Hi. I have a question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rasterize

10-13-2010

I'm not new to the game but every time I post a thread on the general discussion, they get deleted(happened twice) so I'm just gona post here :P also, search feature should be enabled...

Anyways, my question: can anyone tell me how to see other player's stats in-game(during an actual game)? Like, for example, during this one game I played, someone from the enemy team knew that I had 22% att speed(due to runes) right after the game loaded. How did he do that? I'd like to know. I hate going against someone who I think I can kill for sure, then later find out that he had 20+ armor pen after killing me despite the fact that he had only half HP and no mana...

Thank you in advance!

-Rasterize

terembura

10-13-2010

You can't see those stats and variables ingame. What they probably did is they opened up another client (maybe their friend did this for them) and checked your stats there.

Frag Pulf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

He could also be a math wiz and know your base attack speed for your given champion, crunch some numbers and figure it out... but that's unlikely. Terembure probably gave the best explanation.

Regards to your deleted topic. You might want to check your browser history and look for your threads. Threads get buried REAL quick in General Discussion.

Doctor Awesome

10-13-2010

You can see some of the most basic stats, as well as all equipment, by clicking on an enemy, bringing up their info-panel at the top of the screen. This displays Health, Mana, Damage, Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Ability Power, Armor, and Magic Resist. Stats not visible on enemies include Health/Mana Regen, Lifesteal, Spellvamp, Dodge, Cooldown Reduction, Armor/Magic Penetration, Critical Chance, and Critical Bonus, though you can view these for yourself by clicking on your portrait or pressing 'C' (except Critical Bonus, because it is only granted by one ability, one mastery, two kinds of rune, and one item, so it's pretty easy to add up for yourself.)

While most of these stats are easily calculated from examining their equipment, I'll give you some useful information:

As you may or may not know, the damage reduction you get from Armor is equal to

1-100/(100+Armor)

and likewise for Magic Resist. The easy way of interpreting this equation is, for every 100 Armor or Magic resist you have, you are 100% harder to kill (100 = twice as hard, 200 = three times as hard, etc.)

How this relates to the "hidden" stats: most champions will have around 20 Armor and 30 Magic Resist at the beginning of the game, which is about 17% and 25% damage reduction versus physical and magic, respectively. (If you want to know exactly, you can hover your mouse over someone's armor value in their info-panel to see how much damage reduction they have.) So, obviously, if the enemy uses basic attacks on you, and you notice their damage isn't reduced by 17%, they must have Armor Penetration.

If you're playing against players who are level 30 Summoners, they will probably have a full rune page. Generally, Armor Penetration is considered the best physical offense stat you can get from runes; you can get 18 from just Marks, and an additional 12 or so from Quintessences--add on the 6 you can get from masteries, and the maximum Armor Penetration you can get at the start of the game is 35, more than enough to penetrate almost any champion's armor completely early game. Against level 30 opponents, it's safe to assume they will have at least 18 penetration, so expect them to deal a lot of damage before you level up enough to get high armor.

Items like Brutalizer (15 APen), its upgrade Youumu's Ghostblade (20 APen), and Last Whisper (40% APen) can also penetrate armor, so look for those items when sizing up the enemy. Stark's Fervor also has an aura that reduces nearby enemy armor by 20, and Black Cleaver reduces armor by a whopping 12 per hit (up to 60 total), so look out there too. Beyond this, many champions have abilities that reduce armor, including Taric, Nasus, Urgot, Nidalee, Corki, Kog'Maw, and Karthus.

As far as Magic Penetration, there is a mastery for 15% Penetration, and runes for up to 20 or so. Key items include Haunting Guise, Sorceror's Shoes (20 MPen each), Void Staff (40% MPen), and Abyssal Scepter (-20 MR aura). Champions who reduce MR include Morgana, Ryze, Karthus, and Nidalee.

As a rule of thumb, it is safe to assume the enemy will do more damage than you anticipated--as to how much, you should be able to learn with experience.

Critical Chance is a significantly easier stat to evaluate; as of a recent patch, no champions except Tryndamere and Ashe can crit on regular attacks naturally. (A few have automatic criticals, but they have specific conditions for performing them.) There is a mastery for 2% critical chance that many physical champions will take, and runes for up to 20% or so, but these are not terribly popular; if you fight an enemy and notice that they crit more than one attack in a single fight without any critical-granting equipment, odds are they have these runes. Gangplank is the only champion that springs to mind as likely to use critical runes, because his Parrrley ability can crit, so watch out for him.

That should be enough info to at least help you better estimate your opponent's strengths.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

10-13-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=172321
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=175075

I found your old threads by googling
Rasterize site:leagueoflegends.com

Bookmarking helps

Loougle

10-13-2010

Every time you click on a hero it shows their stats, so anytime you see a hero using runes or masteries you can tell by the stats.

Play the game long enough you'll have a good idea of what you're going against.

Rasterize

10-13-2010

Great!! Thanks a lot for the responses guys! And that is a very informative post Doctor Awesome xD I got more than I was initially looking for. Helps a lot [: And yeah I should've bookmarked them xD oops.