Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alysaria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wild Magikarp View Post
Truth be told, I wish more people would do stuff like this. There wouldn't have to be any parameters or competition that ended with people making rants about fondant or not beating out someone else. You could work with whatever supplies you wanted to work with, in the time frame best for you, and use whatever themes/ideas appealed to you. It may not have the excitement or rewards of an actual contest, but why not have some fun, do something different, and just randomly whip up some awesome LoL food art? If it's something truly noteworthy, the people at Riot will make sure you know that it's awesome.
I also find I do better when I'm having fun, and the stress of competing takes away some of the fun. The costume and song contests don't stress me out as much as looking at a lump of fail and then a beautiful cake that looks just like blitzcrank down to the last detail. The last food contest, I made mini pizza Cait traps with salsa cupcakes. Didn't have a chance, but it was fun and yummy.

zeldamaniac20

01-05-2013

have they posted results yet? if so, where?

MimeQueen

01-05-2013

We made cho'gath with frosting, marshmallows, and some sour cream and onion flavored crackers....one of the guys I was working with ate the frosting covered cracker and almost threw up...I was dying lol.

A Wild Magikarp

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldamaniac20 View Post
have they posted results yet? if so, where?
Prob. wont see it posted for a couple of week I'm guessing (official rules says they'll judge until around the 12th IIRC... could be sooner, could be later. A lot may depend on how many submissions from each region they get.). You'll see it posted in the announcements when they do decide on the winners. If they do it like the last contest, they'll post the remaining qualifiers and give us our chance to vote then (which will take a little more time to sort out).

Don't be afraid to dig through a couple of pages of this post guys... we've answered that question like 50 times already ;p

Dreampod

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisaith View Post
Anyone else just refreshing the site?
The absolute earliest I can see them putting up their choices would be late Monday afternoon since they haven't had a workday when the contest has been closed to review the entries. That said I doubt highly that it will be then, we should expect them to take several days to review their choices and the choices for us to vote on and set up the gallery and voting.

PinkRangerKimmy

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by allcowseatgraess View Post
I have a Teemo in mine, too. It's just that he stealthed ;-;.
I did that too!!! There are Teemo shrooms everywhere but no Teemo...... O.o

Amsdragonfly

01-05-2013

This is our "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Baron."

Telv1n

01-05-2013

If I win, can Phreak sign my teemo hat?

The Allegator

01-05-2013

Wow, everyone's submissions are really good. Here's what my friends and I came up with. We made everything out of gingerbread and marshmallows, except for the frosting, candy canes/candies, and trees, but everything else was hand made.

Dunno if u guys can see it but teemo's taking a bite out of one of the gingerbread men.

Saisaith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppichuu View Post
Yes! haha good thing there are nice people to chat with :P
Ya!
I just tossed out the rest of my candy SR.... it was left under the heater.