I wrote the first chapter to a Varus x Zyra fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NautiusVitaria

08-08-2013

Here it is!:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9570326/...ed-with-Blight

I'm playing the dynamic that Varus is a human overtaken with cursed magic, and is trying to deal with that part of himself, while Zyra is a plant that overtaken a human. So they are both similar and different from each other and both have a flawed understanding of each other (and perhaps themselves) but eventually learn and change their impressions.

I have the second chapter done, and I'm moving onto the third.(just haven't published it yet because I wanna proofread etc.) I have not written in a very long time (and I don't really write that much to begin with, I'm just a noob D so there are bits and pieces that can be improved. Let me know what you think!

NautiusVitaria

08-13-2013

Second and third chapter is up!

NautiusVitaria

08-13-2013

Seeing as other people post their stories straight into the post, so shall I.

Chapter one

Few places in all of Runeterra could enemies and allies alike gather, and bloodshed does not quickly eventuate. On August 13 22 CLE the Institute of War called forth a mandatory meeting to all champions of the League. A new distinguished member of the League of Legends, they announced. The general hall this morning, unlike most, was filled with champions. Some smiled gleefully, excited for the newcomer. Others with disgust, of having to be in the same proximity as those they'd rather behead. Sitting considerably far from the rest was a man with silver locks tucked in a simple tail behind him, his arms and legs gleaming of mysteriously dark amethyst. Varus watched quietly at the crowd, his bow gleaming at the sight of Noxian generals across the hall. It yearns to slither out of his wrist into combat, its blood thirst raving, but Varus resisted. He knew the penalty of misconduct.

Varus calmly surveyed the crowd as they settle down in their seats. It has been several months since he joined the league, and progress has been made in his search for the Noxians responsible for ending the lives of his family. Yet the more victims he took, the more he, or rather his curse, hungered for bloodshed. The curling screams of his victims haunts his sleepless nights, and even now as he sits stiffly on the back few rows of the stadium seats, eviscerated bodies with shrieked faces flushes through his consciousness and he cringes.

He knew it was only a matter of time before the caliginosity that burns away at his limbs consumes him entirely.

The stadium hushed as the High Council enters. The middle one stepped forward and spoke with a booming, clear voice.

"Greetings, Champions. I trust you are all well prepared for today's battles. This morning we are all here to welcome our newest member of the League. She is a reputable, powerful sorceress from the Jumungu Jungle that wields the blades of nature at her fingertips. Ladies and Gentlemen, Yordles and Beasts, I present to you: Zyra."

The crowd turns to look as a delicate, yet sure-footed figure stepped into the sunlight. The leaves and flowers of exotic flora adorned the entirety of her being, while vines bestrewn with thorns slithered from her shoulders down to her fingertips. Varus watched carefully as her lips unfurled into a smile before unleashing a roar of maniacal laughter. Human. Yes, she is. And yet she carries with her the air of a rampant beast fresh from the wilderness.

A savage.

No. Perhaps a cursed savage.

Varus wondered if the sorceress before him embodied the fate he faced. He unconsciously gripped the caliginous growth writhing up his arms as he lingered on the thought.

A flicker of green and red brought Varus back into the present. Zyra graces the stage with a bow as the High Council steps back into the shadows. She poised one arm into the air and suddenly an assortment of sprouting bulbs emerged from the dusty ground. They seemed to each be about the size of a head; its outer leaves resembled the brilliant shells of beetles, and yet appeared supple, etched with veins and pulsed gently as if to carry a heartbeat. A pause. Then with one swift motion the sorceress cast her arm down and a frenzy of nature exploded onto the scene. From every bulb a vigorous stalky growth ruptured through its budding leaves and out into the sunlight, swarming over the barren ground and slithering over every bare surface. The crowd stiffened a little as everyone looked up to the overgrowth suspended above them, the blades of leaves poised at the audience's necks while the barbed flowers unsheathed their petals and hissed. Then without warning, the plants hastily withdrew back into their unassuming bulbs, and then withered into dust, all within a blink of an eye.

All around the stadium a resounding applause was heard. Zyra grinned as she proudly held her graceful posture in tribute to her electrified audience. The previously twitching swarm of darkness that plagued the Ionian's limbs suddenly hushed its chaotic movements. Varus rarely did so, but just this once he allowed himself a smirk in appreciation for the plant sorceress' dark humor, his lips ached as they reached into the unfamiliar corners of his cheeks.

NautiusVitaria

08-13-2013

Chapter Two

A tiny creature draped in a velvet purple cloak shuffles quietly across the dim-lit hallways. The surrounding walls, engraved with scenes of the battlegrounds, danced slowly in soft hues of blue, then purple, then blue again as the cloaked figure scurries from corridor to corridor. Suddenly, it halts its frantic scuttle, and slowly approaches a dark maroon door. A tiny hand reaches from behind its cloak and knocks on the heavily embellished wood. The figure waits. Slowly the door opens and a soft purple glow shines from within the champion's abode, welcoming its visitor, who silently enters and closes the door behind it.

