Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Easiest carry to pick-up and play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tokinatoor

10-13-2010

Tank Garen.
He is built like a tank and can kill people in 1 move.

VCJunky

10-13-2010

Quote:
Gibbons2284:
I have played Ashe, Olaf, and Tristana in the past and I agree: they seem to either take forever to farm up, or I can't seem to do enough damage.

Double check your runes and item build. All 3 of these can hit pretty hard and very fast.

Redenbacher

10-13-2010

Quote:
FlyMoto:
As for Morde, he is iffy. If you have a bad start in the slighest, you will do very little for your team the entire game. You have to have an amazing start and keep pushing the advantage, because as late game comes around your damage is going to drop drastically while enemies can take down your shield faster and the fact that you have no CC becomes more apparent. Your best hope late game is to Ult their carry and hope that can win it for you. In other words, Morde CAN be good, but he is not a carry.

If you're doing your job right as Morde, your team will already have a tremendous push advantage before it even gets in to the end game.

You are right, however, in that having a poor laning phase will result in poor contribution later on. However, Morde is so powerful in a lane, that it is almost difficult to have a bad laning phase, and at lower levels of play, such as the OP, even harder so.

Dwarfling

10-13-2010

MF is easy to pick up, has an easy dominant early game (for now) and although not as hard carry as Tristana or Twitch (they get some massive IAS skills) she makes up for it with a long range cone AoE ult.

Only bad thing is her price and lack of escapes.

PackMan97

10-13-2010

Morde desperately needs someone on his team to jungle. If you have no jungler, don't even bother.

1. Morde needs to level quickly to press his early/mid game advantage. This doesn't happen in a duo lane.
2. Morde needs to vacuum in all the creeps and item up and get an early/mid game advantage. This doesn't happen in a duo lane (or it gold starves someone if he does).
3. Your team needs the extra gold from the jungle.

Redenbacher

10-13-2010

Quote:
PackMan97:
Morde desperately needs someone on his team to jungle. If you have no jungler, don't even bother.

1. Morde needs to level quickly to press his early/mid game advantage. This doesn't happen in a duo lane.
2. Morde needs to vacuum in all the creeps and item up and get an early/mid game advantage. This doesn't happen in a duo lane (or it gold starves someone if he does).
3. Your team needs the extra gold from the jungle.

This is so blatantly untrue it's amusing.

1. It can by zoning out the enemy with the right lane mate, generally a poor farmer or someone with some form of CC and/or powerful ranged harass. I have laned successfully with a plethora of champions... but try to avoid other strong pushers like Morgana, Sivir, Singed, Heimer, etc.
2. Sure, it helps, but again, not necessary. You can easily last-hit just like any other champ and do just as well, using the creeps only to charge your shield (when needed, not all the time).
3. This... doesn't even make sense.

Unmentioned: Morde can solo middle just fine, and you never mention that. He very handily shuts down enemy carries, while simultaneously 'vacuuming' up creeps and gaining a level advantage.

Remember that we are not talking about Elite ELO (where no one misses skill shots, everyone dodges skill shots, no one dies, and everyone has QSS), we are talking about low level play, and Morde does very well against over-aggressive lane enemies.

FABIOForever

10-13-2010

Easiest? For low level?

Ryze. He's the only champion in the game who literally might as well have all of his abilities mapped to a single button.

Xtchizobr

10-13-2010

Quote:
Redenbacher:
I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend Mordekaiser. I know, not a true carry, per say. However, he's one of the few champions that can, if overleveled and well farmed, carry his team, kicking and screaming, right to the Nexus.

Why?
He can easily dominate a solo lane against an unskilled or easily intimidated opponent... and it's very easy to intimidate with Mordekaiser.
He can easily out-farm and out-level an opposing lane because he can jungle and lane at the same time.
He can quickly push and apply pressure to towers, and killing towers wins games, not kills.

Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. My main reason for suggesting him is durability. Tristana and Ashe are 'carries', per say - but even if fed, can be focused and crushed, leaving your team with no effective damage.

i don't think it's a good thing to recommend an imbalanced tanky-champ as a solution for easy wins...