I thought you wouldn't be sent to the Tribunal for one game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aze Naku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Didn't Riot say you can't be sent to the Tribunal for a single report/game?

I keep seeing people in the Tribunal cases I reviewed who were reported 1 time in 1 game.

Did I misunderstand something?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

You're not sent the Tribunal for a single game. The Tribunal doesn't display every game you've been reported in. It displays a random sampling of games you've been reported in once your report rate reaches a certain percentage.

Although, with that said, to keep in line with their statement that you can't be banned for 1 game, I certainly think there's no reason for a reform card to ever contain a single game.

Reets

12-13-2012

The majority of the Single Game cases are players who have already had a warning.

Aze Naku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
their statement that you can't be banned for 1 game
So you can't be banned for one game, but can be sent to the tribunal for a single report?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reets View Post
The majority of the Single Game cases are players who have already had a warning.
How do you know that?

theshim

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzeNaku View Post
So you can't be banned for one game, but can be sent to the tribunal for a single report?
Neither. To build a Tribunal case requires a very substantial number of reports.

The case itself draws from your recent history, and - regrettably, IMO - can only consist of one game, but you cannot be sent to the Tribunal without a significant number of reports against you.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzeNaku View Post
No. you can't be sent to the Tribunal for a single report.

According to Riot...

1) The average player is reported in 1-2% of his matches.

2) Players that go to the Tribunal are reported in 15-30% of their matches.

3) Given that Riot cites this percentage as 15-30%, the minimum number of matches for the sample size must be 20 matches.

4) Being reported one time in a 20 match sample size would result in only a 5% report weight, which is not high enough to be sent to the Tribunal.

If the sample size is only 20 matches, you must have been reported in at least 3 of them in order to even go to the Tribunal. I'm actually fairly certain that the sample size is larger than 20 matches however.

Additionally, on top of a report percentage, there is a minimum threshold of total reports that must have been made on you before the system even looks at your report ratio.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

I would still insist, however, that because it definitely requires being reported in multiple games to reach the Tribunal (even if you've been there before), there's no reason for any single-game cases to exist.

GON the Mage Guy

12-13-2012

Quote:
I would still insist, however, that because it definitely requires being reported in multiple games to reach the Tribunal (even if you've been there before), there's no reason for any single-game cases to exist.
See, this is a legitimate issue with the Tribunal, and can be backed up, because there are cases with only one. As opposed to "TRBIUNAL IS BROEK REMOOV IT BECAUSE I HAVE MY OWN MADE UP STATS"

Aze Naku

12-13-2012

Quote:
There's no reason for any single-game cases to exist.
Yeah, but for some reason I get those dropped into my lap frequently.

Usually, it's 5/7/11 Intentionally Feeding or Verbal Abuse/Offensive Language when the reported user has said nothing.

Reets

12-13-2012

Quote:
If a player is following the Summoners Code and still gets reported by a spiteful player, the case will and should go to the tribunal because every report is treated the same as they should be.

Yes players do get reported even when they are following the Summoners Code and it doesn't mean that they weren't just because they were reported. In this situation, the decision is a pardon.