Nighttime is often quiet at the summoning grounds. While most champions do not permanently reside near the Fields of Justice, members of the League who wish to stay for a while are granted spacious accommodation. A Champion's dwelling is often adorned with immaculately polished shields and crystalline glass, furnished simplistically with a bed, a pantry, a wardrobe for equipment, and a countertop. Varus' pantry has never been touched; it is empty, save for the thin layer of dust that has accumulated. He has long since lost his appetite and his thirst for normal human sustenance.

The forsaken Ionian watched his door creak open to allow a tiny creature of darkness cloaked in purple into his room. He watched the minion shuffle clumsily across the floor. It removed its hood and bowed.

"The Noxian brothers are indeed, on the grounds tonight sir." The minion whispered.

"Hmm." Varus murmured. "What have you observed?"

"Draven was at Darius' place when I entered to serve their drinks. Various scrolls and books lay in disarray upon tables and the floor. Their weapons were sheathed by their sides, and they were dressed comfortably. The duo seemed to be at ease."

Varus deliberated for a moment before he spoke. "Were you able to pick up what they were conversing?"

"They sound vaguely like battle plans, but whether they were merely discussing tactics to be used on the grounds, or the next step of Noxian colonization, I was not sure."

"Were you able to imprint the lock?"

"Yes, from the outside, sir."

"Well done. Your services are no longer needed."

Varus reached out his hand. The minion gagged and heaved mildly as he was released from his restraint. From the neck of the seemingly formless darkness inside the purple cloak, a dark amethyst tendril unwound and travelled onto his outstretched palm, slithering back into the murky darkness in his arms. As if awoken from a dream, the purple caster's body suddenly bolted upright and started to shiver, confused as to What on Valoran its doing in a Champion's room. It panicked, glancing side to side from within his cloak in realization of his strange surroundings, before turning back to face a blighted bow priming a blighted arrow: A tongue of death.

But Varus did not fire. Violence of any kind was strictly prohibited at the living quarters of champions. The blow reluctantly retracted itself back into his gauntlet-like arms. He clenched his fists, glaring coldly into the eyes of the minion as it frantically apologized and excused itself out from the room.

The door shut with a hollow thud. Varus stood up and drifted to his window to check the time. First watch has just past. Those filthy Noxian dogs should be leaving for their supper soon; he had to move quickly.

For a long time, the cursed liquid that stains his body would aggressively reject any sort of fabric Varus tries to put on himself, violently writhing and tearing away at sleeves or trousers. Blistering pain would scream through his arms and calves, reminding him once more that these dark, jaded extremities move as if they were his, strike as if they were his, burned with agony as if they were his, but were clearly, not his. His vile curse seemed to tolerate the warden armour he once wore, however; they too, were etched with the Owl's enchantment symbols. The inner garments are all he wears now, but only in his own private surroundings. Gold and silver silk embroidered on cream white linen drapes past his torso and cuffs around his ankles. Donning on such a relic does not make him any less of a creature, but it offers him salvage to his humanity.

He strips of them now, however, and equips himself in something less conspicuous under the evening stars. Departing from his abode, Varus carefully sealed the latch on his door, and made his way towards the Noxian living quarters.

Multitudinous flora careens the footpaths in the gardens that partitions each living quarter. From within the thicket that borders these ivory walls, a horde of thick, twisting vines creep slowly up the smooth surfaces, reaching into unlocked windows. The wild tendrils creep cleverly within shadows and corners, and caress the surfaces observed as it does. A single tendril touches and wraps around a tiny locket of silver hair found among velvet sheets. Upon contact, the silver hairs fade to brown as dark purple bleeds onto its prodding invader. As if ignited with a scorching flame the tendril recoils sharply and twitches wildly as it attempts to shake off its plague, collapsing into dust. But the wild growth remains determined. Without hesitation, another nearby tendril coils around the brown locket of hair before quickly slipping out of the room and down back the ivory walls.

NautiusVitaria

08-13-2013

Chapter Three

Tonight, the bastard dines.

Good.

Varus peeled away from the window and hopped off the ledge. The delectable aromas of a scrumptious roast drifted in the thick air surrounding the Dining Hall. He has long since forgotten the pleasure of food or drink, no matter how tantalizing. He has long since forgotten the last time he's savored a meal.

No matter.

Revenge has always been a sweeter dish.

Varus moved swiftly through the shadows, watching and listening carefully for any soul that would find him trespassing the Noxian living quarters. When he found the Noxian General's room, he retched out a tendril that probed the lock on the hefty door. Varus held his breath as it twitched and turned, forged itself into a strange key shape, and slipped effortlessly into the lock.

A dull click resounded throughout the heavy wood. Varus breathed a sigh of relief as he entered the room and locked the door behind him.

