Liandry's Torment Calculations?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by danorth the sly View Post
lol. just lol. scales harder vs tankyier people. yea. and more hp means mor hp regen. and the hp regen item gives res in itself. if you have aot of hp. its only going to do alot of dmg originally. then do considerably less dmg. and each refresh is for diminished effect.
Are you expecting the item to kill people singlehandedly?

I'm having a hard time not belittling you.

danorth the sly

01-01-2013

i mean to say its not op. but rather up against tanks.

TheOneMillion

01-01-2013

This has been answered before. It calculates on a PER tick basis (as in, every 0.5 seconds, it deals .83/1.66% of their CURRENT health). Same as Fizzes passive. It also checks to see if they are slowed on a per tick basis. So it doesnt matter if you slam em with spells quickly or get hit once. It all calculates the same.

Storminbunny

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mptylord View Post
The only issue I can see is that you've failed to take into account the fact Liandry deals double damage against movement-impaired enemies... and Miasma applies a slow. ^_^
Actually he did count for the slow. If Ahri was at 1053.759 and he wasn't counting the slow the damage would be 52.68795 from the DoT instead of the 105.375 he counted. I also think that one thing people seem to not notice or just don't mention it is that health regen can also regenerate some of the damage Liandry's does especially the lower their health gets.

NA Rukhron

01-30-2013

That's when you...
Buy Xerath
Buy Scorched Earth Xerath
Solo Queue
Ask Mid
Pick Xerath
Pick Scorched Earth as Skin
Enter Game
Buy Initial Itens
Go Lane
Farm
Go Base for Regen and Buying
Ask yourself: "What should I buy"
Look at Scorched Earth Xerath
Think: "Oh god, the burning effect of Lyandry would look awesome with it"
Buy your Lyandry
Go Back Lane
Out Range by far and poke enemies without any retribution (Checkpoint)
Watch them wither and not farm
Keeps farming while enemy keep going back to base
Outfarm enemy
Finally go base and returns with absurd gold-worthy power difference.
Overpower enemy with Chains + Barrage + Pulse + Barrage (use left over Barrage to farm) from 800 range.
Repeat from Checkpoint (Until Outside effects break the loop)
Proceed to use you overfarm, overkill, overfed, overrange, overpower to win the game
Beat the villain, get the girl, and the last scene with last witty statement before credits.

Check it out on Brand for free 6.5 seconds Lyandry for double %Health damage rampage!!
Melt their health with 1st level spells!
Pick up a Rylai for maximum douchbagness!
Morellonomicon to SPREAD THE PLAGUE!!! \o/
(nothing else is needed, you won by melting an entire team in seconds while consistently slowing it, getting the kills or not)

Other Combos:
Plague-Bearer Tibbers!!
Watch as your teddy bear melts your enemies away (Buy Reverse Annie for maximum realism 'cause Tibbers will be the champ)
Venomfire (is it the D&D overpower druid spell name, cause this is just the same)
Watch them burn to death as your poison consumes flat and percentage damage ignoring a good chunk of MR (Available for Singed, Cassiopeia and Teemo).
Grilled Beef with hot sauce
Put some spicyness on your beefy Mundo and Bacon(Sejuani) with this ultimate Shenaningam. Watch as their lesser beefiness burn into unedible pieces of charred meat while they couldn't even bear to eat half of your tasty, tasty ribs.
AND I SET FIIIIIIRE TO THE RAIN
Watch them burn and cast Starcall again! (should I menion how Strong the no-cost Infuse can be for poking?)
Cheat Storm
Seriously, Chaos Storm (Viktor) will melt their gravity-pinned faces.
The Ground is Lava
Help your enemies remember their childhood with ground based spells (special mention for Anivia, the Frostfire Phoenix)
Not Fair
Ever thought about how unfair this can be on Mordekaiser - Do the math.
Crimson Hell
It's Health, AP, MPen and Crimson Pact for pure power burning their health away (And Rylai was core anyway)
The Cemetery's Garden
'Cause no one is gonna leave the reach of your plants again with Rylai,Lyandry,Morello this ultimate botanic hell, available for Zyra and "Plants vs Zombies"
It's a twofold plague
Pick Malzahar and bring hordes of voidrats to eat away the voidflu infected. You can even vomit plague on their face (it's so shocking they won't even move).

and much, much more!

call 555-5555 now and we'll grant you a free pack of weight reducing pills!

Draconic74

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Rukhron View Post
-snip-

It's a twofold plague
Pick Malzahar and bring hordes of voidrats to eat away the voidflu infected. You can even vomit plague on their face (it's so shocking they won't even move).

-snip-

When Liandry's came out I did the math on a full-combo level 6 and 11 Malzahar, assuming he levels R>E>Q>W and combos them in reverse of that order (I removed Q from the calculation though, as it is not always used) and what a standard opponent might have in terms of HP at those levels. MR was ignored because the raw damage value is easier to deal with. The extra damage from LT was pretty subpar.

It has changed quite a bit, and I should probably do a recalculation. Also, I did not think of it before, but perhaps each tick of damage resets the duration, at that instant. If you damage fast enough (Malz would) you could potentially reset them before they actually work, much like that old bug with Teemo. Another factor might be Null Zone. It deals high % damage, so losing huge percentages of HP contributes to a huge decrease in LTs effectiveness, much faster than poke would. Deathfire active would probably do a lot more overall. Weird... He is a high DoT dealer that is better with AP assassin items.

Wow. I must be really bored to type that much on an old subject.