An option to turn off mini map movement

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwamiMajik

12-13-2012

I don't see the point of mini map movement in a moba -.- this is not an rts where a-moving your army to a location is the normal thing to do. I use my mini map to check in on other lanes quite a bit but, I very rarely move with my mini map (maybe once or twice at the start of the game to get on lane). It really hurts on a small screen where the mini map dominates a good chunk of the screen. It's very discouraging dieing to a misclick it hurts team moral and brings down your own metal state in game and in future games. On a good day of league I might die once due to misclicking the mini map of doom. I enjoy this game very much and I am looking forward to the day this will be implemented.

Robot Jake

12-13-2012

I haven't had many problems with the mini-map (in large part because I'm lucky enough to have a widescreen monitor) but a number of my friends have mentioned similar problems.

I'd have to agree that an option to turn off minimap movement would be nice, if that's at all possible to code.

Ponts

Senior QA Analyst

12-14-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I like this idea. Let me send it around to some dudes on our UI team and see what happens.

Ailwuful2

12-14-2012

Hi.
I approve this, I never use mini map for moving the champion, and though it's rather rare for me to miss click on the mini map, it does happen, therefore turning it off would be an improvement.

Agg

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponts View Post
I like this idea. Let me send it around to some dudes on our UI team and see what happens.

OMG, please do. Dying because you moved to the wrong place because of a minimap misclick is the worst thing in this game.

LanceLiege

12-14-2012

I really like the idea, kinda like bind the disable to a key for easy toggling(if ever you need to click on it on the fly). this was one of my problems during my dota carrier(a few lans here and there), really love that LoL's has it's minimap defaultly on the left side. The fact that most moba maps usually have a diagonal geography, makes minimap clickabilily(i don't think its a word) something to be considered.

really like the idea.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

I am keen. Plenty of times i've died because I missclicked in the minimap causing my champ to go in the wrong direction.

Dialupman

12-14-2012

This sounds like a great idea. Since its just an option to do it, this wont hinder people who move using the map often. However, I would like this idea explored slightly further by giving the option to remove ability and summoner spell interaction to the minimap along with movement. I recently lost a game by misclicking smartcast summoner teleport to my nexus while running thru baron river from top and being unable to cancel it in time.

SwamiMajik

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponts View Post
Thank you very much for the swift response Ponts ^.^ looking forward to seeing this implemented in a future update. ~Happy Holidays~

Kedros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

I've died a few times due to minimap clicks and I'm sure newer players use the minimap for long treks when they really shouldn't. It disconnects them from the game while they move and they start to space not realizing that they are walking headlong into a 5v1

By toggling minimap move you can have right click do a sticky view on the minimap. Right click to view and it automatically bounces back to centered on your champ after you release right click. I see multiple streams where the player will left click, space to get a more informed view of a battle/lane before entering. This would just make it a simple right click, see, release.