[Featured Discussion] PC Cafes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aametherar

12-15-2012

Looked up the one in LA, the reviews are pretty horrible, not a place I'd even want to try.

Why not set up a LAN room at riot for people visiting LA? Just throw a QA tester in there. :P

Glutting

12-15-2012

I use to have a local PC cafe called "Advanced pc", My brother and I would always go there to play counterstrike. Both my local PC cafe's have closed down years ago , I don't know why.. They were always packed.

CorpseMoney

12-15-2012

There used to be a good one in Squirrel Hill (Pittsburgh), PA. But its gone now T_T

Amorfis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

What about us, the poor players that live in EU but play on the NA server? (Personally i did it by mistake, but unfortunately i realized it over one year later, which means---> 30 levels and over 10.000 RP later TT_TT)
What do we do?

PS: You native Americans think you know what lag is. Cute. x]

bassan8or

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GekkoST View Post
Don't do it, It's a trap!

PC cafe's and wifi hotspots seem like a good idea.. until it's rush hour for the place, the broadband is exhausted by the group of kids that for some reason need their cellphones to be connected to the internet while they eat or use a computer or do something else completely unrelated to their cell phone and you

GET DISCONECTED or LAG SO HARD that you can't play properly.

Yeah Net cafe's are great. Until you get banned from your LOL account. Don't believe me? thats fine it's not like I'm speaking from experience or anything. It's not like the only two times I've been banned were because of how I kept lagging out and getting disconnected and getting hit hard by the leaver buster. It's not like my alt account became my main account because of the bans. Oh wait...

You want to play LOL in public places? make sure the place you are has a good connection that doesn't get lagged out by multiple people being connected to it. Otherwise you're better off just going over to your friends house or having them over.
For most LAN centers they utilize load balancing, and multiple internet connections with proxy servers internally.

Both of my lan centers, in hawaii have 2 internet connections.
We do not give out wifi to anyone.
The gaming traffic goes over our higher speed line. and our internet for firefox is proxy'd off to our slower dsl line.

When someone is on youtube or facebook they do not bother our gaming line with lag.

Also most LAN centers do not allow downloads. we block all downloads. We do this mainly for security reasons, as we do not want viruses on our computers. compromising customers accounts.

as for your personal experience, you should have talked to the owners of the LAN center. get them to change their ways, if they do not then they are not a true LAN center.

Drčam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Australia lol! :3

Gunnar

12-15-2012

just so you know im pretty sure gamers cave in boise was shut down

Gunnar

12-15-2012

kk just checked. Gamers Cave in boise Idaho is shut down. even their website has been shut down. I can not find any known operating PC Cafes in Boise.

RagingSniper

12-15-2012

A map of the USA....
It's almost like we all play on an NA server.

Infectious

12-15-2012

We used to have two Cyber cafes here but they've both closed down.
Not enough popularity with gaming, or LAN gaming for that matter, in my small-ish town.