You can't get banned for having a bad game-- are you kidding me?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rysan Marquise

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
This is largely true. We've found that the Tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received MANY reports, in MANY games, from MANY people, the system will then go through your Reported Games and randomly select them for a Tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

In this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a Tribunal Case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the Tribunal System with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 Day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 Games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in League of Legends.
Think about that. 1 player vs. 405 ruined experiences in League of Legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a Tribunal Case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your AP Items on a caster and buying AD Items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the Fountain because your Surrender Vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's Ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but I'm not sure I believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

Because right now, what you're doing isn't working.
That's nice. Those games weren't part of the Tribunal listing.

This speaks to Tribunal being more flawed not less - evidence wasn't given and a wrong verdict was given taken the evidence at hand.

Maybe he deserved a ban - I can't say, but he definitely didn't for these two cases. This is my problem with the ban. Not that this guy, in specific, got banned.

King Reedwise

12-13-2012

Quote:
This is largely true. We've found that the Tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received MANY reports, in MANY games, from MANY people, the system will then go through your Reported Games and randomly select them for a Tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

In this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a Tribunal Case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the Tribunal System with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 Day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 Games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in League of Legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a Tribunal Case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your AP Items on a caster and buying AD Items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the Fountain because your Surrender Vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's Ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but I'm not sure I believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

I do agree with you in this case, but I don't agree with the player behavior team's stance on stuff like this. Why tell the general populace that punishing people is, "probably right?"

Let me share this experience with you:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=reed+wise

This thread was originally made in the General Discussion forums. This player said nothing in any of his games, and didn't do anything except perform poorly. Players who agreed with the Punish vote cited reasons like the one you mentioned(he probably did other bad stuff in other games we don't know about) and reasons like, "he didn't adhere to the rules of the custom game's title" which wasn't information Tribunal voters were privy to.

Therefore, I submit that the Tribunal failed in this case and someone tried to cover it up by moving it to a less visible forum to die. The player behavior team has shown they don't mind Tribunal threads in GD by responding to them, but that case that I posted is genuine innocence as far as the Tribunal can tell, and someone unfairly moderated it. It has almost 200 upvotes.

I do not think telling people, "anyone in the Tribunal is probably guilty" is fair and it goes against the Tribunal FAQ and the Summoner's Code. Seriously, it does.

DarkChibiman

12-13-2012

@WookieCookie

Hi, wookie! I have a question about what you said -

You said after you reach a certain threshold of reports, the system goes in and grabs random games to show in the Tribunal Report.

Well, my question is, why do some people only recieve 1 game in a Tribunal Report and some recieve 5? Is it a measure of quantity or reports/what percantile of "most-reported" they're in, or is the number of reports completely random?

Darkvolcan

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep1cLeprechaun View Post
No, he said that OP has been reported 45 times since his last punishment, and that he deserved this. You're being a sore loser.
Because that shows on the tribunal case, right?

They had 0 evidence against the OP. He might have done something, but if tribunal kids are just gonna assume, then there's no point in having the tribunal anyway.

PG Bob Chen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-13-2012

"But the Tribunal is balanced and fair!" /sarcasm

dredzach

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep1cLeprechaun View Post
No, Ez merely said 'buy wards' OP responded 'why'.
And it doesn't matter how OP intended it. Clearly complained about 3 enemy champs, some of them more than once, yet says they never did. OP died 13 of the 44 times. OP is the reason that the team lost, to the point that 75% of her teammates reported him. This hasn't been the first time he was punished. He brought this on himself.
Nothing wrong with complaining about enemy champs killing you.

13 deaths in a 40 minute losing game is really not that much, especially considering they had Rengar who could insta-gib her any time he felt like it (and probably did).

Her teammates had plenty of deaths too. Amumu had 10, only 3 less than LB and he's a super tank. Lee Sin stands out as the superman of the team but he also picked an OP champ and played vs squishy TF in mid. He probably racked up tons of kills just on TF alone.

King Reedwise

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post
Because that shows on the tribunal case, right?

They had 0 evidence against the OP. He might have done something, but if tribunal kids are just gonna assume, then there's no point in having the tribunal anyway.
"you are doing bad in this game"

"I did good in other games, u mad?"

How is that not ruining your experience? 0-13 isn't doing bad, it's ruining the game. Not even being a little repentant about ruining the game - which we know he was aware of due to him mentioning IPL5 and the metagame - and not only not being repentant, but harassing his teammates is a Punish vote, every single time.

Karnikula

12-13-2012

Quote:

Because every time a player gets a single report he has shown toxic behavior, right ?

Caristinn

12-13-2012

Quote:
13 deaths in a 40 minute losing game is really not that much, especially considering they had Rengar who could insta-gib her any time he felt like it (and probably did).
This too.

It's actually really, really common for players on the enemy team to hunt down the weakest target in an attempt to demoralize the enemy team. Rengar would turretdive me nonstop, and there isn't much to do about that as squishy LeBlanc who already has an atrocious lategame.

Quote:
Because every time a player gets a single report he has shown toxic behavior, right ?
I get reported a lot because I have problems with getting countersnowballed. IIRC, last night I was reported by 4 people for going 0-6-1 against Akali.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:

In this case?

I suggest a new strategy, OP.

Let the Wookiee win.

I mean, follow the Wookiee's advice.