Preseason Balance Update 1 - Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinterheim

12-14-2012

Diana did need a nerf, just the E and R nerf were unnecessary, she's bad at jungling now, and her R is brocken.

Lord Malice

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1sock View Post
no one likes the zyra nerfs... if it was really to stop zyra from being too strong or dominant of a support champ, make her crave money more. Simple way to do that is to give her a higher ap ratio along with the damage nerfs to her abilities, so she does less damage if underfarmed and more damage/same damage as she does now if she has decent ap.

I like playing against zyra and playing as zyra, its fun to get combos off and do tons of suprise damage, a good balance of trying to get damage in and not get your health melted. Playing against her I like how you can either choose to try and walk over a plant and just take the damage or root, or dodge both and either work on her or her plants. Different ways to deal with one champ allows you to catch them off guard, always find it hilarious when you have a movement skill and smash her seeds as she thinks shes going to melt you, its like k, try that again when you have everything on cooldown...
I couldn't agree more, I love going against a zyra support cause I can stomp on her complete lack of sustain/escape, all riot did was make zyra even harder to play as an ap mid, I just played a BOT game to see how much the nerfs affected her grasp and passive and her passive is so slow now that all the bots had to do was walk backwards and it didn't hit them... BOTS... I couldn't land it on BOTS. How about you just remove her passive all together and instead put a picture of phreak giving us the finger...

As far as grasping roots you can really feel it, obviously mid champs that counter her easily ie. Akali, Diana, Katarina, Leblanc, Fizz, etc will have an even easier time rofl stomping you and you'll be less likely to stop an incoming gank as they can now more easily dodge what was already pretty hard to land at a distance. But even worse than that the champs that you should do well against, ie. Karthus, Vlad, Ryze, Viktor, Teemo, Annie etc. will just have to walk slightly to the left or right to counter you because everyone got a move speed buff. The only thing that made zyra viable mid (post 1st nerfs) was that if you were in an emergency and you had the skill you could land a root at distance and get out of there.( no point landing a root when they on top of you, you still dead)

When you have a pure skill shot champion they should be rewarded for the skill of positioning and timing required to land combos, dont make it harder for pure skill shot champs to work, let the ppl who dont have the skill to dodge learn by getting stomped on until they get better.......

Thrashling

12-14-2012

On TT, traps set on the altar should not activate the delay for capture, otherwise Teemo mushrooms and Nidalee traps will in a great many instances prevent captures with 2 additional seconds for their team to reach the altar.

Kug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

How about buffing the store back to it's previous easy to read and sort incarnation? The current nerf really takes the fun out of playing the store.

Kurzad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Gotta love how RIOT nerfs old school champs to make them more obsolete as time goes by. Teemo never needed a Nerf! The player base refuses to build any form of MR to counter his AP. Instead of RIOT hollering that why we have MR items they instead Nerf the Champs. Its the same thing they did to Karthus, Twitch, and countless others....

Riots way of thinking "Lets Nerf b4 we Tell them to build defensively"

Treysher

12-14-2012

Just played Diana, and she didn't get nerfed too bad. She's still viable, and can still snowball if not countered well. I think it was the right thing to do. Counter her, and you're fine in lane. Let her get ahead, and you're in trouble. That's how every champion should be. She doesn't have a retreat skill, so once she's in the fight, she's in. Seems fair enough to me. Will see about the other changes after work.
On a side note, have I just not noticed the buffs having a different look? Or is that from this patch also?

Mrovik

12-14-2012

And not a single Darius nerf was given that day

Noboty

12-14-2012

We still can't smite Teemo. I am disappoint.

Nighttwing

12-14-2012

i main diana, i feel like her Q needed a nerf in damage for a while now, Her W nerf, it says that her orb detonation was reduced, meaning she can't jungle and i just played a game with her, there is no orb detonation atleast you don't feel it anymore. This also means her jungle is gonna be pretty bad early game. Diana didn't really need a Nerf in her E or R the pull has a radius almost equal to Oriana's now and her ult's range feels more like a skip than a teleport of what it used to be.

I understand she is pretty op when build right and the Q and W nerfs were needed but i nerfin her whole set, was a little over board

Shaded Dain

12-14-2012

Great, jungling with Rengar should be so much more fun.. Not.. Jeez.. But you don't nerf the overpowered support? Thanks.

Excuse me as I try to figure out a way to keep my favorite jungle up to speed..