Why arent I getting a Ribbon???

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imadod0

Junior Member

12-13-2012

I have 79 Teamwork and 48 honorable opponents...... and i havent gotten a ribbon while my friend got one recently and he just started .......


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reets

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Have you played a lot of custom games? Honor Value might be lower when it comes to Custom games. Consistency might also be a factor in this situation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Getsuei

Senior Member

12-13-2012

People that give out honor less often, have thier points count for more when they actually do give it out. That prolly plays a big factor in why your friend who just started playing, and you who are a higher level where they hand em out like candy, do not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yiyo chan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Some info about how the ribbons/crest works. From the wikia.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Ribbons are unimportant.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
People that give out honor less often, have thier points count for more when they actually do give it out. That prolly plays a big factor in why your friend who just started playing, and you who are a higher level where they hand em out like candy, do not.
That's a myth. It doesn't matter how often you honor others.

It's easily explained by your friend playing far fewer games than you though. You need to be honored in X% of games to get the ribbon, so a high number on your profile isn't indicative of much if you have hundreds of games played.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
That's a myth. It doesn't matter how often you honor others.

It's easily explained by your friend playing far fewer games than you though. You need to be honored in X% of games to get the ribbon, so a high number on your profile isn't indicative of much if you have hundreds of games played.
The number means nothing.

Allow me to be blunt. My honor totals are as follows:
35 Friendly
22 Helpful
53 Teamwork
0 Opponent.

I have the first three. I find them useless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonsbaine

Senior Member

12-13-2012

it's the % of games you've been honored in + the % of players that honor you in those games. I have a similar situation, between 2 of my accounts.

My main, which I have received honor in at least 90% of the games I play, does not have any honor badges, because it's usually only 1 person honoring me, or a few people honoring me for different reasons ( 2 opponents, 1 friendly, 1 helpful, 1 teamwork...) It has like +40 for teamwork and opponent, +20 helpful and almost 20 for friendly.. Where as my alt account, got it's opponent ribbon right as it hit 30, because 3 games in a row, I received honor from the majority of the other team.

I believe the equation is something like: reason for honor x (+50% honor votes x % games honored)

as far as votes count more... I think they might of actually implemented that into the equation, to try and counter the trolls that were trading honor. Which is another reason, I believe, Riot won't give use more details on how the honor system works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
The number means nothing.

Allow me to be blunt. My honor totals are as follows:
35 Friendly
22 Helpful
53 Teamwork
0 Opponent.

I have the first three. I find them useless.
Geez, do you play all bot games or just never, ever speak in all chat?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Geez, do you play all bot games or just never, ever speak in all chat?
Haven't played normals in a long time now. Thus you can see why I have such a low view of honor ribbons.


12