Enjoy doing Riot's job

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammer Legion

Junior Member

12-13-2012

So IP wasn't that great of a reward in the first place. Honestly in the time it took me to review 20 cases I could have played a game and got more IP. Not to mention I'm not keen on doing Riot's job without some sort of fair compensation. Fair compensation to me is RP. After all, by doing Riot's job for free, I'm saving them money, so it's only fair that they save me some money in return.

Now riot turns up with some bull**** excuse "our statistics we pulled out of our ass say that people who review cases for the 'fun' of it are more accurate". No more IP rewards.

And the sheep say?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theshim

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Baa.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GON the Mage Guy

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Legion View Post
So IP wasn't that great of a reward in the first place. Honestly in the time it took me to review 20 cases I could have played a game and got more IP. Not to mention I'm not keen on doing Riot's job without some sort of fair compensation. Fair compensation to me is RP. After all, by doing Riot's job for free, I'm saving them money, so it's only fair that they save me some money in return.

Now riot turns up with some bull**** excuse "our statistics we pulled out of our ass say that people who review cases for the 'fun' of it are more accurate". No more IP rewards.

And the sheep say?
Nope.avi


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-13-2012

It's not a job. It's volunteer work.

What does volunteer work normally mean? Well, in your own community where ever you live, volunteer work may mean something like helping out in a soup kitchen or picking up litter. Whatever it is, it's time that you're volunteering to make your community a better place.

And that's what the Tribunal is. Players (members of the LoL community) vote on pardon/punish on Tribunal cases in order to make the community a better place by excusing people who deserve to be pardoned and punishing toxic players that make the community less fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirska

Senior Member

12-13-2012

You forget:
a) the employees assigning the punishments
b) the employees supporting and developing the tribunal
c) the employees doing manual audits
d) the employees developing other report systems, like leaver ban system
e) the employees testing said systems internally
f) the employees analyzing effectiveness of said systems and making high level design decisions

But yeah we're "doing their job".

Do you REALLY believe that Riot would leave a banning system (a system which LOSES profit after a certain threshold by eliminating potential customers) completely in the hands of the players to SAVE money?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammer Legion

Junior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
You forget:
a) the employees assigning the punishments
b) the employees supporting and developing the tribunal
c) the employees doing manual audits
d) the employees developing other report systems, like leaver ban system
e) the employees testing said systems internally
f) the employees analyzing effectiveness of said systems and making high level design decisions

But yeah we're "doing their job".

Do you REALLY believe that Riot would leave a banning system (a system which LOSES profit after a certain threshold by eliminating potential customers) completely in the hands of the players to SAVE money?
What about the employees filtering through all the reports, to find the reports that are accurate, and the ones that aren't? Oh that's right, Riot has delegated that job to us, the people they make money off. Next they'll want us to do their paperwork too. And the sheep says?

Banning players actually does quite the opposite. The players that get banned most likely won't stop playing. They most likely won't stop telling their friends about the game (free word of mouth advertising). And odds are, they'll most likely buy new skins, for the new, unbanned account.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammer Legion

Junior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
It's not a job. It's volunteer work.

What does volunteer work normally mean? Well, in your own community where ever you live, volunteer work may mean something like helping out in a soup kitchen or picking up litter. Whatever it is, it's time that you're volunteering to make your community a better place.

And that's what the Tribunal is. Players (members of the LoL community) vote on pardon/punish on Tribunal cases in order to make the community a better place by excusing people who deserve to be pardoned and punishing toxic players that make the community less fun.
Would you volunteer to do paperwork for your local grocery store if not obligated to do so through some high school volunteer requirement, community service, etc? Of course you wouldn't, because they should be paying you to do so. How is this case any different? You're volunteering to do paperwork for a company that profits. You're saving them money. They're providing you with nothing in return.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GON the Mage Guy

Senior Member

12-13-2012

I like all the data the OP has to back this up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-13-2012

It's not about money.

It's about letting the community decide what they will and won't tolerate in their own community. This is a far better system then some faceless entity issuing bans because that employee had a particularly bad day.


And the fact that banned players make a new account isn't really a Tribunal issue. That's a banning issue. If you kept everything about the bans the same, just changed the fact that a Riot employee decided pardon/punish rather than the Tribunal, then banned players can and would still create new accounts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammer Legion

Junior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
I like all the data the OP has to back this up.
Should I pull a Riot Games and grab some statistics from my anus for you?


12345 ... 7