Enjoy doing Riot's job

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammer Legion

12-13-2012

I'm done giving a **** at this point. If you want to do Riot's job for them then be my guest. The community isn't any better as far as i can see it.

You can't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

You're implying that we're the idiots?

You have absolutely, completely failed to answer a simple question that is CRUCIAL to the point you're attempting to make.

In what way is the Tribunal failing to do something that would be handled differently if Riot were handling the bans with employees rather than volunteers?

Hammer Legion

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
You're implying that we're the idiots?

You have absolutely, completely failed to answer a simple question that is CRUCIAL to the point you're attempting to make.

In what way is the Tribunal failing to do something that would be handled differently if Riot were handling the bans with employees rather than volunteers?
Employees would provide consistency. Employees would have a set of clear policies to follow, and those policies would be enforced. If an employee bans every single player that gets reported, he gets fired for it. If a player punishes every single case he reviews, he doesn't get punished for it. What are you going to do, fire a volunteer? Like he cares. One group of players may decide a case far differently than another group of players, because they're not held to a set of policies. There are automated systems that prevent players from punishing every case they review, obviously. There isn't a way to ensure consistency, however.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Lyte has said that the Tribunal is more accurate and consistent than individual employees. What this means is that if Lyte polled the whole PB&J staff on pardon or punish for any individual case, then the Tribunal is more likely to get the same verdict as the staff at large then any individual employee on the staff that made up that poll.

But even if you're right and employees would be more consistent, how does this stop players from just creating a new account? This is one of the major problems you cite with the Tribunal, yet it'd continue to exist even if PB&J handled bannings without the Tribunal.

GON the Mage Guy

12-13-2012

Ooh hoo hoo. Here's some fallacy right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Legion View Post
Employees would provide consistency. Employees would have a set of clear policies to follow, and those policies would be enforced.
And what example do you have of this where it's effective? Wait! You don't! Because you haven't given a single example of what is *supposed* to be better!

Quote:
If an employee bans every single player that gets reported, he gets fired for it.
Not if they deserved it.

Quote:
If a player punishes every single case he reviews, he doesn't get punished for it.
Yeah he does. People that spam punish get their ability to vote taken away. Same with reporting, if you're spamming reports, your reports now mean nothing.

Quote:
One group of players may decide a case far differently than another group of players, because they're not held to a set of policies.
The beauty of the system is that it happens far more in favor of the players, and that being the case, the really bad offenders get sent back and judged again with a new group. Perfect? No more than your "rogue agent banning spree" hypothesis.

Quote:
What are you going to do, fire a volunteer? Like he cares. There are automated systems that prevent players from punishing every case they review, obviously. There isn't a way to ensure consistency, however.
But wait! I thought we weren't volunteers, since we aren't doing volunteer work, we're doing Riot's job and should be paid!

Why would someone do something as a volunteer? Either to help out because they want to, or to troll the system. The system's not easily trolled, which leaves folks that want to actually help.

Why should there be consistency in an inconsistent thing like a community? The community's determining what's okay and not okay, and Riot's got a loose set of rules they want to uphold. A small percentage is actually banned while the rest get to play. I don't quite get what you're not getting, here.

Hammer Legion

12-13-2012

People creating new accounts when they get suspended by tribunal isn't a problem with the tribunal, nor did I say it was. It's a problem that the tribunal doesn't do anything to fix however.

The very same community that judges on tribunal cases would most likely have me banned for stating my opinion of the tribunal on this forum. The very same community that judges on tribunal cases has trolled this thread endlessly, providing very little constructive argument, and instead choosing to pick apart insignificant details of my post rather than the main point. The very same community that judges on tribunal cases most likely participates in the same toxic behavior they're supposed to be judging.

Hammer Legion

12-13-2012

1.4% of all players have been punished by the tribunal, and 50% of all punished players didn't offend again. Yet in 75% of the games I play, there is at least one toxic player.

Reedonidas

12-13-2012

I would like some sort of reward for those who do the Tribunal well.

GON the Mage Guy

12-13-2012

Quote:
People creating new accounts when they get suspended by tribunal isn't a problem with the tribunal, nor did I say it was. It's a problem that the tribunal doesn't do anything to fix however.

The very same community that judges on tribunal cases would most likely have me banned for stating my opinion of the tribunal on this forum. The very same community that judges on tribunal cases has trolled this thread endlessly, providing very little constructive argument, and instead choosing to pick apart insignificant details of my post rather than the main point. The very same community that judges on tribunal cases most likely participates in the same toxic behavior they're supposed to be judging.
You don't have a main point, only insignificant details. Just because you refuse to understand or care about anything but your own point doesn't make our arguments invalid.

You've also argued your own insignificant points. I'm not sure at this point where the hell you're wanting to go with this.

gnfnrf

12-13-2012

Quote:
I'm trying to point out how easy it is to get you to do my work for me. All I have to do is give you some numbers you can compare with your friends to show them how much better you are.
Oh? How's that working out for you?