Corki, Wheres the love?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holiday Sauce

10-13-2010

To my understanding corki is a underrated and underplayed champion, but why is this he is a beast of a champion to play.

My item build:
Bloodthirster
Boots(depends on game)
Banshees(or other defensive item)
game usually ends but IF or another bloodthirster
Starks Or Phantom
Phantom or starks

this usually gets me a good game everytime. he has a nice escape/chasing ability and has very long range in his ulty.

So my questions are why does nobody play him and is my build good or could it be better?

Redenbacher

10-13-2010

No body plays him because:
A) He still has a lasting bad 'stigma' from before his recent buffs.
B) He's incredibly team dependent, and doesn't fit in to every team comp. He has no CC with the exception of his 35% blind, which doesn't really control anything except help survive auto-attacks. He also needs middle, and jungle buffs frequently.
C) He is a challenging champ to play, and requires far more than 'right click and mash buttons'.

That's not to say he's a bad champion, he's fantastic - but he's just not for everyone. Kind of like Tarantino movies...

Nightdancer ND

10-13-2010

If you build him pure AD, then take an other hero like Ash. She does this kind of right_click_damage better.
Yes, his auto attacks should do damage, but your other abilites, such as your Q and R needs also items to do more damage. => Nashor's, Rageblade and such. Your ult is to it's reach VERY strong/important in the late game!

Mineomancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdancer ND View Post
If you build him pure AD, then take an other hero like Ash. She does this kind of right_click_damage better.
Yes, his auto attacks should do damage, but your other abilites, such as your Q and R needs also items to do more damage. => Nashor's, Rageblade and such. Your ult is to it's reach VERY strong/important in the late game!
This...

....is silly. Build pure AD or go home.

Holiday Sauce

10-13-2010

I feel going ap or hybrid makes him fall short because now you have to get closer if you want to hit with your q and w, while r being your only long range attack to use with ap. Atleast ad can auto attack farther

xahhfink6

10-13-2010

Quote:
1v1 ashe does about 1/3 the damage that corki does... and corki hits AOE

Nightdancer ND

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineomancer View Post
This...

....is silly. Build pure AD or go home.
Then you can play a different hero that benefits more from his abiblities and also don't cost silly 6300 IP.

Carados

10-13-2010

Quote:
Except, you know, she doesn't, and deals miles less damage then AD Corki assuming the same build.

Ryth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Really serach for a guide I read like 2 days ago ... its awesome, it works ... BUT NOT ALWAYS, so if you try to pick him and try to do the things it says there, WITHOUT any CC, well you are done and of course people are going to report you or something lol