Ardor, The Most Useless Higher Tier Mastery

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbyssalTerror

10-12-2010

Does anyone actually put points into Ardor? Only tanks put enough points into defensive masteries to actually reach ardor and it is fairly useless for all of them. A 4% attack speed and AP boost is worthless on pretty much every tank. Champions such as Mordekaiser benefit much more from 9/0/21 builds. So what do you think? Is Ardor actually viable?

Carados

10-12-2010

It's one of the bad trap masteries, along with Strength of Spirit, Preservance, and whatever the attack speed mastery is.

Gojira Scorn

10-12-2010

In the entire mastery tree, there are 6 skills total that I say make a noticable (although slight) difference in any game.

Mastery trees need to be looked at terribly.

xahhfink6

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
It's one of the bad trap masteries, along with Strength of Spirit, Preservance, and whatever the attack speed mastery is.
strength of spirit is often one of the best masteries there is

M4nTiCoR3

10-12-2010

Im not so sure Havok isn't worse than Ardor...5% damage buff is worthless till late game on most carries, and even then you drop a foe in the same 3-5 strikes it always would have taken you. Considering that champs have thousdands of HP....even with 1000 DPS, Havok only buffs your damage by +50?!?!?! Just sad really. Though i will grant you that Ardor takes 3 points and Havok is only wasting one...so maybe it is the worst.

[edit]

And yes...SoS is useful on some champs in the early laning...the buff is per second, so it yeilds around +6 Hp/5 for most champs, which is significant early game.

Fluffy1

10-13-2010

the higher tiers in both offensive an defensive are kinda **** i cant justify going past the hp in defense or past the armour pen at the most for offensive, been running a 0/7/23 lately since strength in spirit is amazing.

Ulfhednar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

i know nunu benefits a bit from ardor, but like most masteries, its just filler points so you can reach the final tier.

Kantrix

10-13-2010

I noticed that the masteries, in general, were relatively weak. I am guessing that this is BY DESIGN. Why? Because it levels the playing field, so to speak, between level 30 and non level 30 players. In other words, level 30's get a bonus for their longer playing time, but not such an overwhelming bonus that they totally dominate all lower level summoners.

While sad, this is actually a "good" game design principle, since we want as many people playing as possible.

SuperChoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantrix View Post
I noticed that the masteries, in general, were relatively weak. I am guessing that this is BY DESIGN. Why? Because it levels the playing field, so to speak, between level 30 and non level 30 players. In other words, level 30's get a bonus for their longer playing time, but not such an overwhelming bonus that they totally dominate all lower level summoners.

While sad, this is actually a "good" game design principle, since we want as many people playing as possible.
Which is why runes have three tiers, cost thousands to fill a page, and require you to be level 20 to unlock all the slots...right?

skyqula

10-13-2010

Havoc "****"? Take a basic spell of 300 damage and a avarage AP ratio of 0.8. Without AP havic increases the damage equal to a amount of 18.75 AP, quite strong early game. If you had 375 AP havoc would increase your damage equal to 37.5 AP. Thats quite decent.