@RIOT A serious idea to improve tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xarue

12-13-2012

Hey RIOT I was wondering If its possible for your staff or who ever works on the tribunal to make it so that the juries of the tribunal can leave a comments behind telling why they punished or parden someone so that the rusult well most likey be beneficial to the cause. The tribunal is doing its job but it could be better used if the juries would come to a unanimous decision or understanding of the judgment; im not saying that you leave the comments of all the previous juries but one random one from the case so that the judgment would be better understood and the punishment would fit the crime.I do the tribunal to keep scumbags out of the game, to make the game a better game to play and it kinda seems like some of the baddies are sliping through the cracks of the tribunal because of the clash of opinion other juries have about the case so it would be better if the juries get a second opinion on a case good or bad before the decision is made. RIOT think this through and leave a comment, all comments are welcome.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Actually, honestly, now that there's a Tribunal Elo, I think Riot should consider approaching some of the players with the highest Tribunal rating (or accuracy) and do sort of a Trial with them.

Only these select few players all hand-picked by Riot would be able to do anything, but basically, they'd write some sort of commentary to help guide the banned player.

At first, these wouldn't be sent to the players, but rather directly to Riot so they could discern whether or not this would be helpful before they start sending these comments to the player base.

Xarue

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Actually, honestly, now that there's a Tribunal Elo, I think Riot should consider approaching some of the players with the highest Tribunal rating (or accuracy) and do sort of a Trial with them.

Only these select few players all hand-picked by Riot would be able to do anything, but basically, they'd write some sort of commentary to help guide the banned player.

At first, these wouldn't be sent to the players, but rather directly to Riot so they could discern whether or not this would be helpful before they start sending these comments to the player base.
that a good idea but picking a few player to decide somthing so massive might be too much to handle, giving that there are thousands of players. Not a bad idea though.

Explodeurmum

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarue View Post
Hey RIOT I was wondering If its possible for your staff or who ever works on the tribunal to make it so that the juries of the tribunal can leave a comments behind telling why they punished or parden someone so that the rusult well most likey be beneficial to the cause. The tribunal is doing its job but it could be better used if the juries would come to a unanimous decision or understanding of the judgment; im not saying that you leave the comments of all the previous juries but one random one from the case so that the judgment would be better understood and the punishment would fit the crime.I do the tribunal to keep scumbags out of the game, to make the game a better game to play and it kinda seems like some of the baddies are sliping through the cracks of the tribunal because of the clash of opinion other juries have about the case so it would be better if the juries get a second opinion on a case good or bad before the decision is made. RIOT think this through and leave a comment, all comments are welcome.
It will result in massive comments given to those cases considering how many votes are required to reach a decision. It will increase, in unpredictable scale, of the pressure of the server in terms of both speed and storage space. And do you not expect toxic comments? I guarantee there will be plenty.

Xarue

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodeurmum View Post
It will result in massive comments given to those cases considering how many votes are required to reach a decision. It will increase, in unpredictable scale, of the pressure of the server in terms of both speed and storage space. And do you not expect toxic comments? I guarantee there will be plenty.
I understand there well be toxic comment, people have the right to say what ever all is welcome and im not asking for all the jurries comments just a little so peoples not flying blind. The cases only takes around 12 votes and less to make a decision a second opinion or someones feedback wouldnt hurt.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Honestly though, I don't think it will make a difference.

The people who can read the chat logs and understand what they did wrong don't come to the forums to ask about it.

And almost anyone who does come to the forums because they were too thick to figure it out reading their own reform card are going to argue, argue, argue, and refuse to accept that they behaved in a bannable way. It's extraordinarily rare that someone comes to these forums for clarity on why they were banned, get it explained, and then they say "Oh, okay. I'll work on that."

Reets

12-13-2012

Unfortunately the Tribunal is still in a sort of BETA phase and good ideas like what you guys posted will most likely have to wait until everything is taken care of first.

Making threads like this one where everyone is brainstorming is good and the ideas actually have a chance of being implemented. RIOT takes the time to listen to it's community and has added a lot to the game from players creating threads like this one.

You probably have a higher chance of being hear on this part of the forums too because most of it is filled up with people who can't take a hit from the Ban Hammer.

Keep it up guys!