Diana Nerf - A bit drastic

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alwrath

12-14-2012

Diana is a freakin joke now. Completely ruined character. Im seriously considering uninstalling league at this point, I really just dont feel it anymore. The nerf team ruined my favorite character. I dont even feel like playing anymore.

MigZm

12-14-2012

I agree Diana's ult range nerf was a bit too drastic... She can't even Lunar Rush to Baron anymore...

Spearmints

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

so here me out for this part:
Diana is a mele mage assassin that utilizes her skills to (if you lane a Q) dash herself into a fight. As such she has a shield to live longer after dashing, and a pull to keep your enemies there for a second or 2.
Mages have range..... take away that and you have.... uselessness? Diana was melee to start but had nice range skills. Now she is a joke. She used to counter katarina hard, but I played Kat today and destroyed the dianas I faced. They never pulled me with their e aside from when I was ulting, because the diana e range is too small. I can EASILY shumpo out of range of her ult now with a ward so no fear there.

--------------------------------------------
there has been no change in this game that has made me so sad. first they "nerf" her skin itself.... which almost made me refund the skin. NOW they nerf her so far into the ground riot will probably tell me she is too dirty to refund.

Q... damage nerf.... I knew that was coming..... ok fine.

This is ridiculous. I played her some today and her ult being such a short range literally cant hit anyone, you cant really ult to dragon to escape ( same for baron).

Her shield balls explode range is literally so small that I dashed to an enemy zyra and 2 of them never blew up as I chased her.

Her pull is also so small I need to be close than melee range to get them.... how does that work! OH I can pull the creep wave together to kill them with me w now. OH w probably wont hit all the creeps even then? darn.

Ult - As I said.........

TLDR: Bye Diana. I'm sad. Kat has yet another easy match up.

heavenscreed

12-15-2012

also if you look at the stats, diana didn't even have that high of a win ratio in comparison to most champs. in the last week prior to the patch she had a 52% win ratio. that doesn't even put her into the top ten champions for win ratio, and most of them have been around for a lot longer than she has

Johnny Kaz

12-15-2012

As she is my main champ I have been playing her more. I said in a previous post that all I was concerned about was her shield. However, in playing a couple of matches in all three playing fields I found that I was having to use flash to get over a wall after landing a Q just so I could ult to them and complete a combo. This is SUPER HIGH RISK as now I have no escape mechanism. Her initiation will require a flash now, which again is high risk, so her initiation is ruined unless you are a suicide bomber initiating play style with no intent on surviving the fight.

Her pull back range was not nerfed as I have seen people making comments on, the range is the same, but the ammount of time they spend in the air is like .33 seconds or something where as before if you hit them on the cusp of the ability they'd get popped up and pulled slowly to diana. The new one just instantly takes them to you which is the ONLY reason you will now be able to POTENTIALLY get a second shield proc off.

These nerfs are NOT balanced at all. Not only did she lose a little base damage on Q, now her only viable ability, but each ball has barely any explosion range, not all balls explode 1 v 1 without perfect timing of ulti to dash to the other side of the opponent and perfect timeing of E to pull the opposition into a shere as it rotates round (this is all assuming of course that there are no minions around to absorb a sphere as they radius is so low now it will save your actual target from damage.

Diana getting ganked is so easy now, at least before you could pop sheild, start running and use your E to give them a pop up slow down to increase your chances of survivability.
While Diana will still be good for the jungle, and a decent ganker, I feel her team presense is going to be drastically reduced as she will be forced to put herself in unfavorable situations, she will not be able to reach the carries with ult unless you have flash and know how to land a flash+ Q combo, if you fail it, then your a sitting duck in the middle of an entire team or you can use your ult anyway and get killed by the carry. She will require a more tanky build to even last in a team fight (again reducing her potential damage output) and so far as I see it... AP Ezreal is more viable in mid lane than she is right now... it was a sad day indeed.

