New(er) player to Dominion- HELP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lux Eternus

12-14-2012

Hey guys,

I started playing Dominion about a month ago- and i don't play it too often. However- i find it really fun, and have gotten some of my friends to join me on this bandwagon.

Saying that, i'm not very good yet. I've been following the dominion threads for awhile now, and i have the time so im posting this.

I'm something like 26w-15l in Dominion- and i have really no idea what im doing.

I guess, i was just hoping if someone really good in dominion would mind teaching me a few tricks- perhaps get me better at it.

(btw- i was like 9-10 in dominion b/c i played it alot when i was very nooby- so ive been more like 10-2 in my last dominions games)

Edit: Im not just being lazy and not trying to improve myself- i'm read/reading Sauron's Guide and Nekrogen's guide to try and get better.

urmamasllama

12-14-2012

get on the dominatedominion ingame chat plenty of people there that can help you

Lux Eternus

12-14-2012

Yeah- i saw many people post about this chat room- unfortunately the servers are down (and im not sure what's *reliable* information in these parts.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

there are plenty of guides man i'll link them to you

For starters take a stroll through Nekrogen's guide, it assumes you are completely new to Dominion and it has useful basic concepts even for veteran players:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=17877990
play a little with to grasp basic concepts and champion picks, once you feel comfortable enough, check Sauron's guide, it has more advanced concepts and a lot of other bonuses (like which chracters can jump which walls and a number of character's and item's tier lists): http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

as a forenote the builds may be a little outdated but that's because they are S2 builds that were created before s3 item overhaul struck, however be sure to regularly check back both guides since both players update them

Have a good read and Welcome to Dominion!!!

FOODFOOD

12-14-2012

Also, if you have any basic questions, or want tips on any champs, feel free to post a new thread. This isn't GD where you could make a thread and 2 seconds later it's on the 3rd page. A lot of the people that write the guides and are in the DD chat are also on the forums. We'd be happy to help

But for general tips and tricks, Nekrogen & Sauron's guides are about as good as it gets. And they're damn good.

Lux Eternus

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
there are plenty of guides man i'll link them to you

For starters take a stroll through Nekrogen's guide, it assumes you are completely new to Dominion and it has useful basic concepts even for veteran players:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=17877990
play a little with to grasp basic concepts and champion picks, once you feel comfortable enough, check Sauron's guide, it has more advanced concepts and a lot of other bonuses (like which chracters can jump which walls and a number of character's and item's tier lists): http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

as a forenote the builds may be a little outdated but that's because they are S2 builds that were created before s3 item overhaul struck, however be sure to regularly check back both guides since both players update them

Have a good read and Welcome to Dominion!!!
Hey Infric, thanks for replying. As i said in my OP i've already read those guides,

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Edit: Im not just being lazy and not trying to improve myself- i'm read/reading Sauron's Guide and Nekrogen's guide to try and get better.
I also read one about itemisation, champions, and one about dying. Haha, i found that last one extremely amusing- simply because i can understand where it is coming from.

edit i actually didn't realise how much thought goes into dominion. I'm scared to try and get any better- the thing i love about dominion is the relaxed behaviour- im scared of it falling into a summoners rift catergory in my mind where i have to think about constant champ picks/bans. I love it for what it is though.

Quote:
Also, if you have any basic questions, or want tips on any champs, feel free to post a new thread. This isn't GD where you could make a thread and 2 seconds later it's on the 3rd page. A lot of the people that write the guides and are in the DD chat are also on the forums. We'd be happy to help

But for general tips and tricks, Nekrogen & Sauron's guides are about as good as it gets. And they're damn good.
They are more than good. They were amazing. The advanced tactics in Sauron's Guide just made me cry that someone could actually mentally process all that thought- and then proceed to explain it in simple terms. I learnt so much in so little time. A hundred games of knowleadge in the space of 30 minutes. Incredible.

Fabs457

12-14-2012

Yeah, I also highly recommend Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Guide. He maintains it often and from personal experience it is very accurate in terms of what to expect as far as champ and item tiers goes. A lot of players on these forums also talk a lot in the DominateDominion chatroom (set it as auto-join!), and are pretty friendly as far as responding to questions and stuff goes

FOODFOOD

12-14-2012

Someone needs to make a guide that details what works in each elo bracket. Obviously, we can't see our ELO, but you can generally judge which bracket you're in by your teammates and opponents. It takes a different gameplay style to carry in each bracket.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
Someone needs to make a guide that details what works in each elo bracket. Obviously, we can't see our ELO, but you can generally judge which bracket you're in by your teammates and opponents. It takes a different gameplay style to carry in each bracket.
finally, when i started playing DOminion i obeyed ranked rule 1: " the fact that you can counter something doesn't mean your whole team is able to do it, so it's better to ban something you think they won't be able to handle particularly if theya re telling you than to leave it open just because is a weak pick at high elo or pubstomper" i facepalmed every time someone didn't ban Garen at low elo draft pick and procceeded to get facestomped by him....i even opened a thread about it, and it got downvoted to hell :S but with draft dead you can pretty much skip it now.

it's like banning shen on Sr, of course he's tanky and has a gamebraking ultimate but sometimes just sometimes you just don't want a shaco in low Elo because there's a really high possibility than enemy shen will never use his ultimate and is just using the guy just because everyone says he's op/gamechanging

FOODFOOD

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
there's a really high possibility than enemy shen will never use his ultimate and is just using the guy just because everyone says he's op/gamechanging
This omg this so much and so hard. I've had that Shen on my team. Multiple times.

But I'm glad someone agrees. Winning at beginner elo, while it may be easy for some mega high elo dudes, is way different. You can't just get into Dominion, read Sauron's guide, and carry all your games (though it'll certainly help).