Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Featured Discussion] PC Cafes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bassan8or

12-13-2012

Prepare for wall of text.....

I own 2 LAN cafe's in hawaii. Both on the island of oahu.

we run League of legends events all the time.

on thursdays we have random thursdays at our aiea location. We require 20 people before we start. And take the 4 highest skilled or higher ELO players, and make them the team leaders. then we randomize everyone else. We know how good each player is, so we of course do not let the teams get stacked too much. we try and keep it fair and as fun as it can be. For this event the first place team gets 10 free hours, and 2nd place gets 5 free hours.

Every 3 months or so we have our larger cash prize events. In the last 6 months though, we have had 4 events. We did a tech expo $500 cash prize tournament. We did a anime convention called HEXXP, with cash prize. Last week we did Hot Import Nights in honolulu, tournament which was a qualifier for our ggcircuit that we are apart of.
Then on the 15th and 16th we have our roll call tournament where we are expecting 120-150 people to attend. Roll Call $1000* Cash Prize tournament (https://www.facebook.com/events/477454228942364/)

We also do our own seeding for players, we have a database of over 200 people that have competed in our tournaments over the last year. We keep track of their ELO, along with our internal point system based off where they score on previous tournaments. then we add them together and average that info for the entire team. to figure out the Seed for them during our tournaments.

As for our store information our Main store is:
PC Gamerz Aiea
99-082 kauhale street #B12
aiea, HI 96701
(808) 486-0402
https://www.facebook.com/PCGamerzHI

PC Gamerz Kaneohe
45-934 Kamehameha HWY #C1
kaneohe, HI 96744
(808) 234-5333
https://www.facebook.com/pcgamerzkaneohe

lambbert

12-13-2012

i was looking at my closest PC cafe graphixgaming in Maryland. I have heard about the place before but from what the website shows they have consoles but don't actually have house computers so i don't think a Console Cafe should be on the list for LOL players.

bassan8or

12-13-2012

Quote:
lambert1938:
i was looking at my closest PC cafe graphixgaming in Maryland. I have heard about the place before but from what the website shows they have consoles but don't actually have house computers so i don't think a Console Cafe should be on the list for LOL players.

you should go tell them to get computers...

rottim

12-13-2012

I guess I just don't see the appeal in something like this.

First you have travel expenses to get to the location. That could be negligible depending on your distance.

Then you have to pay to play a game that's free if I just stayed at home.

On top of that you now are face to face with the same people who rage and troll in game, only now they get to do it in person?

Maybe I'm pessimistic but it just seems like a lot of trouble for getting stressed out.

ruiner5000

12-13-2012

https://www.facebook.com/gamerepublik/events
Game Republik in Austin since 2006. We have been doing LoL LAN tourneys for a year and a half.

Also XG in San Antonio is one you are missing.

Draktok

12-13-2012

Quote:
rottim:
I guess I just don't see the appeal in something like this.

First you have travel expenses to get to the location. That could be negligible depending on your distance.

Then you have to pay to play a game that's free if I just stayed at home.

On top of that you now are face to face with the same people who rage and troll in game, only now they get to do it in person?

Maybe I'm pessimistic but it just seems like a lot of trouble for getting stressed out.

It's more the comradery you can develop being with people. It's fun to get together with your team and stomp people IRL - plus a face behind the player makes things more interesting IMO. (Never judge a person by his looks for LoL... or any video game).
Also not all cafe's make you pay to play if you bring your own laptop, though some do.

morrkevi

12-13-2012

Pfft I thought Riot was a Canadian made company in Vancouver. Yet he says "North America" without Canada on the map... Very sad.

Radeachar

12-13-2012

Ahh, the closest one to me is in Chino, CA. I live in Rancho Cucamonga... If anyone can find one for me closer, would infinitely appreciate it! <3

Draktok

12-13-2012

I emailed you guys, please remove the MN listing. I tweeted to kara or w/e as well, but i emailed all the details about the red sector place that no longer exists. A quick google search of the term would tell you that.

Vanille

Recruiter

12-13-2012

Battle & Brew, Atlanta, GA. Confirmed Lol cafe.