Gold loss upon death a good idea?

Yes 14 19.18%
No 59 80.82%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

I know this isn't DotA...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wraen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindae View Post
LoL has a very good policy about "anti-fun" mechanics. If it's horribly unfun for one person and not much fun for the other, there's no reason to implement it. No one gains any fun from gold loss, but it sure as hell decreases fun.
If your teammates played better and gave you a better all-around gaming experience, thats not worth adding a "less fun" mechanic?

freeker

10-13-2010

stop bring idea from dota dis is not dota and dis wil never be dota sow stop using dota on lol >.>

Wraen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeker View Post
stop bring idea from dota dis is not dota and dis wil never be dota sow stop using dota on lol >.>
Because it's the same genre of game. There's a reason almost every console FPS has "Halo" controls. Good ideas spread. Not saying this is a great idea, but that's my defense for bringing something up from DotA. It started it all.

MetalHev

10-13-2010

Do you want EVEN MORE snowballing in LoL?

Seriously?

Hello, I'm a bush. Come check me.

Tipzntrix

10-13-2010

The issue with no gold loss is it makes it harder to shut down heroes. They get behind because of respawn time, but they don't lose any of the farm that they might have had. Don't forget there is still recall and summoner spell teleport in this game.

Wraen

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipzntrix View Post
The issue with no gold loss is it makes it harder to shut down heroes. They get behind because of respawn time, but they don't lose any of the farm that they might have had. Don't forget there is still recall and summoner spell teleport in this game.
This is my point exactly.

ShookieLee

10-13-2010

there should be gold loss upon death. It will motivate players to be less foolhardy and actually think more.

K1CKER

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraen View Post
But I'd just like to know the reasoning for not having gold loss upon death.

I understand this game caters to a more casual gamer as well as the hardcore, but I don't think it's right a 5-5 Yi can have the same level of items as a 5-0 Olaf (I don't play Olaf, this is just an example).

I think it would promote better team play and strategy, rather than some of the current players who just get a beefy/high DPS hero and tower dive not worrying about any consequences.

You'd have to think before you acted.. not that you don't now.. but I think there should be a bigger degree of repercussions for being a kamikaze.

Don't flame me for it, it's just my opinion and I'd like to know yours.
That is a very dumb idea.

People are already cowards, u want to make them even more afraid of a death ? ??

This would only make them go back to base every 2 mins to spend gold and run away like headless chickens instead of helping the team fight.

So yeah VERY BAD IDEA FOR THIS PLAYER BASE

InfinityD

10-13-2010

The game itself is just not built around losing gold when you die. In essence, you already do, becuase you miss out on at least 2 creep waves, and you've given the enemy at least 200 gold.

I don't particularly agree with your comparison of the 5/5 and 5/0, just for that reason. You may have as much gold as the olaf has (most likely not, becuase you've spent a couple minutes dead or running back at this point), but the enemy team overall has over 1000 gold more, and if they're smart, has pushed their advantage at one point to get dragon or farm more.

I personally think that gold loss upon death does nothing to add any fun into the game. It boils down to being the same as old MMO's that took experience away when you died, or other games that had severe punishments for no particular reason. Part of what I really enjoy about LoL is that the match is generally competitive till the last second, and not a lopsided victory for one side specifically because of gold loss.

ShookieLee

10-13-2010

since this is topic on "i know it's not dota.." i would like to suggest changing the tower agro a little more like dota's; If the creeps arent attaking it then after a couple of hits from u the tower should agro u.