The scrolls on the floor seem to be scattered in some chaotic yet orderly fashion. Mostly maps, however. As expected, a general of his stature was careful with where he kept more valuable documents. The jagged curse on his arms flickered as he surveyed every surface.

He spotted strange notch was found in the corner of the back wall. Varus gingerly maneuvered around the mess of papers to the back corner, keeping the ground as undisturbed as he could. He fingered round the edge of the tile for an unnatural protrusion, for he was sure Darius could not have made something too intricate for a Noxian's blunt fingers to open. He curled his fingers underneath the cornerstone and tugged revealing a sturdy wooden compartment. A cold draft blew in gently over the Ionian's head as he crouched over the bundle of parchments uncovered from the compartment.

So the general does keep a record of the High Command's orders wherever he is after all. He thumbed through the papers looking for places and names. Since the Ionian and Noxus Rematch years ago, the League has granted Ionia great protection from any further Noxus invasions. On the day of that Rematch however, Noxus saw perfect opportunity within the chaos to invade a few, small south-east villages of Ionia. Varus never knew why they did something so rash while both Ionia and Noxus were under direct eyes of the League's judgement, only that all he held dear was lost in consequence.

He knew that amongst the many Noxian heads he has taken that day, the General responsible for the attack remains alive, having fled like a dog between his legs. His name was unrecoverable from the bodies that Varus has slain.

And his name was not here among the parchments either.

Damn it all to hell.

Varus' frustration turned to anger, and then to rage. Before he know it, visions of agonizing death erupted through his consciousness. Bodies stacked to the sky as their noxian blood poured down onto steel and leather, the sky soaked crimson red. He felt arrows of blight piercing so easily through their flesh as they left his hand. The thirst has returned.

Teach the dogs agonizing death.

Not again.

The Pallus was grasping for his consciousness and he knew it. He gripped his head as the room swirled slowly into darkness.

Your petty time spent searching could be used to purge the guilty

Despicable thoughts, and yet so tempting. Varus stood up in an attempt to clear his mind. He will not allow himself to be taken while in the room of one of Noxus' most powerful generals.

A tinge of red and green, so out of place, abruptly pierced into his consciousness. His mind suddenly cleared. On the window sill?

Varus peered at the strange wild growth that he realized swarmed the entirety of the window ledge. In a shadowy corner of that window, a red unopened bud sits in the pale moonlight.

Zyra?

Unsure fingers caressed the leaves surrounding the scarlet blossom. Its inner petals fluttered as it pulsed steadily in his gentle grasp.

Suddenly, Varus heard a gruff voice and heavy footsteps approach from the corridor outside. In a flash, the blossom retracted away into a vine that slipped off and down the outer walls. That was rather fast for a supper's feast. He quickly replaced the parchments and sealed the cornerstone back into the wall. The wild growth quickly started to retract from the window. Wasting no time, Varus leaped onto the edge and grabbed hold of the vines as they slithered down the walls. He landed with a muffled thump into a thorny rose shrub. From above, the Ionian listened -as he lay crumpled but hidden in the thicket- to the Noxian general as he entered his room with crude footsteps, trampling over paper books and scrolls. A faint, brusque voice grumbled something about messy chambers and tiresome advisors. Then a yawn, and a bed's creaked as it held itself against heavy weight.

Varus relaxed. Quietly, he released himself from the brambles that caught his fall. From the corner of his eye, he watched the vines retract into the nearby forest.

Against his better judgement, he picked himself off the ground and followed.

Darius bent forward from his seated position on his bed and frowned as he peered at his notched cornerstone. The dust surrounding it seems fresh. He also did not remember opening his windows as wide as they are now.

He stood up from the bed and approached the window ledge, swiping his hand over it. Soil.

A trespasser.

What a coward to be climbing ledges and not confronting me face to face, he mused. But if they should expose themselves again, their gutlessness will be punished with my judgement.

LaNocheFuria

08-20-2013

Bump!

Peffern

08-25-2013

Two of my favorite characters!

IPlayChampions

01-02-2014

This is very nice.

Did you quit this story? There hasn't been an update in a while.

geogio13

01-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinKrs13HG View Post
This is very nice.

Did you quit this story? There hasn't been an update in a while.
Don't talk when you gave us that Varus x LeBlanc story and then just quit. I still want you to finish that. Also, since LeBlanc can change a person's physical form, couldn't the problem that you spoke of be solved?

IPlayChampions

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogio13 View Post
Don't talk when you gave us that Varus x LeBlanc story and then just quit. I still want you to finish that. Also, since LeBlanc can change a person's physical form, couldn't the problem that you spoke of be solved?
Oh wow. I didn't know so many people were reading that.

Funny thing is, I quit because I realized that people wrote Varus better. I screwed his personality up totally. And mostly because Varus x Zyra is a better pairing.

I will probably write another Varus fanfic. He's my main guy.