Dominion Video Tutorial - Help Write It!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
6. Why people who play Teemo/jayce/kassadin/kha'zix deserve to burn in the pits of hell for all eternity
-because they are game breakingly over-powered on dominion

Taiack

12-13-2012

Things like in a team fight(dive) under turret, people whos spells are down cap. They get interupted then someone else has to cap due to the 1.5 second cd on capping. Following up on initiations/ knowing when to start a fight/ completely disengage

Assassins or non poke champs with no cc cap mid first. So that they can clean up late.

Good use of Garrison. Both to save or dive. (same with revive if you're trying to push revive meta)

How to catch a straggler in the jungle ie. V brush or brush before opponents speed shrine.

General map awareness, ie. keeping an eye on minimap literally all the time(greatest source of information)

Will edit if i think of anything else.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
Feedski, can you link us to the gd topic please?, maybe we can rescue it as a community:3,a fter all all of us owe you big time
Here is the link http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2899692
But no one owes me anything.

Orphane

12-13-2012

Jungle Control (Speed shrines, Fog of War, Bushes)

Resource Deployment (Who should gank bot? Who should roam? Who should backcap? Who should lane bottom?)

Strategic Decisions (When to backcap? When to camp bushes? When to defend on a point? When to roam?)

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Edit: I'm an idiot.

Armed Weasel

12-13-2012

Nice idea, Feedski, and I'll help in any way I can. It should definitely include a good explanation about zone defense, where you wait near a speed shrine instead of at a point, so you can move to intercept enemy champions wherever they go. The biggest challenge in Dominion is probably responding quickly to enemy movements without having ward coverage.

Sakuri Ono

12-13-2012

I can help you with some general outlining:

The videos should be split into multiple 'chapters'. Think of the entire project like one big 'How-To' book with each important section getting its own chapter. This way people can view the whole thing at their leisure and have the convenience of going back to the particular chapters they need to focus on later. I would suggest the following as chapters:

-An Overview of Dominion (Which actions reduce Nexus points and by how much, lane designations, a brief explanation of the 4 Top 1 Bot Meta, Storm Shield & Speed Shrines; how to optimize them, ect.)

-A Focus on Top Lane (Strategies for Capturing, Defending, Jungle Control, Champion Suggestions, When to hold and when to push for their Mid)

-A Focus on Bot Lane (~, ~, Ganking Guide; When to ask for Ganks and when to expect them against you, Champion Suggestions, A Guideline for When to Push, When to Freeze, and When to Defend Purely at Turret)

-Team Composition (A guide explaining some basic Dominion Team compositions and how Dom teams may vary from SR and TT; also explaining that supports aren't worthless, Rune suggestions, Mastery suggestions, ect.)

-Advanced Lessons (Unique strategies like Pooters style tactics to show how varied Dom's approach to winning can be, specifics about Summoner Spell selection per Champion type/role, Item Build styles based on what you're fighting, Strategies for dealing with 4v5 early-game situations when someone's late connecting, ect.)

That should help a little.

Fabs457

12-13-2012

Nice idea and I hope it goes well. To add my 2 cents, I think communication is key... not just pinging, but asking about roles, signalling for ganks ("hey guys, I'm ganking bot, be careful about rushing top into a 3v4 situation!!!"). I find that things like that not just helps the current game, but allows you to get a better sense of which players to avoid and which players you enjoy being on the same team with.

HaIfhearted

12-13-2012

Yo Feeds, maybe you should do a video tutorial *series* instead of just a single video?
That way you can go over certain things in more detail, have more time per video to dedicate to explaining things, and so on.

Plus, if its done well enough it could become its own little thing and maybe attract more attention that way.

FetisPuncher

12-13-2012

I like the idea of multiple vids, simply because there's much content to cover;however, for the sake of the tutorial or TLDW(too long didnt watch) i think it's smart to do just one vid. But you gotta be aware of the fact that tutorials don't state metas or suggested builds etc. Somethings i think would be great to cover for tut:

- Discuss the excelerated gold mechanic and events when one will receive gold.
- The importance of node control and mechanics(diminishing enemy nexus health, quests, minions, etc)
- health, speed shrine and storm buff (discuss purpose and tips e.g. reserve storm buff for someone at full health & timers of all these additional mechanics)
- Unique items / summoner spells to Dominion
- quick reference to the jungle and unique approach to bush wacking.

can only think of these things for know.. but you get the point i'm sure Feedskis..

oh and btw.. i want my gym sock back pls.