Preseason Balance Update 1 - Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goorflagg

12-13-2012

So I made this comment earlier in the thread: "I've been playing LoL since around the time Lulu came out, and I've never really had any issues with you guys. I really enjoy playing the game, and I've got plenty of champs to play, but right now, there's one thing that bugs me with this patch. The Zyra nerfs. Now, I got Zyra on release because I was really, REALLY excited to play her at mid. In fact, I only ever planned to play her at mid. I realize that her kit was great for supporting, but I felt like she was INTENDED to be a mid lane champion. Now with these nerfs, you're basically nerfing her damage output into the ground. I understand the reason for nerfs, champs become overpowered with changes to the game. But I rarely, very rarely see someone playing Zyra aside from me. So why? Why nerf her damage output? You nerfed the speed her plants attack and the damage they do by over 100. All her damage output comes from her q and her r (I know, I play her. Her e is good, but the q and r are what do the most). Why can't you nerf the utility she brings instead? Reduce the amount of slow or snare, or even increase the time that champs have to get out of her ult before they get knocked up. You made the champion spotlight specifically for her to be a mid laner. Why change that? Who cares if the pros play her as support? That's not why I bought her. I don't play support (at least not enough to really warrant buying a support champ). That's not why I was excited for her.

Like I said before, I enjoy this game. I really do. But I'm disappointed, Riot. You're pretty much forcing a champ who was made for mid to go to the support role.

Sincerely,
One disappointed Zyra Mid Laner."

I just wanted to say, I got the skill mixed up. They nerfed her passive and NOT her q. Coming from a Zyra player....I'm embarrassed. Just wanted to apologize, though I do find the nerf on her passive a bit strange, it was hard to hit in the first place/it bugs out sometimes. But yeah, sorry Riot!

Decoylegends

12-13-2012

Save the big cats. Save Rengar

N0Name 00

12-13-2012

everyone whines about Cleaver which I can understand, however in a game using Xin vs Nasus or Darius while stacking on Cleaver, Xin came out losing every time. So talk about op champs such as Darius and Nasus that can op even the Cleaver stacking.

Takathien

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daestrider View Post
I AGREE! About time Riot!!!
About time you STFU and GTFO

Mekju

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Balance issues? Better nerf Rengar! Enough already

Elsha

12-13-2012

Does Riot hate Diana or something? First you over nerf her after her release, then you screw up her skin, now you're nerfing her again? She's going to be completely useless now. She used to be my favourite. Why are you doing this to her?

Takathien

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
hahahahaha Rengar useless hahahahahahahaha kids these days, hahahahahahahahahaha
Kids these are stupid and insane, i have proof ^

Tenebrae Corvus

12-13-2012

The nerfs for Diana aren't nice but reasonable up until the range reduction of Lunar Rush. Her Crescent Strike to Lunar Rush combo is not only a basic manoeuvre but it's also one of the most fun aspects of Diana. The range nerf would make Lunar Rush more difficult to use as it would force Diana to advance towards her target after using Crescent Strike or waste part of Crescent Strike's range. Besides, the range difference makes hitting enemies debuffed with Moonlight more complex so that the CD reset may be lost more often.

It's logical to nerf abitlies that deal too much damage or that simply allow free harass. However, Lunar Rush sends Diana straight into the fray. The range change seems strange so a bit of context on the decision would be welcome; at the very least.

One more thing, a range nerf on Moonfall? It's not an ability with much range so why is this so?

Siyanor

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
Throwing where they're likely to dodge to land the arc is required, and this accomplished by analyzing your opponent's playpattern and what they they tend to "lean" when avoiding spells. Diana's skillshot is unique because of the effect path, which lets her create a zone of non-avoidance when thrown properly, and it's this zone you want to utilize. You're going to use R to get on top of them when attempting a kill after landing Q because it's unlikely you're going to get in range of them any other way.
The problem is that it takes me until mid-late game to analyze playpatterns to any useful degree... which is why I'm a MUCH better player mid-late game in general. Especially as a jungle, you're not constantly watching everyone trying to figure out how they move... you're busy with the jungle or with ganking. If you gank the same lane over and over again, you may learn something about that player... but that doesn't teach you anything about the other players.

Tihealy

12-13-2012

So.... when is hte patch going on? i'm on but no change yet ,,, well no gifting center yet in the store