It is my beliefe that Riot does not want Diana in a lane, it's the only thing that can justify these nerfs they REALLY hurt the lane Diana, and as for Jungle Di all that was nerfed was the ability to jump onto a dragon or baron over a wall which is a clutch move anyway and not a required ability. She will still be an okay jungler until the team fight thing starts happening, at least if she builds as a tankyish such as an icebound gauntlet and an abysal septer she can be disruptive with a the slowing proc. Her 1 - 5 was pathetic unless your enemy was stupid enough to get out of positioin. But now her 1 - 5 has been nerfed so hard and when you get 6 you can no longer reach your opponent (which was already difficult enough as they would hug the turret and keep you from wanting to ult anyway) so NOW you won't even be able to ware them down and go in (unless you have flash which ruins your escape mechanism)

I'm going to keep playing her, in 3's, dominion, and 5's (normal draft) as I am terrified to bring her in to ranked right now, even though I'd always win my lane, I think my win rate with her is 47%, I expect it could drop lower.
Her ability to win lane, gank other lanes was strong, but her team fighting was always difficult as her damage out put is still characteristic of a mage (cool down driven) requiring you to get in and get out dealing almost exclusively single target damage unless you could position to lane a Q across the entire team and then pick your target (NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE)

Thanks for reading

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazlust View Post
As she is my main champ I have been playing her more. I said in a previous post that all I was concerned about was her shield. However, in playing a couple of matches in all three playing fields I found that I was having to use flash to get over a wall after landing a Q just so I could ult to them and complete a combo. This is SUPER HIGH RISK as now I have no escape mechanism. Her initiation will require a flash now, which again is high risk, so her initiation is ruined unless you are a suicide bomber initiating play style with no intent on surviving the fight.

Her pull back range was not nerfed as I have seen people making comments on, the range is the same, but the ammount of time they spend in the air is like .33 seconds or something where as before if you hit them on the cusp of the ability they'd get popped up and pulled slowly to diana. The new one just instantly takes them to you which is the ONLY reason you will now be able to POTENTIALLY get a second shield proc off.

These nerfs are NOT balanced at all. Not only did she lose a little base damage on Q, now her only viable ability, but each ball has barely any explosion range, not all balls explode 1 v 1 without perfect timing of ulti to dash to the other side of the opponent and perfect timeing of E to pull the opposition into a shere as it rotates round (this is all assuming of course that there are no minions around to absorb a sphere as they radius is so low now it will save your actual target from damage.

Diana getting ganked is so easy now, at least before you could pop sheild, start running and use your E to give them a pop up slow down to increase your chances of survivability.
While Diana will still be good for the jungle, and a decent ganker, I feel her team presense is going to be drastically reduced as she will be forced to put herself in unfavorable situations, she will not be able to reach the carries with ult unless you have flash and know how to land a flash+ Q combo, if you fail it, then your a sitting duck in the middle of an entire team or you can use your ult anyway and get killed by the carry. She will require a more tanky build to even last in a team fight (again reducing her potential damage output) and so far as I see it... AP Ezreal is more viable in mid lane than she is right now... it was a sad day indeed.

It is my beliefe that Riot does not want Diana in a lane, it's the only thing that can justify these nerfs they REALLY hurt the lane Diana, and as for Jungle Di all that was nerfed was the ability to jump onto a dragon or baron over a wall which is a clutch move anyway and not a required ability. She will still be an okay jungler until the team fight thing starts happening, at least if she builds as a tankyish such as an icebound gauntlet and an abysal septer she can be disruptive with a the slowing proc. Her 1 - 5 was pathetic unless your enemy was stupid enough to get out of positioin. But now her 1 - 5 has been nerfed so hard and when you get 6 you can no longer reach your opponent (which was already difficult enough as they would hug the turret and keep you from wanting to ult anyway) so NOW you won't even be able to ware them down and go in (unless you have flash which ruins your escape mechanism)

I'm going to keep playing her, in 3's, dominion, and 5's (normal draft) as I am terrified to bring her in to ranked right now, even though I'd always win my lane, I think my win rate with her is 47%, I expect it could drop lower.
Her ability to win lane, gank other lanes was strong, but her team fighting was always difficult as her damage out put is still characteristic of a mage (cool down driven) requiring you to get in and get out dealing almost exclusively single target damage unless you could position to lane a Q across the entire team and then pick your target (NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE)

Thanks for reading
I have to agree with you on everything but your assessment of her jungling ability. The loss of range on her R and the loss of CC on her E hurt her ganking ability quite a lot. You need utility to help your ganking much of the time. Plus, the loss of damage in her Q and damage potential in her W also affected her ability to gank.

