Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blazerboy

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
The prizes will be split between the winning participants, so you'd have to call dibs on that Snow Bunny Nidalee or Snowmerdinger amongst your friends.
Wait, what about the jacket, do we have to split one jacket (-_-), or can we at least have three of those? (^ _^ )

Cashew Attorney

12-13-2012

If our entry was a gingerbread sculpture on snowy Summoner's Rift, for the Summoner's Rift part to be considered- I assume it would also have to be fully edible? Or are you looking to see a 'sculpture' and not a 'scene'?

phantomash

12-13-2012

What happens if you win and do not own the champions for the skins?

Oops already answered, sorry!

Davidt1234

12-13-2012

AWESOME
...i have no idea what to do :O

Mr Yordle

12-13-2012

Sorry if this has been answered...

But I'm planning to do this contest with a friend. It says "You can collaborate with as many people as you want, but only three will be credited for each submission" but then what happens if we (by some chance) win, say, the "Grand Prize" of all the skins, the hat and the hoodie?

Do we get 2x all of that, or do we split it? Because it says there is 4,000 dollars of prizes between all the skins and hats up for grabs, so I'm assuming if an entry with two names attached wins they can't just double the prizes. If it is split, how would the skins work? Could we split the skins or does only one person get them?

I only ask because I would do anything for the Happy Elf Teemo skin and my friend who is doing this with me would do anything for Snow Bunny Nidalee, so if only one of us got the skins...it might mean the end of our almost 15 year friendship.

mochibuni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

I think the main concern people are having when they mentioned disdain towards fondant is because the previous contest awarded top prizes to sculptures made of fondant, emphasis on sculpture, instead of food. How nice or realistic the entries looked mattered more than being creative with food and still looking like food. It might as well be a proper sculpture contest instead of a food one if that's what's going to win.

That said, I loooove these kinds of contests and I know many of us are going to try and think out of the box with our entries. I will be 100% unsurprised if fondant sculptures win again, but I hope to see lots of more creatively inspired food pieces floating around the forums and tumblr because of this contest. Last time someone made a river scene with cabbage and it was so cool, I can't wait to see more like that.

Personally, I would like to see a future food contest stipulate no visible fondant or marzipan and see how super creative everyone becomes.

TheHat27

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
Artistic and creative skill, yes. Contests are often focused on creative individuals who can express themselves wonderfully in a medium of their choice. We're always hoping to expand our contest repertoire so if you have any ideas for contests that you feel would work well for Riot, I'd love to hear them!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=30607229

This.

Please.

Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.

Bellatricks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

I've never been so excited to enter a contest before ^_^

Reikii

12-14-2012

I'm so excited, I've got tears coming down my face. I actually have a chance at Snow Bunny Nidalee.

wilster54

12-14-2012

Tottally doing this Time to make some gingerbread!!! and are we allowed to use "extras" on our "sculpture" like Candy Canes, Hershey kisses, etc? i really want to win this years Snow Bunny Nidalee skin!