio (it's quicker that way) and have to slow down to figure out why you used a word which doesn't make sense.

I'd recommend just removing those non-role examples in your role lists. I think that is confusing the issue overall and in some cases you've got very questionable non-examples there. Specifically Sivir is viable as a carry and both Cho'Gath and Warwick are viable as a Tank (and probably better than Mundo since the only CC he has is slow). Annie can Tank if she wants to (she has CC + Shield and people have a habit of focusing her anyway) so you could probably figure out an Off-Tank build for her if you really wanted to. Off-Tank is a very vague area though so that one can be ignored. Overall, just ditch the non-example idea.

I'd consider adding Assassin as a role that is almost better defined than Off-Tank. Examples would be Akali, Kass, Kat, Shaco and Eve.

Listing Galio and Shen as support champs seems way off, they're much more Tanks than they are Support. I'd definitely add Janna in support and consider adding Heimer as well.

I agree with those complaining about your not getting runes till lvl 10. T1 runes are so cheap there is no reason not to get them.

I agree with the last-hitting information and it's great that you actually explained why. However, there are some things that experienced players sometimes forget. Most newbies (and several not-so-newbies) absolutely suck at last-hitting under their turret so you can deny massive amounts of gold pinning them there. They are also a bit more likely to panic and do something stupid. In addition, teamwork is usually terrible and there's almost never a jungler, so ganking is a much smaller concern and is very easily mitigated by watching the map for mias.