Ardor, The Most Useless Higher Tier Mastery

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dwarfling

10-13-2010

4% AP and AS at lv18 for a tier 5 mastery is awfully bad. There aren't many Champions that use both stats anyway, AP champs generally go 9/0/21 for MPen, MP5 and CDR. I prefer to put 0 pts in it and take Strenght of Spirit instead when going for Tenacity. Having some extra HP5 ain't as bad as +4% AS.

sierskan

10-13-2010

i've actually never gone with 21 points in the offense or the defensive tree. There are few exceptions from when i was a noob, but really i don't think any of them are worth it. Not in comparison to other masteries i can get.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyqula View Post
Havoc "****"? Take a basic spell of 300 damage and a avarage AP ratio of 0.8. Without AP havic increases the damage equal to a amount of 18.75 AP, quite strong early game. If you had 375 AP havoc would increase your damage equal to 37.5 AP. Thats quite decent.
300 dmg early game? Duh... anyway, 300 dmg vs. 315 dmg? Whilst you could have pimped ghost/flash and CDs on those reduced even more, 3% MS, 5mp5, 30% buff duration, 5% exp...? noway :P

DonVadim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

It is not worth to put 21 on utility or in offence with vladimir (you are wasting points like 4 points AT LEAST to get something decent).
So the answer is: Vladimir.

Fluffy1

10-13-2010

18.75 AP worth? if you deal 100 damage thats 5 whole damage more, if you deal 1000 damage thats 50 damage more....an extra level 1 auto attack for every 1000 damage dealt. thats pretty useless compared to the godlike utility tree.

malphismia

10-13-2010

i only go as high as 19 on offense tree (11 for ArPen champs), 16 on defense tree (veteran scars), and 19(clair)/21 on utility. usually always spec up utility tree on every champ though

Carados

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
strength of spirit is often one of the best masteries there is
Except for the part where it gives late game HP Regeneration, when HP regeneration is worthless past early game.

HP Regeneration isn't survability past the point in a game where you're forced to be harassing players for long periods of time.

CrazyCranium

Recruiter

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Except for the part where it gives late game HP Regeneration, when HP regeneration is worthless past early game.

HP Regeneration isn't survability past the point in a game where you're forced to be harassing players for long periods of time.
Yes, health regen is an early game stat, but early game it is amazing. It gives you tons of lane staying power and makes it more difficult for the enemy to harass you out of lane.

I agree that it is useless late game, but so are tons of other masteries late game.

Carados

10-13-2010

You aren't getting much HP regeneration out of strength of spirit until late game.

CrazyCranium

Recruiter

10-13-2010

half a regrowth pendant by level 6 is not significant to you? Sure its not going to heal you to full by standing around for 30 seconds,, but it allows you to shrug off most minor early harassment.