Ontario Power Outage result in ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thenn

07-09-2013

I was playing a ranked game around 7:30 pm yesterday and in a couple minutes all the power in my area shut down. The power came back around 8:00 am the next morning and i checked my account and i was banned until july 11. Is this fair?

LargeSnorlax

07-09-2013

I'm surprised you were even able to get home, took me 3 hours yesterday, the grid was pretty much ****ed.

In all fairness, if you were playing during that storm, you're nuts to think the power wouldn't go out. Our area got almost 1 meter of rain and power was off pretty much all over the GTA.

Leaverbuster got you, which is an automated system, which means you've been leaving too many games. It won't get you for just one.

Edit: You have another 3 games in your recent history where the same thing happens, so it's obviously not an isolated incident.

Aniline

07-09-2013

Erm... you have 4 leaves in the last 10 games. O.o

If your power had gone out while playing the game, that would only cause 1 leave... not 4. >.>

TenshouSNK

07-09-2013

No power outage here in York Region. I heard about what happened in the GTA and Mississauga though. Sucks to be you guys lol.

Mansonboy

07-09-2013

Seriously, you'd play LoL durring a storm like that and not expect the power to go out, let alone the fact that you don't get banned for one leave.

So to sum up:

1) You played during a severe storm liable to knock the power out
2) You have a history of leaving or afk'ing

So yes, this ban is fair.

LargeSnorlax

07-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenshouSNK View Post
No power outage here in York Region. I heard about what happened in the GTA and Mississauga though. Sucks to be you guys lol.
I'm in Richmond Hill - We didn't have any flooding or power outages, our grid's good - But we got all the lightning storms, something like 60 strikes between 5-6 yesterday, storm was so crazy.

gi3bnvd

07-09-2013

yes, that is fair. you ruined the game for nine other people.
you should stop playing LoL during a storm.

falkenjeff

07-09-2013

Oh wow, a power outage would have got me, since I'm not playing on a laptop. I didn't realize the storm was that bad until my internet went out, and I Google'd afterward and saw that even a train got flooded to a halt. There was no flooding near Bloor and DUfferin where I live, so I was just like "lolwat, that explains the 5x more sirens I hear outside".

I didn't get leavebusted, because I just tethered through my phone and reconnected . I also got trolled in my game, because people didn't believe that I was lagging and had to switch to tethering through my phone. I told them to Google the weather in Toronto, Ontario, and they said "where in the US is that?". I told them Canada, and they also said "where in the US is that?".

I shoulda just left if I knew I would get trolled for trying to stay in the game. My first leave ever wouldn't have hurt me >_>.

PyGoN

07-09-2013

On a second read I have decided that this is pure troll

LargeSnorlax

07-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkenjeff View Post
Oh wow, a power outage would have got me, since I'm not playing on a laptop. I didn't realize the storm was that bad until my internet went out, and I Google'd afterward and saw that even a train got flooded to a halt. There was no flooding near Bloor and DUfferin where I live, so I was just like "lolwat, that explains the 5x more sirens I hear outside".

I didn't get leavebusted, because I just tethered through my phone and reconnected . I also got trolled in my game, because people didn't believe that I was lagging and had to switch to tethering through my phone. I told them to Google the weather in Toronto, Ontario, and they said "where in the US is that?". I told them Canada, and they also said "where in the US is that?".

I shoulda just left if I knew I would get trolled for trying to stay in the game. My first leave ever wouldn't have hurt me >_>.

That train was literally down the road from me. People were breaking windows and swimming out into the newly created river because, well, they didn't feel like drowning.