I really got 2 week ban for this?????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwdahc View Post
Getsui so your saying if you call another player a noob you deserve to be banned? If that is the rule this game stands by I honestly hope I get banned. The fact that you actually think that not being "nice" to other players in a game and calling other players "noob" should be ban able is a disgrace to online game and is a disgrace to competition.
The disgrace is that you believe you are perfectly acceptable in being a jerk. Do you not understand that yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Riot doesn't like jerks.
LEARN THIS.

Getsuei

12-13-2012

Quote:
Getsui so your saying if you call another player a noob you deserve to be banned? If that is the rule this game stands by I honestly hope I get banned. The fact that you actually think that not being "nice" to other players in a game and calling other players "noob" should be ban able is a disgrace to online game and is a disgrace to competition.
I follow the rules of every game that I play, and the community also. CoD Black Ops II, trash talk is normal. I expect it. Same with DoTA2. LoL it is not accepted, Riot has stated this many times. I already gave the link on where it states that Riot does not believe this is acceptable behavior.

Edit: Spelling is hard sometimes ><

Kiwdahc

12-13-2012

When did I say riot doesn't like jerks? If someone doesn't like what I have to say then ignore me in game.. Why should I be banned for calling a player a noob. Its not like I followed him around game to game harassing him and wouldn't leave him alone. Its not like he asked me to stop talking and I didn't? Its not like we weren't engaged in a conversation the whole game.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Lyte (the head of PB&J) said that Riot doesn't like jerks.

You were a jerk.
Riot doesn't like jerks.

Some simple maths.

You're banned.

Kiwdahc

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
I follow the rules of every game that I play, and the community also. CoD Black Ops II, trash talk is normal. I expect it. Same with DoTA2. LoL it is not accepted, Riot has stated this many times. I already gave the link on where it states that Riot does not beleive this is acceptable behavior.
So instead of actively trying to change that you stand by them and support their position? I called 2 different players noob like 4-5 times in the game. I wouldn't even consider that trash talk. If you read the whole chat they were calling me names as well...

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Kiwdahc, it's Riot's game. It's not your game. Riot (and most of the community agrees) thinks that being a jerk is not okay.

There are other games you can play where the community seems to be fine with everyone being a jerk to everyone else. If you can't handle not being a jerk, you should go play one of those games.

Getsuei

12-13-2012

Quote:
So instead of actively trying to change that you stand by them and support their position? I called 2 different players noob like 4-5 times in the game. I wouldn't even consider that trash talk. If you read the whole chat they were calling me names as well...
7. Myth: You can't get punished for being provoked into raging by another player. - Fact: You are expected to control yourself on the keyboard, especially since it is a keyboard and not your mouth. You will get punished if you rage in chat. If you respond by cutting off communication with your entire team altogether, that may actually work against you as that can be considered another form of raging.

LittleDi

12-13-2012

Quote:
When did I say riot doesn't like jerks? If someone doesn't like what I have to say then ignore me in game.. Why should I be banned for calling a player a noob. Its not like I followed him around game to game harassing him and wouldn't leave him alone. Its not like he asked me to stop talking and I didn't? Its not like we weren't engaged in a conversation the whole game.
Funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
[NEW] Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?
Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.
Appears you don't know the rules at all.

Getsuei

12-13-2012

I do believe that I am done now. I will leave with one last statement on this and move on. Try reading the Tribunal Guide and the Summoners Code. The Summoners Code is vague for a reason, Riot wants the community to judge on what is acceptable or not. The majority of the community does not believe in trash talk, only playful barbs.

With that said, I do not wish ill on anyone. Best of luck on you and your future endeavors.

Xarue

12-13-2012

Quote:
it is a rule, no noob left behind, and if you dont like it then you can get out.