Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreampod

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS18fc4f8fabbd3b View Post
Well, came here all over from EUNE to post my work any opinions?

Frenzee (whatever this name here means)
Wow the detail is amazing. How did you design that?

IS18fc4f8fabbd3b

01-07-2013

Put it from dough pieces before baking
Also toothpick was used for MANY details. Almost all actually.

Pickle Pet

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerPixie View Post
Well I've been watching and waiting for results, and I figure its about time to post my submission... so who wants to play I Spy?

Included are about homemade 115 cookies.

Easy mode:
Find the 3 minions

Hard mode:
Find and identify all 27 items. (A couple are really hard to identify 'cause they ended up behind another item in our pics, but you can see at least part of all of them).

The scene is our little shopkeeper playing Santa as the minions sort and wrap all his items, Pantheon, Amumu, and Morgana are in line to see if they've been good or bad this year, what do you think?
Ooh, I love games!
1. Rabadon
2. Health pot
3. Wriggles Lantern
4. Last Whisper
5. Kindlegem
6. Glacial Shroud
7. Haunting Guise
8. Locket of the Iron Solari
9. Kage's Lucky Pick
10. Catalyst of the Protector or Frozen Heart
11. Trinity Force
12. Aegis of the Legion
13. Wit's End
14. Zhonya's Hourglass
15. Elixir of Fortitude
The rest I don't know. ^ ^;

SmoulderIceCube

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

In some of my friends' and my opinion, a LOL fun-fiction writing competition would be very nice!

Drivex

01-07-2013

My Cake

SirFoolsalot

01-07-2013

Felt like uploading my project to pass the time while waiting for those long awaited results haha. Was a little scared I wouldn't make it, but I submitted it right before the deadline ended. Phew. Good luck to all!

Lucidia

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWeasle View Post
so im not the only one getting less and less confident as time goes on.
btw yours are good
Haha mine has been dwindling from the beginning. I just want to rock a teemo hat is that so wrong? T-T

Dreampod

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoulderIceCube View Post
In some of my friends' and my opinion, a LOL fun-fiction writing competition would be very nice!
The problem with that is judging would take massively longer than with photo/art contests where you can do a first sort in about 15 seconds per entrant instead of 15 minutes. The other major problem is that while most people can at least identify art as good vs not-good the same does not apply to writing. The kind of writing that shows up on a daily basis by writers who think they are amazing but in fact is awful is truly truly stunning. Imagine forcing the poor Rioters to spend hours reading the average fanfic site and then realise that you can't pay them enough.

Jet Kusanagi

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWeasle View Post
so im not the only one getting less and less confident as time goes on.
btw yours are good
Me too...didn't think there would be this much competition XD

I just want this to be over, even if I lose. I can't stand the waiting @.@

A Wild Magikarp

01-07-2013

The scary part is that I don't recall any of the top winners posting their submissions in advance last time so if that trend continues this time, it's quite possible that we've maybe seen at most 1-2 winners so far. I do remember seeing a bunch of people who posted early end up earning a spot in the voting section though and I can't imagine a lot of these submissions people have posted so far not making it there at the very least this time. I fully expect to see at least 2-3 entries show up for the first time in the winner's gallery though and just blow everyone away with their quality. I'm just hoping that I did enough creative things to end up in the same sentence as those people when it's all said and done. Whether or not that happens though, I can already feel the gears turning in my head thinking about the next time a cooking contest comes around. I'm going to go all Goku mode and prepare for the return of Cell in terms of technical ability in the kitchen. (I wonder how the cookies would turn out at 500x Earth's gravity though...)

I really think this taking place during the holidays will be a big wildcard here. We may see a lot less entries than expected because people were too busy to work on this. Just the same though, it could turn out that there are a ton more entries than expected because everyone with free time went wild on this.