Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Black Cleaver nerf makes no sense...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nile Strom

01-24-2013

I feel that the armor shred is far to high it is so high in fact that you can now safely run an all ad comp if you use Black Clever. 6.25% reduction times four equals a final reduction of 25% which both you and your team can benefit from plus the ten flat penetration you get. The item is just to good once you add in all the other stats it gives I feel that the pen total should be dropped by 5% at max stacks.

TealNinje

01-24-2013

Quote:
Mistretul:
I am good and math but I really do not care about using it for LOL. But...

The BC nerf was needed. I saw a lot of people stacking BC because the item is very, very good.

I bet that people that people that cry because of the nerf are mostly ADC and Bruisers. Because they loose their imba status to some extent. Can the people that cry please point out another item that people stack? I only saw people stacking BC, maybe you can stack another item but never, ever more then 2. I saw 3 and more black cleavers (not in competitive play though). This means that this items is very powerful, more powerful then the rest (because you do not buy the rest, you buy BC) so it needs a nerf.

Should be easy enough to see:
If people stack it => nerf
if nobody buys it => buff

I only started using Black Cleaver again AFTER the nerf. I was routinely playing mage bruisers, junglers, supports and mid mages.

Randuin's Omen hard countered Black Cleaver. It still does. Yet I still see almost noone building a ROmen, despite the fact that it ALSO counters the ranged carry.

XNoodleMuncher

01-24-2013

league of black cleavers leggo

sepetaiya

01-25-2013

this is true, made the wrong passive unique

this is why a full team of ad bruisers each with a cleaver is the best comp now

me own u number1

01-31-2013

Quote:
destromau5:
with the changes to armor and all the masteries, it is far easier to ignore more armor than tanks can build. if you build 150 armor, 30% is 45, so take it down to 105, with another 3% extra you get from masteries (because tanks get 5% and AD get 8%, and the flat armor/flat ArP masteries cancel each other out), drop it down to 100.5, then a Last Whisper which is another 35%, drop it down to 48, 3 black cleavers, and you have them down to 3 armor, so yes, basically true damage to a tank after 3 BCs,(and 150 armor is about normal for mid game)

lol 3 black cleavers mid game? your crazy lol

cpudemon

02-01-2013

Editing my original rant - so BC is gonna be 5% flat 5 stacks so it remains 25% so I guess my rage about that change doesn't really matter as much as my math is bad...however I still fail to see then how removing 50 hp from it balances it any more or less. The 5% change is all that should be changed, it's pretty much on par with Liandry's or Blackfire Torch. And on top of that they buff DFG and Zhonya's. BC isn't as game breaking anymore, you nerfed the 15 armor pen to 10 made it unique and made the passive unique. It doesn't need to be nerfed anymore.