Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolféran Maximus

12-13-2012

Hmm... *scratches head*
Does this also comes with "Swag" Riot?

ShotgunSoul

12-13-2012

Dear Reds,

Hanukkah candies (chocolate gold coins, aka gelt) cool?

Lord SS

12-13-2012

"your summoner name..."

Does this mean the name I log in with, or the one people see when I play games?

Shallnazar

12-13-2012

So, Do all 3 people, granted they have League accounts get a jacket and all the Snowdown skins? Or is that just for one person?

SimpleGlue

12-13-2012

A few questions...
1. If I participate with my friends (say 2) will all 3 of us get the prizes?
2. For the snowdown skins, what if we do not own one of the champions with the skin? Will we get the champion and the skin, the skin, or nothing at all.
3. On the submission website, it only allows us to input one summoner name, so would we have to send multiple submissions for each person?
Thanks for your time

nikasaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

12-13-2012
2 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzmaster View Post
What if someone gets top 10 but they don't have all the champs with Christmas skins? Will Riot just give them the champs and skins?
Yes, they also get the champions if they don't already have them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearwulf View Post
i must learn to cook i will do a gifgantic sculpture made of bacon and cakee
Add a graham cracker and you're good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCannon View Post
Just questions...
How will Riot know if the gingerbread, graham crackers, or Christmas cookies are edible?
I have a feeling that a fake graham cracker will look worse and be more expensive than a real one, but we can contact people on an individual basis if we feel their entries are not quite genuine foodstuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownface View Post
Can I just make a fondant sculpture and then crumble a graham cracker on the base and call it creative?
The focus is on using gingerbread and cookies, so it'd be wise to use them as a primary ingredient... but I'm down for some creativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran View Post
The majority of the contests here are skewed severely towards those with artistic skill.
Artistic and creative skill, yes. Contests are often focused on creative individuals who can express themselves wonderfully in a medium of their choice. We're always hoping to expand our contest repertoire so if you have any ideas for contests that you feel would work well for Riot, I'd love to hear them!

Corran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
Artistic and creative skill, yes. Contests are often focused on creative individuals who can express themselves wonderfully in a medium of their choice. We're always hoping to expand our contest repertoire so if you have any ideas for contests that you feel would work well for Riot, I'd love to hear them!
My problem with the last food contest was it rewarded people who could make sculptures out of fondant, not creativity with food. There were a lot of runner ups in the contest that should have been in the top 10 over the ones where it was a screenshot of pure fondant.

In terms of non-artistic contests, I feel like the contest where you had to hold up a sign in a crowd was a step in the right direction (the one I could have actually participated in). You could do more "go out and do this" contests or some kind of scavenger hunt type contest.

Ragingmushroom

12-13-2012

I have no artistic skill so I won't be entering, cool prize tho

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

12-13-2012
3 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor Knox View Post
"your summoner name..."

Does this mean the name I log in with, or the one people see when I play games?
The name people see when you play games

nikasaur

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

12-13-2012
4 of 15 Riot Posts

Let me preface that, possibly, graham crackers are the answer to everything ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDude View Post
BEST. CONTEST. EVER!!! I don't know how to bake, though.
Graham crackers!

(See?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseCraker View Post
Can I use cake and fondant for some of the sculpture? Or can I only use gingerbread, graham crackers and christmas cookies
You can use other materials, but it should primarily BE gingerbread or be in a gingerbread style. You know, those gingerbread houses? Yeah them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashew Attorney View Post
Are there any rules considering the visibility of the cookie? Like, does the cookie have to be a feature that you don't have to 'look for' or can it be underneath fondant?
Yes, you have to visibly have gingerbread, graham crackers or cookies in the creation, and bonus points if it's the focus of the submission. If it is not visible, it is not eligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattarias View Post
Please submit all entries directly to me for proper taste-testing.
Yes, send to him, not to me. My insulin levels are already quaking in fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMrStark View Post
This sounds like fun
I think I'll actually enter this contest. You guys should really do more of these, Riot!

And, I'll get to eat it afterwards!
Fun is job #1 when it comes to contests! Whether you win or lose, we want you to enjoy the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunSoul View Post
Dear Reds,

Hanukkah candies (chocolate gold coins, aka gelt) cool?
Heck to the Yes, go crazy with it! Gotta have the cookie-stuff too, but remember what I mentioned? Graham crackers. They are the answer to everything ever.