How do you play a Nasus when ...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatalistica

10-13-2010

(a) There's another real tank on your team (like Amumu, Shen)
(b) when there's no tank and you're being relied on.

Mineomancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

I don't play nasus often, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think he is still one of the better off-tanks. He has great CC, does very good damage with Q, especially when in Ult form. My suggestions:

(a) get triforce, then focus on other tanky items depending on enemy team comp.
(b) Focus on tanky items first, maybe get a sheen early for damage but thats it.

Dwarfling

10-13-2010

a) Play like you usually do
b) Tell them if they wanted a main tank they should have picked one.

Redenbacher

10-13-2010

Initiating with Nasus is very tricky, and ill advised, so if you have another good fire-starter on your team, rely on them to start while you immediately charge in to follow. As soon as the enemy has committed to targets, pop your ultimate and watch them scatter.

Whether or not your team has a true tank is irrelevant. Taking focus with Nasus and causing the enemy team to falter is all about timing. You can initiate by coordinating with your team to set up ahead of time, Wither a carry that's out of place and charge in to focus them down - but you're relying on that out-of-place carry, which may not always happen.

malphismia

10-13-2010

(a) 2-3 doran's blade, Sheen, Youmuu's, Triforce, Atma's
(b) Nasus can't really initiate. and is really easily kitable (which is why Youmuu's is important). You might want Randuin's omen. But you definitely want Aegis.

HerraHuurre

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfling View Post
a) Play like you usually do
b) Tell them if they wanted a main tank they should have picked one.
^This. Nasus doesnt work that well as a main tank. But I guess crying over it after champion picking is kinda useless

sser

10-13-2010

A) You can go the more offensive tanky route in most situations like this. Pairing with Amumu, who can snare the enemy while your ult runs on them, is easily the best tank to go with Nasus.

B) You should probably go the tankier route. However, the team should know that Nasus, as a tank, is the worst initiator and you're gonna need someone like Annie, Ashe or whomever else to start battles for you.

Eppa

10-13-2010

I just use the Messiah build, possibly getting an early Omen. It's just really solid.

The key thing is do you have an initiate like Ashe. If you don't I just pick a tank that can initiate.

Carados

10-13-2010

A) Nasus is basically a champion like Olaf, Garen, or such. He's a melee carry that's hard to kill.
B) Not choose Nasus if your team can't initiate? I don't know what you're saying here.

EchoRex

10-13-2010

A) Merc's, Atma's and TrinForce then ArPen.
B) Choose another champion.