You can't get banned for having a bad game-- are you kidding me?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ep1cLeprechaun

12-13-2012

You can take your bow, Reed.

Caristinn

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
This is largely true. We've found that the Tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received MANY reports, in MANY games, from MANY people, the system will then go through your Reported Games and randomly select them for a Tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

In this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a Tribunal Case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the Tribunal System with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 Day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 Games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in League of Legends.
Think about that. 1 player vs. 405 ruined experiences in League of Legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a Tribunal Case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your AP Items on a caster and buying AD Items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the Fountain because your Surrender Vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's Ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but I'm not sure I believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

Because right now, what you're doing isn't working.
I already made a thread to contest that suspension, but it was not given a response. I explained my rationale for deciding to sell my items-- our AD carry was doing poorly, and AP Annie falls off while AD Annie does have a relatively strong late-late game if your team is capable of protecting her (Graves has Smoke Screen, Amumu has an ult). I also never went afk in that match-- I have NEVER done that. Ever. Are there some games where I wish I could? Yes, like in that LeBlanc game. But I trudge on, and that ends with me dying more and more in a snowballing process. I'll be honest-- I'm bad at getting back in the game after getting curbstomped early game.

But is being bad at something truly a reason to be banned? Isn't this a PvP game, where one player or team will be worse than the other? You also have to keep in mind that there are some champions that actually can safely ult a minion wave (for example, Ezreal, Miss Fortune) if you know a team fight isn't coming.

Magik

12-13-2012

wookieecookie OP

INyuuI

12-13-2012

Quote:
This is largely true. We've found that the Tribunal is really good at weeding out players who consistently display toxic behavior.

But one part the system could do better is in displaying this toxic behavior more clearly to players who will say anything to make themselves look innocent.

It's no secret that after you've received MANY reports, in MANY games, from MANY people, the system will then go through your Reported Games and randomly select them for a Tribunal case.

In some cases these games can be slam dunks, in other cases they may not be as clear cut. But if you get a guilty judgement you shouldn't just assume you were banned for "two games". A player is never banned simply for “two games”

In this case?

Well, two games were not the reason behind getting a Tribunal Case in the first place. We know that players have bad games. We’ve actually built the Tribunal System with this idea in mind.
That’s not what happened here. In fact, since the previous 3 Day suspension the player has been reported in over 45 games.

Over 45 Games? That's toxic behavior that affects over 405 players in League of Legends.

Some of the things that most likely resulted in crossing the threshold to generate a Tribunal Case?

Well, half way through the game selling all of your AP Items on a caster and buying AD Items just to spite your team mates isn’t a very nice thing to do.

Afking at the Fountain because your Surrender Vote failed is another pretty effective way to gain reports and lose friends too.

Running in the jungle and using your character's Ult on creeps and minions to purposely anger your teammates? Yeah, that will probably do it too.

It’s a shame that those games were not among the randomly selected to be shown here. Because then we wouldn't even have to be having this conversation.

You mentioned that you had learned your lesson from your previous 3 day ban, but I'm not sure I believe you. Obviously you've cut back on the toxic speech, which is great. But there's a lot of way you can be a jerk to your team mates. And if you're not ready to be a teamplayer and treat others with the respect they deserve then perhaps you can really use this 7 day suspension to reflect more on what else you can do.

How can you say any of the reports he received were justified if all we have are two games that don't deserve a ban? By that logic people should just hit punish on all tribunal cases because even if they are innocent in the cases that are shown, they might not in every other report.

MasterHellbent

12-13-2012

tribunal trolls banning trolls its a flawed system shoulda reworked that instead of this patch

OpiumOhs

12-13-2012

No what it actually seems like is this could've been one of the very small percentile that didn't deserve a ban but a red looked into it saw the history of toxic behavior and informed the OP about it. Although the content in the games was extremely mild and "instapunishers" do exist and seem to have done so in this case, the Tribunal sadly came to the right verdict even if the evidence wasn't clearly there.

VoidBoss

12-13-2012

Quote:

In this case?

then why have a tribunal?

according to JUST those two cases that would have been a pardon

but why would it matter if its believed to be punished.
just auto punish everyone with more than a certain number of reports

Ep1cLeprechaun

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post
What the red said, in other words, was:

"instapunishers happened to be right, despite there being absolutely no evidence against the OP.
Because the OP ended up in the tribunal, he was reported countless times, and deserves to get banned regardless of what the tribunal thinks.
The tribunal is a massive failure."
No, he said that OP has been reported 45 times since his last punishment, and that he deserved this. You're being a sore loser.

Mel Gibson

12-13-2012

Quote:

In this case?

Adapt or die fleshling.

And it was K

12-13-2012

Wookie, why do you guys use randomly selected games? These kinds of threads pop up so often with the cases in the reform card looking mild or even innocent.