-[Champion Concept]- Tive, The Victim of Rage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brush Rustler

12-25-2012

xNevaRaveNx

12-25-2012

To be completely honest, the concept seems kind of weak. There's no real focus to his abilities, and he has no crowd control. Everything he is is flat damage. You need to think long and hard about what's going to set your champion apart from every other champion of the same role, as well as every other champion in the league. Also, I would recommend you not make all of his abilities scale off of AD. Even changing the scaling of some of his abilities would make him more interesting.

Think about Elise. Only two things change in her Q between her human form and her spider form: the range, and the scaling. While the range does make the ability feel quite different, it's the scaling that changes the ability's "identity". By making it scale off her target's max health, rather than their current health, it changes the ability's purpose.

The main issue with your champion is that aside from dealing damage, your abilities have no purpose, aside from dealing damage. He needs a bit of a rework, to say the least.

Also, I would try and rethink the character a little bit more. Right now he seems like Brand, but with a sword. Why did he want to make his father proud? Why did the father leave his homeland? Why did he feel compelled to take the sword, even after his task was completed, and he had proven himself to his father?

Not only that, but you should try and make him fit better into the League lore in general. Interaction with characters we're familiar with, and have played many times will enrich the overall feel of your character, and help flesh them out as a person, rather than just a guy who picked up a sword and got strong.

Hope this helped! Will upvote for effort!

Brush Rustler

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNevaRaveNx View Post
To be completely honest, the concept seems kind of weak. There's no real focus to his abilities, and he has no crowd control. Everything he is is flat damage. You need to think long and hard about what's going to set your champion apart from every other champion of the same role, as well as every other champion in the league. Also, I would recommend you not make all of his abilities scale off of AD. Even changing the scaling of some of his abilities would make him more interesting.

Think about Elise. Only two things change in her Q between her human form and her spider form: the range, and the scaling. While the range does make the ability feel quite different, it's the scaling that changes the ability's "identity". By making it scale off her target's max health, rather than their current health, it changes the ability's purpose.

The main issue with your champion is that aside from dealing damage, your abilities have no purpose, aside from dealing damage. He needs a bit of a rework, to say the least.

Also, I would try and rethink the character a little bit more. Right now he seems like Brand, but with a sword. Why did he want to make his father proud? Why did the father leave his homeland? Why did he feel compelled to take the sword, even after his task was completed, and he had proven himself to his father?

Not only that, but you should try and make him fit better into the League lore in general. Interaction with characters we're familiar with, and have played many times will enrich the overall feel of your character, and help flesh them out as a person, rather than just a guy who picked up a sword and got strong.

Hope this helped! Will upvote for effort!
Thanks for the constructive critisism, i admire that, and that is why this is a new concept, still working on it. I will rework some things over, most of these things just popped out of my head.