What do to with Fizz

main him 13 40.63%
forget about him 7 21.88%
keep with akali but pick him up 12 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Fizz reviews and comparison to Akali

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laxin4Life

02-05-2013

So I main akali right now and love her. I think I've lost one game with her and seem to be doing great but I'm really interested in fizz and have had my eye on him for awhile. What's your guys thoughts on him and is he worth the price tag?

Frightning

02-05-2013

I've seen some Fizz's dominate games, but I suspect he's one of those champions that scales strongly with how well you can play him. (The same is true to an extent with Akali)

Gomethegnome

02-05-2013

Akali is OP her cloud is like a get away from me or ill kill you move, NOBODY should have a move like that

Camryn833

02-05-2013

Fizz is a super strong champion, and he's stronger pre-6 than Akali. He can get first blood almost every game if you learn how to play him well. The problem is, he's VERY hard to master. He has one of the highest skill caps of any champion. He is very difficult to learn, but he's also very rewarding to learn. Fizz's combo is a lot harder to manage and you have to practice when to engage with him and when not to engage. His escape mechanics are better than Akali's, but to get the dash through your enemy to get away from them is somewhat difficult. His Playful/Trickster makes him fairly forgiving to learn at first, but you have to be careful because he has very little mana early on. Honestly, I would get Fizz and learn him, and see how you like him, but I'm not sure if you should main him.

One thing that makes him super strong is that he can burst down the enemy carry just with his ult and WQ, then get away with Playful/Trickster through the jungle. He can do this 1v5 really easily if the enemy carry gets out of position so you can land his R on them.

He has some of the best late games of any assassin I've played, and his ult can change team fights if landed well. Using his ult properly is probably the hardest part of playing him besides mastering all of his juking potentials.

Overall, try him out. He usually fits the playstyle of people who like Akali, and vice versa.

Laxin4Life

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camryn833 View Post
Fizz is a super strong champion, and he's stronger pre-6 than Akali. He can get first blood almost every game if you learn how to play him well. The problem is, he's VERY hard to master. He has one of the highest skill caps of any champion. He is very difficult to learn, but he's also very rewarding to learn. Fizz's combo is a lot harder to manage and you have to practice when to engage with him and when not to engage. His escape mechanics are better than Akali's, but to get the dash through your enemy to get away from them is somewhat difficult. His Playful/Trickster makes him fairly forgiving to learn at first, but you have to be careful because he has very little mana early on. Honestly, I would get Fizz and learn him, and see how you like him, but I'm not sure if you should main him.

One thing that makes him super strong is that he can burst down the enemy carry just with his ult and WQ, then get away with Playful/Trickster through the jungle. He can do this 1v5 really easily if the enemy carry gets out of position so you can land his R on them.

He has some of the best late games of any assassin I've played, and his ult can change team fights if landed well. Using his ult properly is probably the hardest part of playing him besides mastering all of his juking potentials.

Overall, try him out. He usually fits the playstyle of people who like Akali, and vice versa.
this way very helpful and EXTREMELY informative, I am also quite good with ahri, does playing her carry over to Fizz? But I will be sure to pick him up, thanks.

CeeRob

02-06-2013

Fizz is an amazing champion. He takes a little getting used to, but he has a high damage output. Get him if you can.

Tetillon10

02-06-2013

Fizz, Is and will always be my favorite champion. I literrally win lane with him more then 90% of the time mid. I have recently stopped playing him in ranked though for certain reasons. He is very strong 1v1 against most champs, he can kill and escape which can produce some giggles. Once you master him mid laning is fairly easy, just use playful/trickster to dodge ganks/ults/ everything. His problem is that you can't really carry with him like akali/kat late game. I have been 15/4 and all other players dont have more then 8 kills but if your team is the worse team, it is almost impossible to carry. If you want to really carry you have to have like 18 kills plus. After that you can literaly one hit their adc with your WQ if they havn't built health. I once 1v4 a team when they all had full health, with around 20 kills. they were volibear, leblanc, amumu and varus. They were near baron, I WQ'ed varus, ulted leblanc, ignited and jumped on her with E. I made voli and amumu chase me while i was on cd which was like 6 secs. then fought, used zhonyas, I killed amumu, he came back with angels, killed him again, then voli killed me, i came back with angels, and killed him at the same time he killed me. It was pretty epic and it was like 1 min of a full 1v4 lol. Get him he is awsome but his carry ability is quite hard. As for tips, use your W right before you are gonna use Q, this increases its damage by a LOT. I normally build 1 - 2 dorans rings on him, lichblane, deatchcap, zhonyas, and then some situational AP item, and finally angels or another AP item. He doesn't need angels that often because you can escape so easily it just mostly for the enjoyment. His cs has its pros and cons, his w's passive lets u hit a creep walk away and the dot will almost always kill it, the negative part is that you have to be in melee range. A little secret that most people dont know is the max leveling order. You should always go R,W,E,Q. maxing W gives great burst to your Q since it applies damge to your Q that is why you always want to attack with WQ . Maxing E gives you way more escape and gap closer potential, finally maxing Q increases your burst even more. Also the moment you hit 6 in midlane you want to kill your enemy as soon as possible. Just make sure you have enough mana for all abilities and ignite should be up. You can throw your shark from far, use double E to get to him, WQ him, ignite, auto attack once or twice under turret, begin laughing after you walk away and he dies 3 seconds later. or you can use Q on him if he is close, then E but let yourself drop to proc slow, ult, auto attack ignite. I normally use the first one since they keep their distance from your Q but the first one is very hard since you have to land your ult from very far. Hoped this helped! Sorry for the long post, I just love Fizz and wanted to enlighten you lol :P

Plato83

02-06-2013

Fizz was the first champion I absolutely fell in love with. He's super squishy, but super slippery. Also, his laugh is top 3 in the game, at least.

His E makes him *very* strong but when it is on CD he is *very* vulnerable if he doesnt kill his target. High burst/high reward/high risk champion. Good stuff right there.

edit - rush a lichbane

Juani16

02-07-2013

am i the only one that lvl R > W > Q > E ?

i dont see why i should max E before Q...

i main fizz and i always played this way, and 90% of times i end up with a nice score

ps: i dont rush lich bane..

ps2: yesterday i played 2 matches with fizz, both against akali

the first one(ranked) i won the lane and i ended with 18/2/8.

the second one(normal) i really sucked, it was like the worst early game with fizz i played, akali didnt let me farm, since she doesnt need mana she just spammed her skills on me so i cant get close enough to the minions to farm. I started to get better in mid/late game when i could get rabbadon + lich bane, but it was too late..

Tetillon10

02-07-2013

Maxing RWEQ is substancially better. His Q's base damage is really bad. E has a higher base damage, higher base damage is better in the early/mid game because you dont have much items E also gives you much more mobility. So if you really look at it, E is the better contender. Since Q is dependant on his W, u max W then E for mobility and a higher base damage, and finally Q.

Hope that cleared it up