An option to turn off mini map movement

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmenVI

12-23-2012

I like the idea of being able to turn it off, however, I use it to auto-pilot back to my lane, etc.

Sh11ft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

Having this as an option would be okay. I wouldn't use it because i regularly use the mini map to auto pilot to map objectives. It's quicker than trying to click my way there.

nxtCombatWombat

01-22-2013

Instead of an on / off option, what about a shift+click option. That way the only way you could move by clicking the mini map would be while holding shift. I know I die to mis-clicks on the mini map but use it for movement. This would keep me from mis-clicking and still allow mini map usage.

Chillin

01-29-2013

sometimes i click the ui during the heat of the battle and ill get the shop or champion stats right there in my face during a clutch moment, if the option to remove all interaction with ui was available id likely use it.

Charming Ahri

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponts View Post
I like this idea. Let me send it around to some dudes on our UI team and see what happens.
Could you make it a toggle?

The Toxic Fox

02-07-2013

It would be cool if you could still enable left clicking on the mini map to make checking different lanes quick but disable the right mouse button. I died twice in one pvp match because of miss click and once the pvp game before. Does get annoying especially when you could have escaped but accidently nose dived back into the middle of a 5 v 1.

Grimmis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwamiMajik View Post
It's very discouraging dieing to a misclick it hurts team moral and brings down your own metal state in game and in future games. On a good day of league I might die once due to misclicking the mini map of doom. I enjoy this game very much and I am looking forward to the day this will be implemented.
I've had this happen to me so many times. A feature that would disable this would be great. Thank you for bringing this up.

Extacide

02-12-2013

This has been suggested forever and I hope it continues to be suggested. My minimap is on the left which means whenever I'm playing on the blue side I risk clicking my minimap when retreating on my side of the map. Hope they eventually consider this.

Venova

02-14-2013

I think there should be an option to require ctrl+click or something to move on minimap, instead of just rightclick. Also OP: Be glad LoL has the minimap in the bottom right by default, in dota 2 and hon (hon DOES let you swap, but it feels weird to go against the default for some reason) with the minimap on the left, i constantly accidently click it because the map is diagonal /, which means to go back, you need to click towards the bottom left if your on radiant/legion/blue, and since the minimap takes those clicks, in hon especially i end up clicking the minimap and running back towards my enemies when i'm trying to escape, so many deaths from that. Dota 2's slower movement overall means this happens less there for me, but still does sometimes. I think an option to require a modifier key for minimap rightclicks would be good - that way you can still click it if you need to or want to, but can't mess up normal movement.

Kimimaro49

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponts View Post
I like this idea. Let me send it around to some dudes on our UI team and see what happens.
I believe its a bad idea, because it baits people into not learning map awarness and playing bad.