Dr.Mundo more viable in SR or TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Positive MD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-13-2010

I've heard that he is more viable in Twisted Treeline rather than Summoner' Reach, but why?
How would Mundo be more viable for TT rather than SR?

Daikaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Cleaver to check bushes. He's also a tough champion that can regenerate life as an ult to give him an edge in team fights. His cleaver does magic damage based on a % of the enemies life, this is useful since TT is mostly played by tanky champs so he doesn't need to focus on damage dealing items to get the job done. Also, his cleaver makes him a great chaser given the low cooldown which allows you to spam it and the slow effect to prevent your foe from running away. Hope that help.

SomniumProxy

10-13-2010

Gameplay on TT is different. Strategies are different. In order to be effective, you need a team that can jungle fast, fight at low summoner levels, have a lot of mobility and CC as well. Games end fast and often you don't have as much gear as a late game on SR. Thus Mundo is a lot stronger - He is an insane early game monster - with cleaver that can be spammed, slows and deals very good damage. With masochism, that makes him one of the best DPS on level 2. With his W which protects him from CC. And his ult that allows him to chase and run away if needed.

TT is a lot about early game. Mundo excells at all possible requiremenets. He is a perfect jungler, hard to kill, good DPS, can harass, and is very mobile. Normally on SR late game he looses his shine due to other fed champions that beat him, but on TT it's just a huge early game. You will see end game items in less than 1% of the games. And Mundo is one of the best early game choices.

Frag Pulf

10-13-2010

To bring down to the basics:

TT is all about three major things:

Health Regen/Health
Getting and getting out with low health
CC/Ganks

This is why, as previously stated, tanks dominated TT. Mundo has great health regen, health, CC, and has a great escape mechanism. It's not that he is bad on SR, he just shines on TT.

That's just the boiled down version of what's above me.

Gaimcap

10-13-2010

I haven't played TT in a VERY long time (I think it was released in like February? that's when I last played it...) so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I remember, to continue on what SomniumProxy was saying, the reason games are so short is that towers(unless they seriously buffed the **** out of them) are MUCH weaker than those on SR. Combined with the fact the map is much smaller, that there are only 3 people on the map, and that there are only 2 lanes, pushes are able to happen much faster, and much earlier; resulting in games that end in a shorter time. Unattended a hero such as Mundo could probably easily down the first tower with his AoE and auto-attack at level 4.

Momentum shifts are also more absolute on TT. On SR if you Ace a team from the 2nd tower, you might get the Inhibitor + a nexus tower to half, but on TT, if the same happens you might just get GG. This further adds to the survivability/regen that Frag mentioned being useful.