Why do people keep leaving?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draknarr

10-13-2010

I'm noticing this to be a common issue.

I will see either:
a) A match just starts and when people are choosing their champion someone drops out and we all go back into que.
b) We get in game and someone immediately drops out.

What is going on? This happens A LOT!! Last night it took SIX (6) attempts at a 3v3 because different people kept leaving at the champion select screen. Then if someone disappears in-game that's at least a 20% power reduction for the team that loses a player (33% in 3v3!!). Are their games crashing or what?

VerZioN

10-13-2010

People either want to let the other team win.. OR something important popped up into their lives.

Bonjah

10-13-2010

this is fine, it would be unfair if someone leaves during a game, I really dont mind anyone leaving during the champion selection phase, rather than someone who leaves during the game.

Frag Pulf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Some explanations as to why people drop during que, not reasons why it's fine:

1) The largest cause is they just don't like the champions their teammates choose. As it stands if you pick Eveylnn you have the highest chance to have a teammate to que dodge.

2) Still dealing with champion selection. You took their favorite champion to play. Therefore they leave to que up and hopefully get it next game.

3) A not so common reason is they forgot to fix their rune page, or anything else that they can't fix while in-game. I know I'm forgetful and have pulled this a couple of times.

4) Sometimes life DOES pull you aside from video games. A few days ago my father called me a side and I couldn't say to him "Sorry just started a new game of LoL." Causing me to drop the game.

5) Oh, and of course internet connection problems DO happen.

Solutions?

1) Play a few games and find two (four) decent players you like and add them to your friends list. Then just play arranged 3's (5's) with them. This is the best solution to be honest.

2) Realize that however annoying it is, you are only playing normal games and there are worst scenarios to have leavers in.

3) Talk with your team while in champion selection. If you aren't dead set on playing a set champion but have an interest here's what you do. As soon as selection comes up click that champion, without locking in, politely ask your teammates if they mind if you <insert champion name here.> This shows you care about the game and you're a nice guy.

I hope these explanations and tips help you with your queing!