You can't get banned for having a bad game-- are you kidding me?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ankokukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingbox View Post
Lyte has already said that "premade trolling" is a myth in the tribunal and people have not been banned due to "premade troll" votes.
So... stop that. It's not a conspiracy that you're banned, you're just a jerk toward your team via passive aggressiveness and it needs to stop.
Maybe people dont get banned (or at least that's why they make you believe)
but preamdes RUIN experience and that's not a myth, and anyone that says that they have enver been bullied and having their experience painful because a premade is downright lying

oh, and btw, i have never been warned ~ let alone being banned, it doesnt change my point, though ~ that premades make experience a pain, because they can team up and threaten you with their 4-man reports, that will count towards your report count

NoobMascot

12-13-2012

I don't buy it.
I hate how Riot says you get reported a lot of times to appear in the tribunal yet won't always display 5 cases.
If the person in the game is so toxic, go ahead and do it already.

chriglol

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
This is largely true. We've found that the Tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received MANY reports, in MANY games, from MANY people, the system will then go through your Reported Games and randomly select them for a Tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

In this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a Tribunal Case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the Tribunal System with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 Day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 Games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in League of Legends.
Think about that. 1 player vs. 405 ruined experiences in League of Legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a Tribunal Case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your AP Items on a caster and buying AD Items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the Fountain because your Surrender Vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's Ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but I'm not sure I believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

Because right now, what you're doing isn't working.

If those scenarios you pointed out are true, not sure if you were using examples or not, AFKing is the only one who would even deserve a punishment....depending on the state of the current game he AFKed. Your team down 40-0? Yea no point.

The other 2 options? They're choices you can make in the game. If you don't want players ulting creeps...make it so they can't. Butthurt, insecure, players and Riot failing to acknowledge their own mistakes.

Edit: Had to point out your awful reason on being "toxic" to 405 players. 45 games. All it takes is 1 player to report....not all 9 others. Once again, Riot trying to defend themselves for them being inadequate. Lets throw huge made up numbers at people to sound right!

chriglol

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobMascot View Post
I don't buy it.
I hate how Riot says you get reported a lot of times to appear in the tribunal yet won't always display 5 cases.
If the person in the game is so toxic, go ahead and do it already.

Truth. Show us all 45 reports so we can make a proper vote. Don't show us 2 out of the "45".

ashtray4joo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Wookie, why do you guys use randomly selected games? These kinds of threads pop up so often with the cases in the reform card looking mild or even innocent.

My guess would be because they could be accused of tainting the process. For example, if player A gets reported 100 times and they pick the two most tame games themselves they have helped to pardon him. Likewise, if a player has been reported 20 times and they pick the 2 most rabidly flaming games they have all but assured punishment.

Caristinn

12-14-2012

Quote:
If those scenarios you pointed out are true, not sure if you were using examples or not, AFKing is the only one who would even deserve a punishment....depending on the state of the current game he AFKed. Your team down 40-0? Yea no point.
The only ones true are that I built a traditional AP caster as AD (it makes sense in context, and isn't always a bad idea) and that I used an ult to clear a creep wave because we weren't going to team fight within the next few minutes.

The AFK accusation is untrue, though. If they have the technology, they can look at the match in that particular case and see that I've never done so.

Quote:
Edit: Had to point out your awful reason on being "toxic" to 405 players. 45 games. All it takes is 1 player to report....not all 9 others. Once again, Riot trying to defend themselves for them being inadequate. Lets throw huge made up numbers at people to sound right!
And in addition to this, how many reports are actually legitimate? You can see that I was reported in game 1 for having the word "Girl" in my name. Some people have realized that you can't get someone banned by reporting them for unskilled player, so they report for intentionally feeding instead.

Rysan Marquise

12-14-2012

Bumping this. Riots explanation lead me to have less faith in their system.

By wide margin.

ClearSkyss

12-14-2012

Quote:
This is largely true. We've found that the Tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received MANY reports, in MANY games, from MANY people, the system will then go through your Reported Games and randomly select them for a Tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

In this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a Tribunal Case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the Tribunal System with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 Day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 Games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in League of Legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a Tribunal Case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your AP Items on a caster and buying AD Items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the Fountain because your Surrender Vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's Ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but I'm not sure I believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

riot staff is ******

Great Pyrenees

12-14-2012

Quote:

In this case?

Thank you for this wonderful and very well explained post. Very useful and very infomative. I like the face Riot cares enough to talk to both good and 'bad' players. Take care and happy holidays!

The Hobo Lord

12-14-2012

Quote:

In this case?

You don't get it do you, the cases shown in the OP were not punishable, that means the tribunal messed up by punishing this case unless they had the psychic power to see the rest of the games he was reported in.

Lyte gave the same response to another player who needed to be banned, but his tribunal case was actually mild. The tribunal messed up there again, you never accept this, I mean, imagine the same case came up for a player who was INCORRECTLY reported 45 times.