Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Yeah, I share the sentiment of most of the people here, although some of you made a much bigger time investment than I did.
I know the contest is supposed to be for fun, but to be honest if I had known that the results would have been judged like they have then I probably wouldn't have entered at all. Maybe I would have thrown together a quick flat cutout character just on the off chance a Rioter particularly likes it, because the selections seem pretty random.

Oh well, congrats to the winners.

Ron Paul

01-11-2013

I think this deserves a riot response, because a lot of these entries in voting looked like they could have been made in about 10-15 minutes.

We should post on the new thread and voice our concerns - it probably won't change anything, but I want to hear what the reds have to say.

Karma Adjuster

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
I think this deserves a riot response, because a lot of these entries in voting looked like they could have been made in about 10-15 minutes.

We should post on the new thread and voice our concerns - it probably won't change anything, but I want to hear what the reds have to say.

WOW.... That is truly amazing.

And I'm totally shocked that not only is it not even in the voting, but not first prize.

Wow Riot... Your selection of winners seems to be totally arbitrary.
Shame on you.

Ron Paul, I'd vote for you. In fact, I'm logging in to gift you a skin right now.

...just wow.

-----UPDATE-----

Drat. The gifting is closed. Contact me in game, and I'll sort out how to give you a skin.
As well as skins for the the others involved.
You guys were robbed.

GoddessShallah

01-11-2013

This is what I am talking about, Ron Paul's didn't even make fan vote.. seriously Good ones didn't make it in, I've seen many good ones. Maybe I am not the best but I've seen a lot of good.

GoddessShallah

01-11-2013

I did start a forum about it, called elo hell? try gingerbread hell! :P I don't know if I put it in a good spot but let the official complaints begin. IF we stand together, Riot will have no choice but to listen. And I am not trying to take away from the winners, congrats to you all but some really good stuff got left out of even fan voting and that has to be a mistake. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2992700

Ducane

01-11-2013

well, didnt make voting so i might as well post this here... figured everyone would go the christmas route and pentakill karthus would give me some originality or creativity points, but guess not

http://imgur.com/rmp9k

Bryy

01-11-2013

So people got into the voting where they copied the announcement Teemo from whatever year that was... they're in the voting when you can't tell what it even is they've submitted... or see any gingerbread at all. You can see which submissions took a time, a LOT of time. Did they look at the submissions at all? I'm not convinced.

Perhaps there was an unseen age group that the rest of us weren't aware of, they checked who entered and made selection from the >10 group or something.

I don't want to be bitter and angry, but I feel frustrated and almost insulted at their decisions.

LizardMixture

01-11-2013

hmm. yeah. The two identical entries that are copies of the teemo image seen on the first page of the contest thread? Not sure how an entry like that made it in. How BOTH of them made it in. So weird. It's pretty confusing.

iWeasle

Recruiter

01-11-2013

I dont want to be a sore loser, but my 3d gingerblitz was way more impressive than all the 15 minute frosted cookies that got high marks or even won, do you realize what an engineering monstrosity he is?

Ms LadyDelicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

I fee like I am selling myself out here but I put up a general discussion forum and I am really interested in everyone's entries and who they made there creations. You can talk about your creation and how you made it, why you created what you created and etc.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post33384798

Anyways congrats to the winners really am happy for you! I also wish the other participants the best of luck in the voting realm, congrats!!