Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Depraving

01-11-2013

Funny how some of these grand prize ones have an awful lot of fondant and very little cookie/gingerbread. I thought the point was for the cookie to show through :P If I had known that, mine would've been a lot nicer lol.

There are some really awesome ones where people worked with the cookies really well and did a nice icing job (:

Ombria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Grats to all the winners

Figured I'd go ahead and post this here anyways. Enjoy!

GoddessShallah

01-11-2013

Congrats to all the winners, I didn't even make it for the voting so I thought I would show mine here. And I am going to show my cupcake in progress because you know what, I am very proud of mine. Vegetarian gingerbread recipe - as well as the fact that I used a gingerbread/candy theme. The other lulu in the vote, I don't understand I don't see the gingerbread/sugar cookie nor graham cracker but ok maybe that is what she is made of crumbled graham cracker.

I am showing my cupcake, made by my hand with little white chocolate buttons for eyes and my color pallete of frosting, this took me several hours, including getting the gingerbread right.

I also think there should be a place where we can say, this one deserves to be in fan vote because I really think that morg one does, come on, little gingerbread men! Or next time just make a fondant sculpture and crumble graham crackers around it.

GoddessShallah

01-11-2013

No fondant and my pix was white chocolate that I melted and added pink food color to, I am very proud, I thought my cupcake turned out great but I guess not. I didn't even make it to the fan voting, have a wonderful day everyone - no candy cane mf for me.

Ombria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

I'm pretty startled we didn't see more of some of the entries posted here (boxing day blitz, the yordles by Chanel/drop of no.5, etc.). Kudos to all those who made their entries visibly out of gingerbread and with holiday themes; I enjoyed marveling over them all! Everyone did a lovely job!

GoddessShallah

01-11-2013

So does everyone make it the fan voting or only select ones? And Im surprised that the Morgana gingerbread entry that we saw posted here didn't win, I thought for sure that one would win - it was great.

Shaann

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessShallah View Post
So does everyone make it the fan voting or only select ones? And Im surprised that the Morgana gingerbread entry that we saw posted here didn't win, I thought for sure that one would win - it was great.
Nope, not everybody.
How disappointing.

A Wild Magikarp

01-11-2013

Just wanted to leave my congrats to the winners here. There were quite a few deserving entries and hopefully some lucky people do well in the voting.

I must say though, I feel absolutely horrible that I didn't even make it into the voting stage. My full submission is on page 31 of this thread (gonna go ahead and repost it here... discription of the submission is on pg. 31 though... http://www.flickr.com/photos/4486311...n/photostream/ ) and I strongly feel that I earned a place in the voting. I don't want to take away any of the hard work of the others in the finals voting so I won't go about picking ones I feel that I specifically beat because I think that's tacky... I'm wondering if I just did something wrong in terms of resolution when I submitted it, if there was something they deemed inedible (100% of what I used was edible within the actual submission to be clear), or if I possibly was passed over for having participated in the last 2 contests. I wouldn't even begin to know if the rest of the community thought I was deserving of a top fan vote, but I would have really loved to be in the excitement regardless.

Anyways, I doubt a red will catch this and I know that this sounds pretty butthurt... just know I poured a ton of hours into this project with the sole intention of grabbing some really awesome holiday skins that I won't have a chance to access again and apparently came up incredibly short. I will make a promise here though. The next time a cooking contest comes around, I WILL make a splash (please note that's not some lousy pun based on my summoner name... just a very determined promise). I know that sounds arrogant but I am incredibly competitive when I put my mind to it. Best of luck to everyone else in future contests and a very happy new year =)

GoddessShallah

01-11-2013

I think they should have put everyone in the fan voting, that's not butthurt to me, that's just fair. Give us a chance to voice which ones we think are worthy, not the ones you think are worthy of our votes. I honestly cried, I am not going to lie. Maybe that makes me a big baby but I thought I at least deserved a chance at the fan vote, at the very least.

And you can think it's tacky I just don't understand how she made it to the fan vote, I am glad for her and I hope she wins I just don't see any of the ingredients, maybe I need glasses and maybe I am a horrible person for asking.

Shaann

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessShallah View Post
I honestly cried
Same. lol