LP swings are extremely too much

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KirkVanH0uten

02-06-2013

I win 10 games in a row i move from 50 lp points in d4 to d3 silver. get up to 78 LP and i lose 1 game and it takes over 50 lp from me...50lp?!?! are you kidding me???? how the hell am i gunna get any higher with 10-20 lp for wins and 50 lp for losses...

KirkVanH0uten

02-06-2013

oh btw, just checked the people i played against. one is in gold division 3 then two others are in silver division 1, our highest is in silver division 2....this makes NO sense to me being we SHOULD have lost so our LP loss should have been minimal.

jackyfish

02-06-2013

i got 7,3,1 LP in my last 3 games, so there maybe a bug in this system

KirkVanH0uten

02-06-2013

I really hope they figure this stuff out soon. I know I can still rise because I'm generally better than most of the people I'm playing with. But it's somewhat frustrating when you have to win 3 games to 1 loss to gain lp.

Ty The Titan

02-06-2013

What was your LP before the game and after? Was the change exactly fifty?

Have you been dodging a lot of ques? That will decrease the number of points you receive on wins. You'll also receive a point boost, known as a hotstreak, when you win 3 or more games in a row.

I'm assuming you mean this game.
Game Length: 47 minutes.
You were playing as jungle Cho'Gath, your teammates were;
support Taric, Silver 1
adc Ezreal, Silver 2
mid Annie, Silver 2
top Nidalee. Silver 3

Your opponents were;
top Garen, Bronze 1
jungle Darius, Silver 1
adc Varus, Gold 5
mid Twisted Fate, Silver 2
support Lulu, Silver 2

Your opponends were not that much different from you elo wise. Gold 5 is not very different from Silver 1. (Roughly the same as the difference between silver 1 and silver 2).
But it was made up with someone who was bronze 1 (slightly below silver 5).

Velcroso

02-06-2013

The system it's still stupid in this regard i won 5 games in a row a couple of days ago, and lost all the points i got from them in 3 loses, Solo Qeue its a 50/50 designed system so the amount of LP you lose should be slighty lower than the ones you win, thinking that even when you get to 100 LP you still have to play the promotion matches.

Another thing that i find stupid it's the fact of making a Top player list on the division, Because oh yea im top 1 on my division but i still only have 80LP meaning even if im top 1 i still have to win some games, So why would i care if im top 1? i only care about my LP to get the promotion matches, Or you are top 5 but you already reached your 100LP to me that is fine i dont care about my position.

What im saying here its that the position on the top is meanigless, because whats really important its the LP after all, My suggestion would be to make the system based on the top 5 of the division are up for promotion base on their win/lose ratio but i guess riot still haves to change some things on this new system

DemonĂ¯k

02-06-2013

I'm gaining 20-25 points (sometimes more) when I win and only losing roughly 15 per loss, and I've seen comments similar to this on here so I'm not sure why I keep seeing people saying that they have to win 5 games to make up for 1 or 2 losses. I can lose 2 in a row and win 1 and be right back where I was before I lost the 2 games. I'm pretty sure it's different for higher divisions though.

KirkVanH0uten

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty The Titan View Post
What was your LP before the game and after? Was the change exactly fifty?

Have you been dodging a lot of ques? That will decrease the number of points you receive on wins. You'll also receive a point boost, known as a hotstreak, when you win 3 or more games in a row.

I'm assuming you mean this game.
Game Length: 47 minutes.
You were playing as jungle Cho'Gath, your teammates were;
support Taric, Silver 1
adc Ezreal, Silver 2
mid Annie, Silver 2
top Nidalee. Silver 3

Your opponents were;
top Garen, Bronze 1
jungle Darius, Silver 1
adc Varus, Gold 5
mid Twisted Fate, Silver 2
support Lulu, Silver 2

Your opponends were not that much different from you elo wise. Gold 5 is not very different from Silver 1. (Roughly the same as the difference between silver 1 and silver 2).
But it was made up with someone who was bronze 1 (slightly below silver 5).
that was the game i was referring to. HOWEVER, at first my LP was 78 and it dropped me to 27 but it must have been a bug because now im back up to 55. a 22 point lp loss is somewhat acceptable so im done griping.

fenderjazz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

I was at 99, lost two because of feeders (seriously), now I'm back at 61. That is a lot of wins to get back to 99. Feel like quitting, this is stupid.

In before the "OBVS YOU ARE BLAMING OTHER PEOPLE FOR YOUR LOSSES" trolls.

DeepInsideYou

02-08-2013

You guys are ridiculous.... so what you loose a couple points. I'm sure u could of carried your roles better by warding, pinging, carrying the team, taking strategic points, positioning your team, and also pushing turrets.

I've carried myself from Bronze to Plat... (currently Gold Div 1) you will loose points but it only makes you better....