Other than that, well reasoned and well backed argument. +1

Desineos

12-15-2012

I was goin to make a post about this too but thanks for doing this.

I actually just got acquainted with her and love how almost no one can escape her chase. Now with the nerf, not anymore.

1. I think I would agree with the nerf on her crescent strike damage which does a lot of damage per poke (this way her passive become more like her main damage ability).

2. I also think her cascade got nerfed probably due to the desire for making diana more of a melee fighter than semi range. Also this way she can no longer farm minions as quickly as before (therefore, not a pusher of the lane)

3. I think the pure nonesense for me lies within the nerf of moonfall's pulling distance.
First of all, this ability does not have any damage, so its solely an utlity skill that catch stranded champions off his/her team. (now many champions can easily escape if they wanted.)
Due to its previous pulling distance, there is a 2-3sec of pulling animation and this really created a fear factor within diana's oponents.(I think this is why riot wanted nerf, this time lag animation?)
Also the pre-nerf moonfall's pulling distance allow diana players to think and react in time about when to use the ability to pull (but now most people are slow to react in time to able to pull enemies back, ex.me)
I know that there is a slow on this ability, but really I care less about the slow but more on the pull. I think I rather had riot to nerf the slow percentage than pulling distance.
so RIOT PLEASE REVERT THIS NERF.

4. lunar rush nerf was not the most important ability got nerfed for me, because in close quarter combat, it still works as usual and it still function okish as a escape mechanic with Q+R in jungle. I think maybe riot want to decrease diana's mobility to make her more of a melee champ. But I would agree too that this range nerf have severely damaged diana's ability to poke enemies with Q+R+W+PASSIVE comboo.
Also as a player who play diana as a jungler, nerfing LRush and MFall have severely decrease her overall ability to gank properly. (therefore underlevel, or jungle hug => less players engagements)

and to question riot with that last comment, didn't you want players to engage more?

JustMyBassCannon

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taguian View Post
you can really play her as an assasin, and she works pretty well, but that's not the point in here i think... what im really concerned about and worried, is that riot just broke what Diana was supossed to do...some of these nerfs are ok to me, but the pull nerf, and the ult nerf are just stupid, as a Diana player you HAD to make a desicion when engaging, do i either go all in with my ult and pull them to me so i can position the for my team?, or do i wait to land a q correctly so i have more damage output potential, by nerfing the range for her ult and her pull, riot is pretty much taking out the posibility of sacrificing some damage for positioning my enemies for my team,and forcing us, to NEED to land a q firstso we can barely do something, some people might say that this is what you're supposed to be doing as a diana player, but for me, taking off playstyles off a champion is a direct contradition to what they where trying to do with the shop changes...having one unique combo for a champion is just boring, and silly...

i agree with some of the nerfs they made....but by forcing us to play a champion in only ONE way, just takes value off the game...
The point of my post was to tell that person that Diana's assassin capabilities are far overshadowed by the fact that she's a Fighter. Fighters, as a champion archetype, are designed to deal good DPS and be able to take damage; most of them have at least one minor CC geared towards keeping in range to deal damage, maybe one skill that's at least semi-defensive, lots of them have gap closers, and at least 2 skills geared purely towards damage.

She's also a Mage. Mages, as an archetype, have high base damage from skills and passives to give them burst damage. Some may be able to deal good DPS, like Swain and Vladimir, but even they work off of burst damage in intervals rather than true DPS.

The combination means that Diana has mildly bursty DPS, kinda like an AP Jax. Deal okay DPS, and every so many hits is going to deal insane burst just in case the DPS alone isn't enough.

wanchaiferrai

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazlust View Post

Thanks for reading
soo does fiddlesticks gg son

SLAUGHTERHOUSEqq

12-15-2012

GOODBYE FACEROLL BADDIES!!!, NEXT NERF FLIGHT TO DARIUS IN T-MINUS 5 HOURS BETTER HOP ON THE TRAIN.
Seriously, all I see are a bunch of normal game baddies who used diana as a crutch to feel good about themselves crying like little two year olds, YOU'RE NOT GOOD, go play ori or something.

12345678 ... 9