Solution to "leavers"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Trist Utah

12-10-2012

Forgive me if this isn't the correct area to be posting this, seemed to be the most relevant since there wasn't really a forum i could see to plop this thing down.

As you are all aware, leaving a game causes a dramatic disadvantage for your team mates. And i'm sure you all have wanted to leave a horrible game where your teamed with AFK'ers or people with dramatic differences in game-play skill and experience. This creates an equally irritating scenario, however theres no solution to this one.

So i'd like to suggest that a mid-game entry que be introduced. Now i know what you're thinking. "They'll be level 1 and so far behind it wont matter that theyre even there." To counter this, i'd suggest taking a cumulative average of all your team mates earned currency and levels, and grant them to the entering player.

For example, 20 minutes into the game someone leaves.

There is a level 10 whos earned 5k, a level 15 whos eared 9k, a level 14 with 8k, and a level 13 with 8k remaining in the game. The average level on this team would be level 13, so you as the entering player would start the game at level 13, and you would be given the average gold amount that has been earned among your team. In this case, 7.5k gold.

Now, This isn't to say that a "leaver" shouldn't be penalized, perhaps a 30-60 minute lockout of games for leaving more than 1 game in 24 hours, but i think bans or suspensions are a bit heavy, lets face it. LoL games are LONG and if you're paired with people you don't enjoy playing with, whether it be personality conflicts, gameplay errors, or just lack of team work, 30-90 minutes is a LONG time to sit and endure a crappy experience.

Firefly303

Recruiter

12-10-2012

I like it! i doubt Riot will incorporate it though Itll probably put more stress on the servers. they already kind of do in this dominion. I remember when my client froze and i had to reconnect that i continued to level up despite being afk.

Jegalo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly303 View Post
I like it! i doubt Riot will incorporate it though Itll probably put more stress on the servers. they already kind of do in this dominion. I remember when my client froze and i had to reconnect that i continued to level up despite being afk.
That's because in dominion you passively get EXP... Anyways, I think this is a good idea!