You can't get banned for having a bad game-- are you kidding me?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThatGoodGuyGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa whoa... wait a minute

You basically just said these two games do not show toxic behavior. and that 2 games do not decide a ban.

Two games JUST DID decide this ban. Two games that SHOULD have a pardon vote.

You yourself couldn't find anything wrong in these two games so you went digging. and that is NOT what the tribunal is about. With this kind of treatment, just being IN the tribunal is a bannable offense. You can search my history and see i'm nowhere near a toxic player. So it's not like i have some kind of vendetta.

We had two games to judge. in those two games no toxic behavior was shown

that should be a pardon due to lack of evidence. NOT a reason to go digging into someones past just looking for dirt.

If your system is as good as you claim, then she should be pardoned, and the next trip to the tribunal will more than likely pull out a sample of the punishable behavior you speak of.

By doing things this way you only fuel the fire for anti-tribunal rhetoric
If you read carefully, he said two games don't get you into the tribunal.


Game 2 is what got him banned imo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarvan Krislov

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookieecookie View Post
this is largely true. We've found that the tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received many reports, in many games, from many people, the system will then go through your reported games and randomly select them for a tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

in this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a tribunal case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the tribunal system with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in league of legends.
Think about that. 1 player vs. 405 ruined experiences in league of legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a tribunal case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your ap items on a caster and buying ad items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the fountain because your surrender vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but i'm not sure i believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

Because right now, what you're doing isn't working.
wow o_o


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caristinn

Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
lol, and now the mob turns away from the toxic player who they now accept as a toxic player and try to ban the person that single-handedly brought his/her toxicity to light.

Go for it. I'll fly off into the sunset with a bomb strapped to my flying batmobile and continue to be the hero while I'm banging whoever that actress was, and reunite with Alfred. Nobody will be playing with your toxicity for a week, thanks to me. Got an official post to confirm it, which might not have happened if I hadn't trolled you so successfully and incessantly.

Let me close my post with this:

are you mad?

LOL
Why would I be mad? If he's actually going to continue justify a ban based on doing poorly in a match, I'd be okay with getting permabanned. (Also, the 7 day ban hasn't applied yet-- I think it was hypothetical)?

You're way more attached to this game than I am. Also not sure what you're talking about. I haven't noticed people turn away from me. There are a lot of people coming in because they saw a red post, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xaeonis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-13-2012

You got WOOKIEECOOKIE'D!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ep1cLeprechaun

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
lol, and now the mob turns away from the toxic player who they now accept as a toxic player and try to ban the person that single-handedly brought his/her toxicity to light.

Go for it. I'll fly off into the sunset with a bomb strapped to my flying batmobile and continue to be the hero while I'm banging whoever that actress was, and reunite with Alfred. Nobody will be playing with your toxicity for a week, thanks to me. Got an official post to confirm it, which might not have happened if I hadn't trolled you so successfully and incessantly.

Let me close my post with this:

are you mad?

LOL
Anne Hathaway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Skull Kid

Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caristinn View Post
Annoying is subjective and isn't up for you to decide. There's an ignore feature. If I was to report annoying players, then at least 20% of the people I've met would be banned.

I honestly think you just hate females.
I hate GAMURR GURRRLS


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reedonidas

Senior Member

12-13-2012

I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've been temporarily banned
But committed no crime -
And fed in games
I've thrown a few
I've had my share of reports thrown in my face -
But I've come through!

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on punishing - 'til the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for transgendered trolls,
'Cause we are the champions - of the world!

I've given First Blood
And my mid laner calls -
You are so stupid and terrible and the worst jungler I ever saw!
-
I thank you all -

It was no bed of roses,
But I fixed my runes -
I started watching streams, got better -
And got platinum, too! -

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on punishing - 'til the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for transgendered game ruiners,
Because we are the champions of the world!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caristinn

Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Skull Kid View Post
I hate GAMURR GURRRLS
'cept I'm a male.

Males can still call out sexism.

Quote:
No time for transgendered game ruiners,
It'd be hilarious if you got banned for hate speech.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ep1cLeprechaun

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caristinn View Post
"If you do badly in a game, you get reported. Working as intended, gentlemen."

Why would I care emotionally? It's a video game. Do you want me to get mad when I'm feeding and then flame, or stay calm and try to move onto the next game?


Look at Annie's kit. Post midgame, all she's missing is a steroid. AD Annie was actually apparently really common early in the games' release, but it stopped being played. Is she outclassed by other ADs? Hell yes, but AP Annie is also outclassed by other APs.

A 2 (2.5?) AOE stun is huge in combination with Amumu's ult. When they have a Diana and Katarina (this was neglected to be mentioned), you -really- don't want to be as close to a fight as AP Annie is.
You didn't just do badly in a game. This isn't A game. This is a history of reports and punishments. You ruined a game and didn't care, this is why you shouldn't be playing.

Also, its 1.75.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reedonidas

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep1cLeprechaun View Post
Anne Hathaway.
thanks