Dominion Video Tutorial - Help Write It!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

12-16-2012

Someone had the idea to make a section on Dominate Dominion.com showcasing dominion-oriented youtube channels (like one of the buttons up to "Livestreams" "guides" "youtube"). We could throw in the top 5 plays, general game play, and tutorials from every community member on it.

Yes Maam Kablam

12-16-2012

I'm on board to help produce this.

I have no idea how we're going to divide the labor but screw it.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
-An Overview of Dominion
Include a still clearly labeling the 5 capture points on the map by name.

Hilariously, this information is not included in the game interface. You can only infer it from quests and the mostly-not-intuitive shapes by each point.

Panzerzs

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
This is going to be a lot of work, so I am going to need some help from you all, with writing it. Please post little hints/tips below that you think all new players .
Tips ~ =D I'll give ye some

-Never Rush points where many enemies are camping on, if enemies are camping on points, invade other points, enemy point camping also gives you the ability to control their jungle

-Talk about Quests Capture points, and what they do, and why they are so important (Damage % Buff + -20 nexus points)
you'd be surprised at how much 20 nexus points is (worth about 40seconds of point holding in a 3-2 cap lead)

-A key basic thing to remember that may be cliche but misunderstood is to go for objective rather than for kills (Tutorial can also mention not to chase people when a point is uncapped unless it is for zoning enemies out to prevent them from disrupting your team from capturing a point). & Yes, killing others is always going to happen, but if your in a situation between chasing people in their jungle and ignoring a free cap top, then that's where things start to be O.O~ People can beat a team 60-10 in kills and still lose the game!

-Control The Jungle --> a Key misconception is that dominion requires no skill. Real skill comes in when you use the Fog Of War to the maximum. A bruiser assassination comp who controls the Fog of War Jungle has the potential to snowball a game from 450-50 (I just had a game like that on christmas hue)
~Controlling the Fog of War (Jungle) can help alert your team about oncoming top assaults, or predicted bottom ganks (The role of hiding in the jungle brush and watching for enemies in the jungle going top or bottom is called the "Floater")

-Metta (Revive can be shown to the new guys cause they only take flash and ghost & some of the experienced players still think revive sucks) You can refer to Nekrogen's awesome guide for the metta of how many goes top and bottom~

-Here's sort of an advanced tactic (not really)
-Constantly check tab for missing enemies, missing enemies indicate that they could most likely be in the jungle just waiting for you to walk into the brush; this is where you need to take caution and group up with your team

-Talk about how nexus points are lost :) & What the middle buff (storm shield) does

-Remember to notify people to refer to Sauron & Nekrogen's guides for extra help and tactics!!

-Talk about how windmill is an optimal point to catch because the point is the farthest from both bases

-Note the Champion Roles that are optimal for dominion (I know you know because you know dominion a lot more than us higher ups <3)
-Key Roles such as (Tanks for initiation [leona, amumu], Bruisers, Ap Casters, Ad Ranged~ (You might also want to note that squishies are at a huger disadvantage in dominion compared to SR because 80% of the map is in fog of war :)

-Last but not least, be positive, talk strategy, take a leadership role and quickly type in helpful things to guide your team (that's how I rose my elo when I solo Q~)

Phourc

12-27-2012

Can't believe I missed this topic the first time around, love to hear how it's going and/or if you need any help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerzs View Post
-Talk about how nexus points are lost
God those are unintuitive, too, but the main points that should be reinforced are:
- dying loses you points, so going back to heal instead of dying is ALWAYS GOOD
- as long as you hold at least 3 points your cannot lose

Panzerzs

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
God those are unintuitive, too, but the main points that should be reinforced are:
- dying loses you points, so going back to heal instead of dying is ALWAYS GOOD
- as long as you hold at least 3 points your cannot lose
LOOOL yep, I completely forgot to expand, you also forgot that you lose 20 points by losing the quest objective xD I might have said that in the other post though woops

Redenbacher

12-27-2012

I'd really like to see a segment on active vision items like Hextech Sweeper and Grez's Spectral Lantern. Why, at a minimum, one person on your team should always have one of these items, and how they're useful beyond detecting stealth champions.

I know it was stated already, but I'm going to reiterate: The importance of jungle control, and why you shouldn't typically push to their middle after taking Windmill. Also, the cases where it is appropriate to pressure/take the enemy middle.

I can offer more detail if desired.

Genericke

12-27-2012

I've made a few guides for dominion:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2925499 (how to do champ select)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2760301 (SR guide)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2288243 (Guide to beating Jax)

First one's actually serious. The other two...might not be relevant to this project.

A lot of people are bringing up team composition and champion select though. I have some pretty good stuff regarding that in the first guide. Even if all you need is for someone to actually write that information out, it's in that guide for you.

I can also show you some sassy dominion LeBlanc play if you'd like.