You can't get banned for having a bad game-- are you kidding me?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobo Lord View Post
You don't get it do you, the cases shown in the OP were not punishable, that means the tribunal messed up by punishing this case unless they had the psychic power to see the rest of the games he was reported in.

Lyte gave the same response to another player who needed to be banned, but his tribunal case was actually mild. The tribunal messed up there again, you never accept this, I mean, imagine the same case came up for a player who was INCORRECTLY reported 45 times.
So your contradicting the Riot Red in charge of Player Behavior ... I think WookieeCookie knows what hes talking about. Not a battle your going to win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
This is largely true. We've found that the Tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received MANY reports, in MANY games, from MANY people, the system will then go through your Reported Games and randomly select them for a Tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

In this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a Tribunal Case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the Tribunal System with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 Day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 Games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in League of Legends.
Think about that. 1 player vs. 405 ruined experiences in League of Legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a Tribunal Case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your AP Items on a caster and buying AD Items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the Fountain because your Surrender Vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's Ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but I'm not sure I believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

Because right now, what you're doing isn't working.
blah blah blah...

"we're right and you're wrong; deal with it"

and somehow people think this is an acceptable defense for an extremely faulty system whose flaws are displayed every single day. for example, you just also commented on another thread where an extremely toxic player was pardoned by a majority with the reasoning that it's a "phenomenon". it's amazing to me that people can actually believe this ****. if someone is unjustly punished, it's because of a phenomenon. if someone is unjustly pardoned, it's due to a phenomenon. and then when pointing out that no system is perfect, you admit the tribunal is flawed but you will never point to examples where it is. you always defend the tribunal no matter what like it's perfect. so is it perfect or not? because your defense makes no sense otherwise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rabid Teemo View Post
blah blah blah...

"we're right and you're wrong; deal with it"

and somehow people think this is an acceptable defense for an extremely faulty system whose flaws are displayed every single day. for example, you just also commented on another thread where an extremely toxic player was pardoned by a majority with the reasoning that it's a "phenomenon". it's amazing to me that people can actually believe this ****. if someone is unjustly punished, it's because of a phenomenon. if someone is unjustly pardoned, it's due to a phenomenon. and then when pointing out that no system is perfect, you admit the tribunal is flawed but you will never point to examples where it is. you always defend the tribunal no matter what like it's perfect. so is it perfect or not? because your defense makes no sense otherwise.
Unjustly punished? You have no clue man. Someone who is unjustly punished will they ever face the tribunal again? Statistics say only 0.7 or 1.4% ever face the tribunal again. So 50% of people punished never face the tribunal again. So anyone unjustly punished will have a CLEAN slate and will never go above a warning ever. You have no ground to stand on. The tribunal works to keep out toxic players. That is probably what makes you mad =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
Unjustly punished? You have no clue man. Someone who is unjustly punished will they ever face the tribunal again? Statistics say only 0.7 or 1.4% ever face the tribunal again. So 50% of people punished never face the tribunal again. So anyone unjustly punished will have a CLEAN slate and will never go above a warning ever. You have no ground to stand on. The tribunal works to keep out toxic players. That is probably what makes you mad =)
So unjustly banning someone for 3 days and taking away their ability to use things they paid for is ok because "it won't happen again"? Dafuq? And considering this happens to thousands of players, I'm sure, how is that acceptable? Sure, totally makes sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rabid Teemo View Post
So unjustly banning someone for 3 days and taking away their ability to use things they paid for is ok because "it won't happen again"? Dafuq? And considering this happens to thousands of players, I'm sure, how is that acceptable? Sure, totally makes sense.
If you understand anything I said you would have undestood that a warning doesn not stop people from playing the game. Honestly you think innocent people get banned? Then make sure Santa knows what you want for Christmas ....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Hobo Lord

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
So your contradicting the Riot Red in charge of Player Behavior ... I think WookieeCookie knows what hes talking about. Not a battle your going to win.
Well there is no counter argument for my argument, other than "in Riot we trust" so that should speak for itself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobo Lord View Post
Well there is no counter argument for my argument, other than "in Riot we trust" so that should speak for itself.
You have a point. I mean but I do trust Riot lol you got to trust someone am I right =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rabid Teemo

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
If you understand anything I said you would have undestood that a warning doesn not stop people from playing the game. Honestly you think innocent people get banned? Then make sure Santa knows what you want for Christmas ....
A warning? Who is talking about a warning? I've seen thread after thread where this has happened and I just read a different thread that wookie commented on where someone called his teammates pieces of **** and autistic and he was pardoned by a majority. You really have a slam dunk case here defending the indefensible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rabid Teemo View Post
A warning? Who is talking about a warning? I've seen thread after thread where this has happened and I just read a different thread that wookie commented on where someone called his teammates pieces of **** and autistic and he was pardoned by a majority. You really have a slam dunk case here defending the indefensible.
I am fine with 1000 guilty people getting a break as long as 1 innocent person is not punished with a ban. Because the guilty people will eventually get sorted out =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTLegacy

Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
This is largely true. We've found that the Tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received MANY reports, in MANY games, from MANY people, the system will then go through your Reported Games and randomly select them for a Tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

In this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a Tribunal Case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the Tribunal System with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 Day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 Games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in League of Legends.
Think about that. 1 player vs. 405 ruined experiences in League of Legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a Tribunal Case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your AP Items on a caster and buying AD Items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the Fountain because your Surrender Vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's Ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but I'm not sure I believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

Because right now, what you're doing isn't working.
I'd like to know if there's 45 reports.. why does tribunal only come up with 2? surely there can be a larger sample from which to show reports other then random games in which a report has happened.

I'd also like to point out the OP's point that having the "girl" in her name and just think for a minute exactly how many of those 405 players also showed toxic behavior towards her... In just those 2 reports, 4 or 5 of the players also showed toxic behavior, because she's a girl, or playing poorly, or trying new things.

I sometimes find it hard to bite my tongue when someone is blaming me for things that aren't my fault. Getting a bad support or someone stealing all my farm and being raged on b/c I only have 30 CS.. i'm a "CS pro" and all sorts of name calling. So what do you do? you are reported for doing bad, reported if you leave, reported if you say anything back.
What if someone is truly a really bad player? they will literally have dozens of reports, and out of those 50 reports, the 2 that show up in tribunal might be the ones you lost your cool and you're banned because of it?

I think the Riot team needs to sit down and ask themselves is this system really the best system. Last I heard there is someone from Riot that looks at all the tribunal results before deciding to suspend that specific person but now i'm hearing everything is now automated. You really have to admit that no system is flawless and with millions of players, even just a .5% error margin will end up in roughly 1000 players who could potentially be falsely suspended. (10M actives x top 2% toxic x .5% error)
99.5% is a VERY good record, but just the mass amounts of players, there will most certainly be borderline cases IMO