Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, I would like some clarification on the Teemo nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamWorkTom

12-14-2012

Quote:
Malloreon:
Why haven't you commented on how you guys destroyed Diana?

Because they have no justification for it. Its simply a rotation of popular champions to increase sales.

As has been stated Diana was on sale twice in 2 weeks and her Skin went on sale, shortly after she was nerfed.

Similar to how Vlads legendary skin came out and was nerfed right after.

Zuvas

12-14-2012

Quote:
Solcrushed:
2. I do not understand the logic here, are we never allowed to nerf AP ratios on mages since they 'should be a mage'? The ratio on E was nerfed because it and the high shroom base damage was driving on-hit Teemo and AP Teemo to become too similar. We took the opposite approach here compared to the shrooms as on-hits are affected much less by AP ratios, compared to AP.

Reasoning OP: Riot call Teemo AP mage and nerf his ratio. Legit

If you want to nerf on-hit Teemo, its easy as hell and I will tell you for FREE: nerf base damage not his ratio

Oh wait.. I get it.. you're trying to make a new support right? Done it with Zyra cause its cheaper than making a new support so you're most probably doing it with Teemo too

GurkenMAN

12-14-2012

Quote:
Solcrushed:
1. On-hit Teemo (compared to AP Teemo) utilizes mushrooms more as zone control and a kiting tool. Shroom damage is very nice but it is not what on-hit builds are aiming for. Contrast this with the AP Teemo, for him, shrooms are his main damage source. He is building loads of AP to create the shrooms of doom. So we decided to nerf base damages rather than the AP ratio (or the duration or slow strength for that matter) - this drives the gap between on-hit Teemo and AP Teemo's playstyles further apart and keeps what the different styles want for their shrooms intact..

2. I do not understand the logic here, are we never allowed to nerf AP ratios on mages since they 'should be a mage'? The ratio on E was nerfed because it and the high shroom base damage was driving on-hit Teemo and AP Teemo to become too similar. We took the opposite approach here compared to the shrooms as on-hits are affected much less by AP ratios, compared to AP.

3. Teemo was allowed very high damage on his E (and Q) AND on his R because the two did not merge easily. If you built AP your shrooms hurt a ton but your sustained dps was low, if you built on-hit your dps was high but you put yourself in danger because you don't contribute as much outside your short autoattack range. Season 3 basically took away this distinction as it both made his shrooms more powerful AND improved his in combat dps by a lot. (The initial buffs to his E ratio also caused this and I had regretted it since then, it should have been buffed less)

at #3:
Why the heck did you even double the AP-ratio in 1 buff?
And why dont you nerf it back to the old level (where he was also often seen from time to time- most often as counterpick) when nerfing oracle into oblivion and at the same time giving him runaans and buffed malady?

For the Liandry i dont care so much tbh...

Genotoxic

12-14-2012

its about time maybe more ppl will stop plaing that stupid champ

CorpseMoney

12-14-2012

I will preface this post by saying, I don't even like Teemo. But I was sort of happy to see him being a bit more viable this season, he was being played a whole lot this season. But now I think he might fade back into obscurity. I'm not really happy or unhappy about the nerf cause my hate is so strong, but I'm always happy to see more champs become more viable. I hope Riot did the right thing.

ALL I AM IS RAGE

12-14-2012

Teemo is gay and annoying, He's a troll champ, like singed. The fun is in making others rage. I logically agree with OP, but at the same time am perfectly okay with the nerf.

Tha Antiix

12-14-2012

Lol i love when people cry when Riot nerfs an op champion then they make up stupid reasons why its not fair

Now people can stop abusing the over powered champions like teemo.

Teralisan

12-14-2012

I still do not get it...
so shrooms are stealthed and popped all over...
so WHAT?
how many times do you actually WALK INTO an in lane shroom?
if you are smart and you know Teemo was there let the minions be miniony and face check the lane FOR you...
if you are coming in to gank and walk into a shroom
get out
if you are running and walk into a shroom
Ashe, Ezreal, Lux, Caitlynn, Diana, Akali, Nidalee, Corki... anyone with a high dmg long range poke/ulti can do the same thing to you
Died to Teemo's Poison?
just how low were you when you ran?
seriously
plus, to put a shroom where you are gonna run means either basically coating the end of the river that is by you in shrooms, or popping them in every entrance to BOTH jungles...
and popping them in the enemy jungle is usually a bad idea
and running into your enemies jungle is a bad idea
Map Awareness?
ah ha ha ha ha
on certain points yes
the Tri-Bush for instance
but the River?
the actual JUNGLE?
so little vision
if they step on it the vision goes bye bye...
you really want to turn the game into 4v5 go ahead and use Teemo for map control...
Sightstone makes that useless anyway, grab one on you Support and on your Jungler and maybe Top and you can pop wards at the important places
Cait's Traps and Nidalee's Traps and Maokai's Saplings all are very similar to shrooms when they build a certain way...
joy, you just nerfed Teemo's only actual nuke... lovely
2v1 no is ABSOLUTE death instead of a potential 1 for 2 trade...

RC Endrance

Recruiter

12-14-2012

We will miss Teemo :'(

LeagueOfLeotards

12-14-2012

Teemo is op nuff said shut up stop qqing move on remove darius nerf irelia report sion ap jungle