Enjoy doing Riot's job

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Legion View Post
Would you volunteer to do paperwork for your local grocery store if not obligated to do so through some high school volunteer requirement, community service, etc? Of course you wouldn't, because they should be paying you to do so. How is this case any different? You're volunteering to do paperwork for a company that profits. You're saving them money. They're providing you with nothing in return.
Your analogy is horrendously terrible.

I'm not volunteering to do paperwork for Riot.

I'm voting on whether or not I want a particular sort of behavior in my community. And would I do that in my own community? I absolutely DO do that in my own community. Any time you vote in a federal or state election, you're doing that in your own community. Any time you vote on any of the ballot issues that come up in your county or city throughout the year, you're doing the exactly the same thing as I do when I vote in the Tribunal.

Kirska

12-13-2012

What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish with this post? If you don't feel any desire to participate in the Tribunal, then don't. No one is forcing you to.

Hammer Legion

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
It's not about money.

It's about letting the community decide what they will and won't tolerate in their own community. This is a far better system then some faceless entity issuing bans because that employee had a particularly bad day.

And the fact that banned players make a new account isn't really a Tribunal issue. That's a banning issue. If you kept everything about the bans the same, just changed the fact that a Riot employee decided pardon/punish rather than the Tribunal, then banned players can and would still create new accounts.
I'm not arguing that the tribunal is bad. I'm arguing that the tribunal without compensation is bad. I honestly doubt this will go anywhere though. Sadly there are too many sheep that have grown up a slave. Naturally they will embrace something like this as if it's the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel.

Hammer Legion

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish with this post? If you don't feel any desire to participate in the Tribunal, then don't. No one is forcing you to.
I'm trying to point out how easy it is to get you to do my work for me. All I have to do is give you some numbers you can compare with your friends to show them how much better you are.

KiII Yourself

12-13-2012

Quote:
You forget:
a) the employees assigning the punishments
You mean the punishments which are entirely automated, and of which only a small fraction are ever reviewed for accuracy?

Quote:
b) the employees supporting and developing the tribunal
c) the employees doing manual audits
d) the employees developing other report systems, like leaver ban system
e) the employees testing said systems internally
f) the employees analyzing effectiveness of said systems and making high level design decisions

But yeah we're "doing their job".

Do you REALLY believe that Riot would leave a banning system (a system which LOSES profit after a certain threshold by eliminating potential customers) completely in the hands of the players to SAVE money?
You've got to be king of the dumb hicks to believe that an automated system is more expensive to run than having sufficient employees to manually review hundreds of thousands of cases.

Kirska

12-13-2012

Quote:
Would you volunteer to do paperwork for your local grocery store if not obligated to do so through some high school volunteer requirement, community service, etc? Of course you wouldn't, because they should be paying you to do so. How is this case any different? You're volunteering to do paperwork for a company that profits. You're saving them money. They're providing you with nothing in return.
I do paperwork for the animal shelter down the street from me every Saturday noon to 2 pm and various as needed times during the week, not counting my responsibilities as the webmaster for another organization. I have easily logged a couple hundred hours this year all things considered.

Just because you are selfish doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

Kirska

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiII Yourself View Post
You mean the punishments which are entirely automated, and of which only a small fraction are ever reviewed for accuracy?

You've got to be king of the dumb hicks to believe that an automated system is more expensive to run than having sufficient employees to manually review hundreds of thousands of cases.
When the automated system is automatically banning paying customers, it's not that simple. Please stop trolling.

Please see: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...13571#19413571
Quote:
Riot want to make profit, and more people it bans the less potential profit Riot will make.
So it is in Riot’s best interest to only ban players that Riot deemed harmful. Based on this logic, there are motivation and financial incentive for Riot to make sure the Tribunal work as accurately as possible. It is also why Riot places so many additional internal checks.

Hammer Legion

12-13-2012

Quote:
I do paperwork for the animal shelter down the street from me every Saturday noon to 2 pm and various as needed times during the week, not counting my responsibilities as the webmaster for another organization. I have easily logged a couple hundred hours this year all things considered.

Just because you are selfish doesn't mean the rest of the world is.
Does said shelter pull a profit? No, it doesn't. There's no other option BUT volunteer work for this. This is completely acceptable. Riot however profits. Therefore them getting you to do their job for them, is unacceptable in my eyes.

Hammer Legion

12-13-2012

Quote:
When the automated system is automatically banning paying customers, it's not that simple. Please stop trolling.
See my above post. Trust me, it's not hurting Riot's profits any.

Kirska

12-13-2012

Quote:
See my above post. Trust me, it's not hurting Riot's profits any.
Check my edit please.

123456 ... 7