Possible abuse of the tribunal system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odov

12-13-2012

Case #6040407

The accused has 4 reports based on assisting the enemy team, and 1 for VERBAL ABUSE. There are no chat logs, for either party, on all 5 match reviews.

I've read that the system automatically scrubs logs based on the identification of personal information (which in itself seems wrong, it should censor the information it deems to be personal, and release the rest). Is it possible that this is common enough knowledge that trolls can now simply post an email address or random phone number in hopes of getting a pardon?

5 review cases. No chat logs. He also has one obvious troll build, which leads me to believe there may be some truth to the other accusations as well.

What do we do in these situations? I skipped.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Skip is the best option if the chat logs are missing and you can't assess a verdict based on his build/scoreline. Riot can find the chat logs. They can also look at pre and post game chat. They can handle cases like this by hand, and I think a case with a large majority of skips probably throws a red flag to give it high priority for Riot review.

Odov

12-13-2012

I'm glad I made the right decision, but do you think this is really adequate? Occasionally I see blank chat logs, and dismiss them, but 5 out of 5 seems like it is intentional. I get the simple rule that if I can't reach a decision then skip the case, but I wanted to point out the abuse potential in this.

A case with blank logs should probably skip the tribunal altogether, as most participants won't take the time to google the problem and figure it out on their own. These people may even come to the conclusion "verbal abuse can't exist if there was no communication" giving the dregs of the community another way of hiding their tracks.

LittleDi

12-13-2012

I'm gonna go ahead and throw that one over to the support link now. With luck they'll figure it out.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Skip and pardon are not the same thing. Voting skip does not pardon the summoner. It does not punish. It acts as if you didn't vote at all. And Riot can see how many times a case has been skipped.

It's possible that something chatted in game may scrub the entire chat log, in which case yes, it's possible for their to be some abuse...but Riot has oversight. Riot can go in and review the case by hand. But it's also possible that it's simply some bug.

But the fact of the matter is, even if you pardon someone that needed to be punished, they'll have another date with the Tribunal if they truly needed to be punished. And if they don't have another date with the Tribunal, then they somehow managed to reform without being punished.

Getsuei

12-13-2012

It is prolly a bug, has happened multiple times.

AJStarhiker

12-13-2012

Send the case number to Riot in a support ticket. It'll help them find and fix potential bugs

Enterti

12-13-2012

It is an existing bug, if none of the other cases in the report are toxic then skip it.

Great Pyrenees

12-13-2012

Heck I dont skip that case. I pardon all day every day. Why? It will be pardoned so its a guarenteed lock. Why else? Because 1) if this guy is guilty he will be in the tribunal again with logs. 2) if this guy is REALLY bad Riot will ban him themselves =)