Diana Nerf - A bit drastic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcade Charlie

12-15-2012

Q: i am fine with it i thought her damage was op

W: really why? It was fine why nerf something thats already ok (its like turning surgar free iceream into flavorless ice cream)

E: this was already hard to use when your opponent flashes or shunpos (this is like getting kicked in the nuts from when people had a chance at laughing in your face for missing)

R: smaller range than q? So escape will be harder when using jung as the plan (so you change this and not nerf garens troll face r okay i fail to see your logic)

i know some of you are like hahaha he is mad cause he cant be op, well i was a very usefull diana because of my skills and beacuase i can deal tons of damage, i am fine with the the damage nerf, but you should either nerf the damage or reduce range, not both!, usually when range is shortend you buff damage(vice versa) or you make a better kit...this is just my experiance of buff/nerfs since season one

Tldr: 1. i didnt play diana for the damage i played her for the fun kit
2. Usually if damage is nerfed range is not changed unless its buffed

Thank you for reading,
Sincerely, charlie^^

SeiYouSiLa

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIlIlIlIllII View Post
EDIT: Apparently the Cascade nerf makes it so you have to walk behind a person or near a person to hit them, since it has less range then your auto-attack. It would be great if someone could confirm this myth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I have confirmed this myself, right now if you decide to auto attack someone without moving right next to them the orbs won't go off, her pale cascade radius is now smaller than her auto-attack (melee) range

SeiYouSiLa

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Logos View Post
If this is true then remove her ability to instakill squishies, bruisers do not get to do assassin levels of damage, that's broken.

Assassin's are characterized by being squishy high damage units that get in, kill their target, and either get out or die. Diana has assassin level damage while not having to actually leave the fight. That is why she is such a problem so many mids... and indeed for pretty much every lane. I can't actually think of a champ that can actually BEAT her in lane. Go even, sure... prevent her from getting fed, sure... but nobody beats her due to her shield and high ratios/low mana costs that allow her to farm safely.

As I stated in another thread complaining about these nerfs, Diana will be no different. People who know how to position themselves will not be effected by the ult change, and if it really does bother you that much, you can buy a Rylai's to allow you to close the distance when you land a Q.
you clearly don't play Diana, her "low mana cost"? I would like to see you spamming your abilities in early game and not get destroyed. And so just because a fighter can take out squishy champs means she must be nerfed to the bone? Is Veigar an assassin? No, can he insta-give champs? Yes.
You clearly ahve no idea what you're talking about and probrably one of those who can't handle a good Diana player outplaying them

btw Diana does have counters just like every other champion in the game

smokebaca

12-15-2012

I personally do not own diana but i do main mid in ranked
that being said i think the nerf to diana was completely uncalled for she was already nerfed a long time ago and she was perfect in my eyes..... It isn't like she was winning 60% of games she was around 51-3% the only reason i feel like they nerfed her was because of her touny play which was great but not nerf worthy I think they should recall all the changed and maybe just reduce her ap ratios a little if anything

SeiYouSiLa

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAUGHTERHOUSEqq View Post
Do it, quit. If you can't suck it up and use her skillfully or use a different champ(100+ champs and you'll only play the most OP?) then i'm sorry, but maybe WoW is for you.
Hey everyone I found a QQ overhere, it is confirmed that this little noob has been losing against a decent Diana his/her entire life

Jesus the Friend

12-15-2012

She's still really good.

QQ more baddies.

If you didn't see a nerf coming, you are super bad.

I Will Decimate

12-15-2012

bump

RockJockey

12-16-2012

Uncalled for nerfs, especially on her ultimate

BobbyOvsky

12-16-2012

Made a quick video about some really stupid stuuf with this nerf, see right here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=UyPmiJ6SQBQ

In breaf for those who dont want to bother looking:

1/Q has less range that R, making it impossible to combo. Enemy hit by Q, unless they are dumb, will step back making it impossible to use R unless you flash + R

2/ Diana's E activation area is now shorter than her auto attack range !! So if you are max range auto attack, her E doesnt work...

3/Diana can no longer reach the drake with Q+R combo

Obviously this nerf is more like a panic fix after IPL5 rather than a long though balancing of her abilities.

This is like taking leona's R, and make the stun/slow long enough to afterward land an E. The combo just doesnt work.... Good job Riot.

Godly6R

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeiYouSiLa View Post
Yes, I have confirmed this myself, right now if you decide to auto attack someone without moving right next to them the orbs won't go off, her pale cascade radius is now smaller than her auto-attack (melee) range
lol but so true
Her ultimate was already lackluster and now it's not even a decent gapcloser. Moonfall is now nearly melee range. What's the point of having a pull if it can't pull anything that is not one step away? Also she was never uncounterable: Mordekaiser, Ryze, Swain, Galio, Cho'Gath and even Heimerdinger could faceroll her. Finally, being melee, she has a great disadvantage in lane and the only way to account for that was a decent burst which could punish ranged opponents just like Gragas does (even though she doesn't have his sustain). Good luck trying to land a full combo after these nerfs, esp when melees can attack you wothout detonating the already slow orbs. She needed a nerf on her damage output but to nerf her range is to destroy her kit which consists( consisted) of fluid combos. I believe they just nerfed her without actually testing the effects of the nefrs or even thinking about their impact.